Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I'm looking forward to JB on the EVO LTE.

I already have 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It's nicer than what we have on the EVO LTE now. The two pulldowns are handy - not sure if the phone will have same. And Google Now is cool, but it's not that cool.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too special with 4.1.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

If that was the case why is it that the gslll on sprint has it then answer that ..I don't think it matters If it's gsm or cdma if I'm not mistaken I believe that sprint had there gslll on jelly bean before att

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

treyguad

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to JB on the EVO LTE.

I already have 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It's nicer than what we have on the EVO LTE now. The two pulldowns are handy - not sure if the phone will have same. And Google Now is cool, but it's not that cool.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too special with 4.1.

I'm just going to speak for everyone here and say I don't think anyone wants to hear your crap.

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

To put it as simply as I can, AOSP can't use the Sense camera, as it requires the Sense framework and drivers. So picture quality in the AOSP camera will always be inferior to Sense because AOSP can only use software drivers, whereas Sense uses the ImageSense hardware and drivers.

So if that's what's holding people back from running CM10, then those people will in fact have to wait for this update to be released, to have both JellyBean and the Sense Camera.

If you install gapps 4.2 the camera is actually pretty good quality. I run my stores facebook page and post pictures daily and I don't see a difference. But there are different features. Like you cant do miltishot and I don't like the editing features in the gallery nearly as much. But the picture quality is not bad at all.

Nick4208

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

To all the prople with the problem with there phones have any of you tried to do a factory reset and the re-run the RUU? I dont know if this will help but it might be worth a shot for someone to try.

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Only thing I don't really care about is Google now
is that the voice of GN sound very similar to Siri.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

You don't like it because it sounds like Siri? What kind of a reason is that? It would be fine to say "I don't like it because it sounds robotic and unnatural" but, in my opinion, Google Now sounds much more human than Siri.

I'm just going to speak for everyone here and say I don't think anyone wants to hear your crap.

Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE

Don't bite his head off. Everyone is allowed their opinion. What did he say that you take issue with?

Last edited:

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

You don't like it because it sounds like Siri? What kind of a reason is that? It would be fine to say "I don't like it because it sounds robotic and unnatural" but, in my opinion, Google Now sounds much more human than Siri.

Pretty much this... Have you even heard the two side-by-side?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I just tried transcendental meditation and I got this....2 siri or not 2 siri. Just sayin :thumbup::D

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Don't bite his head off. Everyone is allowed their opinion. What did he say that you take issue with?

If you read my whole post?
I didn't say, I didn't like GN. In fact,
I stated how much I enjoy using
GN and how much of an upgrade it
Is compared to the original voice search.
The only "Con" I felt, and that's my
Opinion is that the voice of
GN sounds similar to Siri.

I am sure there are a whole lot of
People would agree with me that it does have a similar sounding voice
To Siri.
I think you took my post out of context.
I am not in no way bashing
GN. In fact I have stated in my
Other post in this thread on how much of nice upgrade JB and GN
Is going to be on the EVO 4G LTE

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

If you read my whole post?
I didn't say, I didn't like GN.

I did read your whole post, and I guess I should've phrased my response differently. I just think Google Now's voice is significantly more natural than Siri, so I would consider that a pro, rather than a con.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

If you to check and see where there might be LTE available already, you can go to sensorly.com and check your zip code and see what service is available and what the coverage looks like.

I live in NYC and I am really disappointed in the coverage that I am seeing in my area (only really in The Bronx and a few pockets in Manhattan).

So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

So I happened to meet a gentleman whos an engeener and works for the company that provides LTE engeneers and tech for wireless carriers, and he was telling me that you will never see saturated LTE coverage from Sprint with the speed they're working on it. Sprint is only trying to add city names in its LTE list to make it look good. In fact they only add a few towers in each city, usually near major highways/downtown and move on to the next one. He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.

Huh? So, if we find an engineer from Microsoft who says the federal government hired very few of them to roll out a new version of iOS that means iOS just isn't being used much and Apple isn't serious about it?

I think there is more than one company that provides LTE engineers and tech for wireless carriers.

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

It's difficult because in big cities the sites might not be easily accessible so it's slow. However, here in LA it really has started to pick up. This dude is only speaking from his experience so he doesn't know. Sprint is putting billions of dollars into Network Vision.

neopolotin75

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I call BS on your guy.Lol. Sprints plan is to get each market to a certain completion percentage then move to another market while leaving some behind to finish the rollout until completed. Take the Indianapolis for example....40% completion was supposed to be December with May or June at 100% and they started back in Aug here. There's sites popping up all over the place. Sprints plan is to get LTE to wherever they have 3g.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Huh? So, if we find an engineer from Microsoft who says the federal government hired very few of them to roll out a new version of iOS that means iOS just isn't being used much and Apple isn't serious about it?

I think there is more than one company that provides LTE engineers and tech for wireless carriers.

The vendors for Sprint's LTE rollout (Samsung, Alcatel Lucent,and Ericsson) use many different companies. The company the guy works for has no way of knowing what other sites Sprint is upgrading.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

... He believes Sprint LTE is just a BS cuz Sprint is not spending any extra dollars on it. And there is a very small percentage of their people work with sprint, most of them are contracted for Verizon and ATT.
That is ludicrous. Take a look at Sprints earnings the last couple of years and you will see the amount of money they have been spending, and have allocated for future spending, on the entire Network Vision expansion. It's not even about adding towers but more about updating equipment on those towers to include LTE and upgraded 3G coverage. Though most cell companies don't own the majority of towers they use, they are leased from other companies. There are several of them out there, some even publicly traded, whose values are soaring thanks to everyone ramping up LTE coverage. A great site is Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates where you can get updates for all of the areas coverage is already at and expected to be at in the future. Tons of great info there. The fact that Sprint has a definitive plan for the LTE expansion is the reason I have stuck with them. It's not as fast as I would like, but there is a plan in place and things are moving along according to that plan.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Sprint Social Care said:
We do plan to get the Jelly Bean update, yes. We initially announced the update to launch a week or two ago however there were some alterations that were needed before it was officially rolled out.

The development team knows this update is strongly anticipated and they are working hard with HTC to get it ready to launch ASAP.

Thank you,
Chris

BAW forums