Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Name the last time they did that...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It's kind of a standard thing to do, not a big press event or anything, but a press release. HTC/Sprint did it with ICS for the Evo 3D, I seem to remember them doing it for Gingerbread on the OG Evo, if you want a recent example that I know for a fact should be easy to find, search for the JB update for the new Moto RAZR lineup or the one for the S3. Like I said, it's a standard thing to do.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

It's kind of a standard thing to do, not a big press event or anything, but a press release. HTC/Sprint did it with ICS for the Evo 3D, I seem to remember them doing it for Gingerbread on the OG Evo, if you want a recent example that I know for a fact should be easy to find, search for the JB update for the new Moto RAZR lineup or the one for the S3. Like I said, it's a standard thing to do.

If we are to believe the latest news (and I do) the update nearly went live and was yanked at the last minute and yet half the time HTC doesn't even want to admit we're getting anything let alone announce an update ahead of time.

I think "standard thing to do" was thrown out the window a long time ago. How else did this thread get to be so impressive?

Even sprint says to just keep checking for an update on your phone instead of saying something like "we'll announce it before it's made available"

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

You know what really grinds my gear ? The GS3 Received Jelly bean before us , and now 4.2 for the Europe side . How could sprint get jelly bean on the GS3 before any USA carrier ,but not for their flagship EVO . Goes to show the GS3 is more important

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

You know what really grinds my gear ? The GS3 Received Jelly bean before us , and now 4.2 for the Europe side . How could sprint get jelly bean on the GS3 before any USA carrier ,but not for their flagship EVO . Goes to show the GS3 is more important

It was stated a while back that the U.S. HTC market is not a primary one, as HTC sales are still minimum as compared to euro markets.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site

Android 4.1 Update Frequently Asked Questions- HTC Support Center
Updates on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and Frequently Asked Questions

We're looking forward to providing our HTC One X and HTC One S customers with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) along with our latest version of HTC Sense. As with any software upgrade, we work closely with our carrier partners to ensure we deliver the best experience possible on our devices.

After internal testing, we test the software on live networks in order to confirm the experience matches our expectations, and carrier expectations, for performance, connectivity and platform stability. While testing takes time, we're working quickly with our carrier partners to rollout these updates. We'll provide information on availability once the software is ready for release.
When will additional devices receive Android 4.1?

In addition to the HTC One X and HTC One S, we are actively reviewing our product portfolio to identify candidates to receive Jelly Bean. Our goal is to prioritize review for devices launched in 2012 with our numerous carrier partners across multiple regions and then consider our ability to provide updates to products from 2011.
What is the overall timeline of Android 4.1 updates?

There are many aspects to the software development process that make it difficult for us to give specifics on upgrade timing. As a global company, we work with a number of carrier partners in various regions to ensure a great user experience with every upgrade. Each region and carrier partner has unique requirements that necessitate customized testing. Only after HTC and its partners have successfully completed the final testing will the software be released.
What devices will not get Android 4.1?

We work hard to ensure each of our products has the optimal user experience and therefore some products will remain at their current version of Android. In general, devices with 512MB RAM or less will not be upgraded to Android 4.1. At present, these devices include the HTC One V and the HTC Desire C. As we identify other devices that will not be upgraded, we'll provide updated information. (Italics mine)

It should be noted that upgrades are not the same thing as ongoing support. Devices not being upgraded to Android 4.1 will still get software improvements, security fixes, and technical support.

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sarge, what information do you have?

Just a guess so to say...or is it.......hehe

Dude anything is possible really I just feel dang confident it happens at absolute latest in Jan....but really b4 end yr...

Sprint and HTC are not dumb...

If I did know I couldn't say anyway tbh...sooner than later is my bet though

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

Well, have a look at this guy's new thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/232004-jb-delayed-until-feb-2013-a.html

This should cause a **** storm.

I seriously hope he's wrong on this.

To be honest, with most of the info swirling as saying JB will br comming soon. I've thought a Dec. 11 date is more reasonable. The last Sense update dropped for the EVO LTE 20 days after it was released for the ONE X. With the ONE X having gotten JB and Sense 4+ on Nov. 20, Dec. 11 seems more plausible.

When Dec. 11 comes and goes with still no JB update for the EVO, then I think we can take this claim more seriously and start worrying.

Kpobrien89

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I work for an authorized Sprint dealer as well as having the EVO 4G LTE. We haven't heard anything about it getting an update anytime soon.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing HTC north American market drops severely lower in the next 6 months. The fact that other cell phone makers go to a greater length to please their customers. Just saying :thumbdown::confused:

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing HTC north American market drops severely lower in the next 6 months. The fact that other cell phone makers go to a greater length to please their customers. Just saying :thumbdown::confused:

This. How can they be so carefree knowing their profits are way down. They should be busting their asses trying to get updates for every phone that can support it as quickly as possible.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I work for an authorized Sprint dealer as well as having the EVO 4G LTE. We haven't heard anything about it getting an update anytime soon.

No offense, but why would sprint need to tell an authorized retailer what their update plans are?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

This. How can they be so carefree knowing their profits are way down. They should be busting their asses trying to get updates for every phone that can support it as quickly as possible.

They are more worried about putting out new phones.

I would think sprint would also have a more vested interest in getting an update out soon. This doesn't exactly reflect well on them and along with HTC they could use all the help they can get

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

If they were capable of that, their profits wouldn't be down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams