Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

KyngMagnum

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I have "wasted" (her words...not mine) far too much time keeping up with this forum, but MAN I need some jellybean in my life! First post by the way. Hello World!

\m/

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm gonna go with, you know something we don't. You wouldn't want to tarnish that good reputation over on XDA, now would you?

Hehe... Believe I have the bet over there...don't hurt my pride if I lose one bit... All in good fun in the end...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Well, if it does come this Friday, we have quite a bit of work to get to 2000 posts.

As always, doing my part.

RedMouseBall

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't agree more!

This thread is absolutely stupid.
It is useless.
It is a waste of time.
It contains endless speculation, and unconfirmed statements.
It has been wrong more than right.
It has more drift than you can shake a stick at.

And I can't wait to read more of it....

^true that

mranbel

May 16, 2010
Visit site

excuse my ignorance but i am really intrigued by the thought of rooting my phone and using something like meanrom or cm10....barring no jelly bean in the next few whenever. My question is do these roms (mean and cm10) fix the lte connectivity issues...ie the lte antenna threshold or would they still be present. I would imagine the contacts issues would be fixed by flashing either rom.

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

excuse my ignorance but i am really intrigued by the thought of rooting my phone and using something like meanrom or cm10....barring no jelly bean in the next few whenever. My question is do these roms (mean and cm10) fix the lte connectivity issues...ie the lte antenna threshold or would they still be present. I would imagine the contacts issues would be fixed by flashing either rom.
The latest cm10 rom fixed everything for my. My 4glte is working better than ever and It is a completely different phone app so you definitely will not have the contacts problem

mineralgoogt

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Doesn't the camera quality become terrible when switching to CM10, because they don't use the camera processor in our phones, like sense does?

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I admit, I check this thread at least once a day. Can't believe it's up to 50 pages. 50 pages of speculation, rumors and hearsay. Looking forward to the next 50 pages.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

It's a sickness. I don't even have an EVO, but I keep checking this thread multiple times a day. Kinda like a train wreck. Can't... Look... Away...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Ditto,
Because of this thread, I went out
And flashed a JB rom on my og Evo. I must say Google now is fun.
Plus it got an update today with a
Couple more features.
If JB does come to the EVO 4G LTE?
I will probably get it.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Well today was a productive one on this thread! Phil made a cameo, Zmann is winking again, and sarge is grinning like a sadistic Cheshire cat!

Perhaps we should start a new thread that just summarizes THIS thread, one post per day!
--------
Posts today where different people asked Sprint the same question and got the same no-info answer: 6
Posts today where people asked HTC the same question and got the same no-info answer: 4
Posts today about how the friend of a neighbor of a co-worker's son heard a rumor: 2
Posts today of people threatening to leave HTC and/or Sprint forever if no update by XXXX: 1
Posts today about how we like to post to the thread or how wonderful or stupid the thread is: 10
"Prove it" posts: 2
Posts about rooting and/or ROM'ing so that we don't have to wait for an update: 3
Posts today that were totally off-topic: 8
"Me too": 16
Other misc: 21

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Doesn't the camera quality become terrible when switching to CM10, because they don't use the camera processor in our phones, like sense does?

Like a month ago it was horrible... I couldn't even use it to take pictures of like serial numbers and stuff for work because it would blur up real bad. But the latest one is great. I miss some of the editing tools from sense and the Multi shot but no big deal, still takes great pictures. Especially if you install the 4.2 nexus gapps. Then you get some pretty cool features from the most resent JB. My battery life has doubled and everything on it runs like butter.

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps we should start a new thread that just summarizes THIS thread, one post per day!
--------
Posts today where different people asked Sprint the same question and got the same no-info answer: 6
Posts today where people asked HTC the same question and got the same no-info answer: 4
Posts today about how the friend of a neighbor of a co-worker's son heard a rumor: 2
Posts today of people threatening to leave HTC and/or Sprint forever if no update by XXXX: 1
Posts today about how we like to post to the thread or how wonderful or stupid the thread is: 10
"Prove it" posts: 2
Posts about rooting and/or ROM'ing so that we don't have to wait for an update: 3
Posts today that were totally off-topic: 8
"Me too": 16
Other misc: 21

Which proves your not doing much with your time, but you did stay at a holiday inn last night! Lol

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

I check this thread daily... And though I'd really like some more solid news on what's happening with this update... I'm sort of starting to not care (guess I'd call that resignation lol). I'm getting more of a laugh seeing what everyone else posts LOL. It's sort of like one of those really odd books that you read and you don't know why you're reading it but you don't plan on putting it down anyway...

shock_n_awe07

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I check this thread daily... And though I'd really like some more solid news on what's happening with this update... I'm sort of starting to not care (guess I'd call that resignation lol). I'm getting more of a laugh seeing what everyone else posts LOL. It's sort of like one of those really odd books that you read and you don't know why you're reading it but you don't plan on putting it down an

Can't wait to try google now on my brand new EVO 4g LTE.
Oops I forgot HTC sux. Someone slap me if I ever buy another HTC.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

I don't even have this phone anymore and i'm still reading this thread. I will say I do miss the E4GLTE. What I don't miss is the 60.00 dollars a month i'm saving here on Tmo. ;)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I don't even have this phone anymore and i'm still reading this thread. I will say I do miss the E4GLTE. What I don't miss is the 60.00 dollars a month i'm saving here on Tmo. ;)

Strange, when I price compare my Sprint plan to Tmobile, it is about the same price. If you are saving $60/mo, then you must have been on some really strange Sprint plan or get rates way below what Tmobile gives to normal people...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I admit, I check this thread at least once a day. Can't believe it's up to 50 pages. 50 pages of speculation, rumors and hearsay. Looking forward to the next 50 pages.

In 3 months when an actual update comes hell say I told you so.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Strange, when I price compare my Sprint plan to Tmobile, it is about the same price. If you are saving $60/mo, then you must have been on some really strange Sprint plan or get rates way below what Tmobile gives to normal people...

Last time I checked T-Mobile was offering a $30/month plan with "unlimited" data and messaging and something like an hour or so of talk time. Damn good deal as long as they have good coverage in your area.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Last time I checked T-Mobile was offering a $30/month plan with "unlimited" data and messaging and something like an hour or so of talk time. Damn good deal as long as they have good coverage in your area.

How is an hour of talk time a good deal? I checked their site I don't see anything anywhere near $30

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie