Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

okay i get the whole soff son stuff....no one is answering my question about the new software. I can't root!!!

Here's a good discussion of the process: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...locked-bootloader-s-off-aosp-explanation.html

This thread has all kinds of links to various rooting-related subjects: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ot-recovery-rom-mod-links-updated-6-29-a.html

Edit: And if you don't see it mentioned elsewhere, for the love of god reset your Google Wallet before trying to root if you ever want to be able to use it again. If you've never set it up, then you have nothing to worry about.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Alright so I should be good to go as far as CM10 with S-ON? And also what about this whole rooting on 2.13? how?

Htcevohacks.com has instructions for rooting with 2.13. If you are using TWRP and trying to get CM10 with S-On, it will be stuck at the CM boot screen forever unless you download Flash GUI to flash the right kernel for HBoot 1.15+ with S-On

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I have nothing to add to the JB update, I just wanted to check in, that I'm still here for some reason.
Its kind of that fun feeling you get when you fall.. hitting the ground is never fun. but I feel the falling part is always great... kind of slow mo about it. I think we are falling and every time we get news we get farther away from the ground and every time we hit the date that it was suppose to happen we smash into the ground.. only till someone takes us up again with a new date, and we continue :) its madness!

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Htcevohacks.com has instructions for rooting with 2.13. If you are using TWRP and trying to get CM10 with S-On, it will be stuck at the CM boot screen forever unless you download Flash GUI to flash the right kernel for HBoot 1.15+ with S-On

I haven't messed with the whole son flash gui nonsense... It seems much more difficult then gaining soff and just flashing roms. I would just gain soff if it were me,

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

okay i get the whole soff son stuff....no one is answering my question about the new software. I can't root!!!

The root section over here is pretty sparse. Head over to XDA for the most up-to-date rooting information. I rooted months ago when the phone first came out, and I haven't been keeping up with all the latest developments on that front.

A couple of convenient links:
EVO 4G LTE section at XDA
Rooting for dummies guide at AF

Another post closer to 2k posts...

putertech

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Found that out the hard way ;-( but I'm back to stock :)

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, flash GUI is incredible easy. Have ROM downloaded on your phone. Load flash image GUI, hit browse and find your ROM. It located the boot.img and select flash kernel.

Then flash ROM in recovery after full wipe.

Sent from my EVO

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I still check these forums every now and then just because I was so wrapped in getting the contacts issue fixed. Sprint sent me a GSIII and I haven't been happier. I still hope HTC steps up their game and realize than updates and critical maintenance fixes are important to maintain their base.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Yeah tried it a couple times and it seems to work well not sure how to use it completely though.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I still check these forums every now and then just because I was so wrapped in getting the contacts issue fixed. Sprint sent me a GSIII and I haven't been happier. I still hope HTC steps up their game and realize than updates and critical maintenance fixes are important to maintain their base.
How did you get Sprint to send you an S3? My phone has been acting weirder and weirder. Today it randomly deleted all of my text messages. Fabulous.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

generally if they say "any day now" or whatever they have said repeatedly, then the update will be coming very very soon.

AustinTechie

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

For me personally, I couldn't get CM10 to boot all the way until I got S-OFF. Other ROMs I've heard will work without it, however.

Another thing to be mindful of is that some of the rooting/S-OFF applications require being run from a 32-bit operating system. I ran into this snag while I was trying to do it a few weeks ago.

Where is CM10 for the EVOLTE? I don't see it on their website?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

In response to finding CM10, Xda developers has it. I believe I got mines from the EVO LTE hacks section of AC though.