Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I also have to say that this phone is not dead and no one hear knows where the blame should go. We are not part of the "executive" meetings making decisions and deciding what should be done. The fact that we know about an update at all is not HTC or Sprint fault. We have people here who get inside information and pass it along then so many get upset when it doesn't happen fast enough for them. Now it is obvious that they know how bad the last update affected some of us and not others so instead of rushing this time they pulled the update back to make sure like they should have done for the first update. Now I agree the marketing for this phone was piss poor at best but again we don't know what is going on in the board room. At the time it looks like they chose to go by word of mouth and it could also have a lot to do with not having the money to market this phone correctly. They have hired a new marketing guy so it seems they have plans to do better. As most have come here and had some fun with some very clever and amusing posts to past the time knowing the update is coming and the amusing posts are so much more enjoyable to read then the ing and moaning about the same thing over and over about an update we technically shouldn't even know about.

Ice

2 separate issues here, jb update & maintenance update to fix some known and common issues.

On the jb side I mostly agree with you, but I think at this point htc could stand to go out on a limb and just say yes we are updating the evo to jb along with all of the one series phones. I'm looking forward to jb and I do think that a lot of what we've seen here is legit and we are very close to an update. I don't know why there is so much mystery surrounding everything with this phone.

But regardless of anything jb related it is ridiculous that we have seen absolutely nothing to fix any issues with this phone that started with the last update. I don't want to beat a dead horse but when people say they're totally happy with HTC blah blah blah it's unnerving when you are one of the people experiencing issues and not getting any help or acknowledgment.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

2 separate issues here, jb update & maintenance update to fix some known and common issues.

On the jb side I mostly agree with you, but I think at this point htc could stand to go out on a limb and just say yes we are updating the evo to jb along with all of the one series phones. I'm looking forward to jb and I do think that a lot of what we've seen here is legit and we are very close to an update. I don't know why there is so much mystery surrounding everything with this phone.

But regardless of anything jb related it is ridiculous that we have seen absolutely nothing to fix any issues with this phone that started with the last update. I don't want to beat a dead horse but when people say they're totally happy with HTC blah blah blah it's unnerving when you are one of the people experiencing issues and not getting any help or acknowledgment.

I'm not 100% happy with htc, but I was able to find work arounds for the contact info by using only google contacts (this may not work for everyone), and clearing out phone info to fix the dialer problems. Once LA gets LTE and we get JB, I think I will be fully satisfied thru 2014 jan (upgrade time). If we get 4.2 sometime in the Spring/summer period, even better.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not 100% happy with htc, but I was able to find work arounds for the contact info by using only google contacts (this may not work for everyone), and clearing out phone info to fix the dialer problems. Once LA gets LTE and we get JB, I think I will be fully satisfied thru 2014 jan (upgrade time). If we get 4.2 sometime in the Spring/summer period, even better.

My phone does all of the contact non sense with just google contacts, so unfortunately like you said it doesn't work for everyone.

If I had to guess I would say we get 4.2 at some point, and who knows maybe if 4.1 keeps getting delayed they may just move on and try to get 4.2 out a little earlier than other phones to make up for it. I have no idea if that would happen but here's to hoping.

I'm off to the store to see what my options are as far as a fix, new phone, different phone etc...

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

crown weighs heavy... "wait for jelly bean release or root to jelly bean"

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355014184406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355014184406.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 103

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

After reading thorough dozens of comments to this thread and how stressed out everyone is, I think we all need to just turn off our Evo's and have some stress-free hot sex. Think I'll go see what the wife is doing...

I don't have problems with my phone, and I'll need to keep my phone on to have sex! I hold it in the left hand and sometimes I'll use the kickstand, its like having a different partner!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure I found the fix to everyone's issues with the phone.

So I went to the store and my plan was to show them the lag and see what they would do for me. And low and behold all it took was walking into the store and magically no lag. So we'll see how long this lasts but right now enjoying a much much quicker evo.

Still thinking about rooting since I'm guessing HTC probably won't release anything until after the holidays

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure I found the fix to everyone's issues with the phone.

So I went to the store and my plan was to show them the lag and see what they would do for me. And low and behold all it took was walking into the store and magically no lag. So we'll see how long this lasts but right now enjoying a much much quicker evo.

Still thinking about rooting since I'm guessing HTC probably won't release anything until after the holidays

It always works like that. The stores are magic centers and eliminate all problems just by walking in. Lol jkjk
Gotta hate and love that at the same time. Haha

Looks like Jan sometime though now from what I've seen. But as we all know things can change at a moment's notice. Was supposed to roll this past week but there were issues again... If you check out Football over at xda you'll see he's had a few more OneX leaks than usual before the OTA is final for them as HTC is squashing a few things more than normal...I dunno the exact specifics of the delay but if I had to guess its something general with HTCs build as you can also notice that Telstra has there build pushed back a month already due to HTC delays...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

What are you looking at that indicates the release was supposed to occur this past week?

A document that hasn't been publicly put out obv....and obv for good reason seeing as how it didn't make the date. Lol

Sprint needs to be pushed to do what Telstra does though and informing ppl of OTA status weekly and where they stand. Everyone should go look at that site its amazing the info they put on it for all devices getting a major update... They track when its late from HTC and when its an issue they found in their testing so they are waiting for another build...

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

A document that hasn't been publicly put out obv....and obv for good reason seeing as how it didn't make the date. Lol

Sprint needs to be pushed to do what Telstra does though and informing ppl of OTA status weekly and where they stand. Everyone should go look at that site its amazing the info they put on it for all devices getting a major update... They track when its late from HTC and when its an issue they found in their testing so they are waiting for another build...

That's cool and all, but why aren't you able to post this "document"? Instead of playing games with everyone it would be nice if you could share said information. Not trying to ruffle any feathers; i'ts just frustrating when people claim to know something, but do not back it up with proof. I could claim it's coming out tomorrow without any proof. Just sayin...

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's cool and all, but why aren't you able to post this "document"? Instead of playing games with everyone it would be nice if you could share said information. Not trying to ruffle any feathers; i'ts just frustrating when people claim to know something, but do not back it up with proof. I could claim it's coming out tomorrow without any proof. Just sayin...

You could, and are more welcome to do such if you want to.

I for one do not play lil child games like that and such as its a waste of time. No point in lie'n as there is nothing to gain for me in the end if I were...

And I can't post said doc bc obviously it isn't supposed to be posted... Gotta respect that.

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Haha we shall see in the end...

Maybe I know somin..... And maybe Ima troll... Hehe

Don't play childish games huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha we shall see in the end...

Maybe I know somin..... And maybe Ima troll... Hehe

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Diff in joking around after the fact and childish games... I admit when doesn't go as I was shown. Have no problem being wrong. But I also have no need to justify proving my own validity here...

Wonder on over to xda and ask most there... I don't lie or make up fairy tales bud.

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

No worries man. I'm just messing around. Broke my foot a couple days ago and am getting bored just sitting around lol.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

since this is the hottest thread in the evo lte forum, i'm going to post my problem here.

lately, i have been getting the same text message from people multiple times. for example, today, i got the same text about 4 or 5 times within like 2 minutes. i have restarted my phone and asked my friend to restart their phone. even after the phone restarted, i got the same text again multiple times. anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how i can fix it?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
since this is the hottest thread in the evo lte forum, i'm going to post my problem here.

lately, i have been getting the same text message from people multiple times. for example, today, i got the same text about 4 or 5 times within like 2 minutes. i have restarted my phone and asked my friend to restart their phone. even after the phone restarted, i got the same text again multiple times. anyone know what is causing this problem and/or how i can fix it?

I have that on occasion, too. But, i also had that issue with my EVO Shift which makes me think it's more of a carrier issue than a device issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie