Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Soon

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Ehh I'm still skeptical. What makes any of us think that guy is anymore credible than some of the in the loop people on our forum. :sly:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Soon

soon_honey_beer_bottle.jpg

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

debarron

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Ehh I'm still skeptical. What makes any of us think that guy is anymore credible than some of the in the loop people on our forum. :sly:

Umm because it's Football. He's the one that always gets the leaks and official RUUs. If you look on xda you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Umm because it's Football. He's the one that always gets the leaks and official RUUs. If you look on xda you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Unless there's a date attached I don't see what all the fuss is about. We've already got plenty of reports of the update and this doesn't appear to be anything more official or concrete.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

Still no timeframe as to when it will be released but it called the evo the bottom of the chain that didn't sound good .

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I have no doubt in my mind that it's coming, but now they're saying "in the next few months." And anyone that has had HTC phones before know what "in the next few months" mean. It means we'll see the next EVO before this update is released. This is just sickening to my stomach. It should not take this long, especially when they've had the update for months now. Meanwhile, they're releasing new phones all over the place, STILL, after saying they weren't going to be doing that anymore.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Still no timeframe as to when it will be released but it called the evo the bottom of the chain that didn't sound good .

Of course it's the bottom of the chain now. It's 6 months old. HTC's released like 5 phones since then. The specs sure aren't bottom of the chain, but they don't care about us now.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

It's newer than the one x and u don't hear them putting it at the bottom .

Well of course not. The One X is their baby. That was supposed to be their, no pun intended, 1 power house phone. It was supposed to be like the Nexus for HTC, that got updates in a timely manner and what not. They said they weren't continuing the Quantity vs Quality trend, but they still haven't showed us. All they've done is stepped up the build quality of the phones. Getting an update from HTC is like trying to win the lottery.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

If this makes you sick to your stomach you must not be an adventurous eater.

Oh, you have no idea. I eat EVERYTHING. Oddly enough, I never liked the taste of Jelly Beans.

The point is, why am I spending $200 a year on a new phone to get nothing new from it? I might as well get an iPhone and hold onto it for 5 years.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I for one spend $200 on a phone every two years. While I am disappointed myself, I think you spend the money on a new phone for a lot more than just the hopeful updates. I was ready to throw my phone out of the window when the contacts were going crazy, but I got a replacement that doesn't seem to have the affliction. Now it's a much easier wait.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Pretty sure I found the fix to everyone's issues with the phone.

So I went to the store and my plan was to show them the lag and see what they would do for me. And low and behold all it took was walking into the store and magically no lag. So we'll see how long this lasts but right now enjoying a much much quicker evo.

Still thinking about rooting since I'm guessing HTC probably won't release anything until after the holidays

Well that was short lived and back to lag city here

Since it looks like we'll see an update in January at the earliest I think I'll spend the week researching and reading, then the next good opportunity I get I'll take the plunge and go with CM10

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Oh, you have no idea. I eat EVERYTHING. Oddly enough, I never liked the taste of Jelly Beans.

The point is, why am I spending $200 a year on a new phone to get nothing new from it? I might as well get an iPhone and hold onto it for 5 years.

I'm a very picky eater but I love me some jelly beans (especially the starburst ones). Had to lay off them to get back into shape though

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

It's got to be coming soon. I was on PlayStation website and they have it listed to be PlayStation certified and in the fine print says to update to 4.1. So gotta be soon. Check the link.
PlayStation?Mobile

Here is the article I fount the info at:

HTC gets One X+, two other smartphones Playstation certified

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 95

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

It's got to be coming soon. I was on PlayStation website and they have it listed to be PlayStation certified and in the fine print says to update to 4.1. So gotta be soon. Sheck the link.
http://playstation.com/psm/certified.html

That's as official as we'll get. Thanks Sony! I forgot to ask sony mobile when i was at e3

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site