Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

They won't even comment even after the update is live. They probably won't even know it's live until a customer tells them.

But they will still start the troubleshooting process by telling you to remove your battery

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I sent this to HTC customer service this morning via their website:
I bought an EVO 4G LTE a month ago with the expectation that HTC would support this current model phone with the Android Jelly Bean update. Jelly Bean was released five months ago, and as far as I know, there's been no official word from HTC about bringing this very desireable update to the EVO 4G LTE. I am very disappointed with HTC's lack of commitment and communication on this. What is the status on this update for the EVO 4G LTE?

They sent this back a few minutes ago:
Thank you for contacting us. We understand how important it is to update your HTC Evo 4G LTE.

We know HTC fans are excited to get their hands on Google?s latest version of Android. At this point in time, we can confirm that we have plans to upgrade our HTC One X, HTC One XL and HTC One S to Jelly Bean. Please stay tuned for more updates regarding device upgrades, timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean.

If you need further assistance please reply this message. As always it was my pleasure to assist you.

Have a nice day!

I'm not feeling the love man. :-\

Man, this thread is turning me into quite the seasoned drinker!

EVERYBODY DRINK!!

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

My concern is that HTC is not supporting this phone like they to some of the other phones are supported. Its a tough decision, but I may be exchanging my EVO for a GSIII. My concern wih the Samsung GSIII is the reliability issues that I had with my Samsung Epic. I am going to give it a few more days. I dont have any major issues with my EVO LTE but I don't want it to be a device that HTC isnt supporting for updates.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

My concern is that HTC is not supporting this phone like they to some of the other phones are supported. Its a tough decision, but I may be exchanging my EVO for a GSIII. My concern wih the Samsung GSIII is the reliability issues that I had with my Samsung Epic. I am going to give it a few more days. I dont have any major issues with my EVO LTE but I don't want it to be a device that HTC isnt supporting for updates.
Your post was by far the worst yet. So what you are saying, since your phone works fine today, you want to trade it in for another model before it breaks? Is that your idea of preventative maintenance? Wow dude, that's profound. Just wait for the update & spare yourselff the trouble of reinstalling all your apps, contacts & rearranging your screens.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Your post was by far the worst yet. So what you are saying, since your phone works fine today, you want to trade it in for another model before it breaks? Is that your idea ofpreventativeemaintenancee? Wow dude, that's profound. Just wait for the update & spare yourselff the trouble of reinstalling all your apps, contacts & rearranging your screens.

I'm sure that's the last of his worries if he's considering going to Samsung at this point. If I was making that decision, I wouldn't care about all that. Especially considering that I haven't even really changed my phone much from stock.

bdbloch

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you...I would love an update soon though. Love my EVO, but it is getting a little buggy. Plus I just got my wife the GS3 preloaded with JB, ugh.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Hey does anyone know anything abt "Google checkin code" I called in to HTC stating that Iwast
trying to update my phone to jb because "Sony" said I had to for the psm application. The guy told me to enter "#*#*# checkin #*#*#. Anyone know what he was talking abt and if I entered it in wrong?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey does anyone know anything abt "Google checkin code" I called in to HTC stating that Iwast
trying to update my phone to jb because "Sony" said I had to for the psm application. The guy told me to enter "#*#*# checkin #*#*#. Anyone know what he was talking abt and if I entered it in wrong?

Yeah. It's wrong. You have to enter "#*#*givememybeans*#*#"

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I tried that last week (feels like years) ago and it hasn't done anything. I would assume as such b/c there is no update currently anyways.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Can someone please explain to me how this confirms we're getting jelly bean? I mean, I think we are, I just don't understand how this screen does anything besides confirm we aren't running jelly bean.

Why would Sony support a phone never getting jb

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

So I just called HTC and sprint and they were both finally consistent in saying that right now all of you have to DRINK!!!

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Got it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355181129824.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355181129824.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 83

Quan0871

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I do. I love the stock browser, but for some reason, it force closes on certain websites. I use Chrome for those sites, and I love it. It has less features than the stock browser and doesn't look as good, but it doesn't force close. I called HTC and they couldn't fix the issue. They said it would be fixed with the next update which hasn't come yet as we all know.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Why would Sony support a phone never getting jb

Seems like if you can't use the program on your phone, your phone isn't supported.

EDIT: never mind, I read the blog posted from the first person that posted it. I see now. Well that's a good sign.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Seems like if you can't use the program on your phone, your phone isn't supported.

EDIT: never mind, I read the blog posted from the first person that posted it. I see now. Well that's a good sign.

No date. But more official than anything from htc so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo