Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

It was a great phone, it's so sad that Palm couldn't save themselves.
Agree.... Loved mine, loved how easy it was to use and customize....Thank God Google hired Matias away from Palm/Hp so he can at least bring elements of Web OS to Android like swipe to delete email in new gmail app and the notifications in Jelly Bean...can't wait for more...

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I just hung up on a call on my phone...and a screen popped up....it says

Service Update

The network is updating your services....

- - - Updated - - -

Now it says

Service Update

The update is complete and changes will now be applied.

OK

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I just hung up on a call on my phone...and a screen popped up....it says

Service Update

The network is updating your services....

- - - Updated - - -

Now it says

Service Update

The update is complete and changes will now be applied.

OK

I think that's a profile (PRI) update.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

The problem of receiving the same text messages multiple times is a Sprint issue.

It's not due to your friend using iPhone and it's not due to you using Go SMS.

Two possible causes are - a problem with the cell tower that Sprint is using to connect to your phone, or a problem with the Airave system (not necessarily your Airave, but the whole or regional system - if you have Airave).

I tested and investigated this issue with Sprint a week ago. I received multiple messages from another Sprint user, and when I sent text messages to myself. Same thing happened with GO SMS installed and after it was uninstalled. Same thing happened with 2 different Airaves and with no Airave at all.

Documented here, where my user name is koam:

Sprint Community: Multiple duplicate text messages
Sprint Community: Issues with the Sprint Airave

While the problem has subsided, It happened once again yesterday. I haven't kept testing by sending myself texts.

This problem continues without change of symptoms

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

Probably the most reliable source yet...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

All of you people who are complaining about delays need to stop and think what would have happened if they would have taken their time on the custom ring tone fix: none of us would have the contact lag!!

I'm all for delaying to get things right, but some kind of information would be very much appreciated.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

All of you people who are complaining about delays need to stop and think what would have happened if they would have taken their time on the custom ring tone fix: none of us would have the contact lag!!

I'm all for delaying to get things right, but some kind of information would be very much appreciated.

I don't have any of those issues. I just want Jelly Bean. And I think 6 months is much longer of a wait than what we should really have.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

My "refurbed phone" is back from the best buy service center in a little shy of 24 hours. Not too shabby on the turn around time, have to pick it up on the way home and make sure everything looks good. Now I really need to get cracking on cm10. I've been watching too many videos and getting all excited

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

My "refurbed phone" is back from the best buy service center in a little shy of 24 hours. Not too shabby on the turn around time, have to pick it up on the way home and make sure everything looks good. Now I really need to get cracking on cm10. I've been watching too many videos and getting all excited

I take too many pictures to switch to cm10. I have to have burst mode cause my kids are always doing cute stuff but they tend not to do it for long. I also have kittens so I can invite over every busty woman I meet for kittens and cleavage shots for my website with the same name that is my only source of income. It's just too hard to take the pics with a DSLR.

cckorn 16

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I take too many pictures to switch to cm10. I have to have burst mode cause my kids are always doing cute stuff but they tend not to do it for long. I also have kittens so I can invite over every busty woman I meet for kittens and cleavage shots for my website with the same name that is my only source of income. It's just too hard to take the pics with a DSLR.

Shameless plug

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I don't have any of those issues. I just want Jelly Bean. And I think 6 months is much longer of a wait than what we should really have.

This is my issue with all of this: "It's new, I paid a fortune for my phone, and I'm entitled to get the newest !"
----
If you're on Sprint, and bought the phone on contract, you didn't pay nearly what the phone is worth. I, for one, don't have a lot of the issues that people are mentioning here - and, honestly, I feel that the vast majority of Sprint users don't, either. If the majority were having these issues then things would happen much more quickly. Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting the people that ARE having issues. What I am saying is that Sprint/HTC aren't going to risk pissing off considerably more people by rushing an update - if they get it majorly wrong they go out of business.

I personally like Sprint. I don't have a stellar credit history and Sprint made it much easier for me to have an excellent phone with far fewer hassles/cash than a lot of the other major players. I, very much, appreciate that. I also appreciate the fact that they are in a bit of turmoil given NV and their new partnership. I tend to believe that they will be a VERY strong player when all of this expansion/investing is complete.

I also love the LTEvo build. It's an excellent phone. When I bought it I actually took the time to research when/if I'd be covered by LTE, etc. I know it's several months away, at least.. but it IS coming. If you bought the phone from a used car salesman telling you that it'd kiss you ass and knit your socks then shame on you. We have this wonderful thing called the internet that allows us to look up info, specs, etc., regarding the things that we want to purchase - if we aren't diligent enough to take the time to look up the data to make an informed purchase then it's "shame on us."

Guys/Gals, it IS coming. You should be happy that they're taking the time to make sure it is as bug free as possible before it gets to us. Sprint helped me out, a lot, during a hard time in my life. I'm more than willing to allow them the time/resources they need to continue their service at their current price point - very few, if any, US competitors can match it. Yeah... things are a tad spotty at the moment, but if you watch the maps it IS definitely improving. And, personally, I trust ATT and Verizon about as far as I can throw a 5 gallon can of mercury.

If flash, hype, and status is all that you buy a phone for then feel free to go elsewhere and get other phones/providers. Me, personally, I want a sturdy phone that does what I want with the fewest issues at the least cost- Sprint and the LTEvo have given me that.

And yes, I check for updates several times a day... but I'm not going to get rid of my phone, or provider, just because I'm not one of the first "Beaners." (nothing racially or culturally implied.)

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Anybody use an exchange account with cm10? Kind of a big one for me and forgot to add it to my list earlier

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

For the record, if there is such a website I have nothing to do with it. However I do have kittens and children and burst is crucial for getting good pictures of them.

But now you find yourself thinking that the website (or at least saying you work for the website) doesn't sound like a half bad idea.....

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

This is my issue with all of this: "It's new, I paid a fortune for my phone, and I'm entitled to get the newest !"
----
If you're on Sprint, and bought the phone on contract, you didn't pay nearly what the phone is worth. I, for one, don't have a lot of the issues that people are mentioning here - and, honestly, I feel that the vast majority of Sprint users don't, either. If the majority were having these issues then things would happen much more quickly. Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting the people that ARE having issues. What I am saying is that Sprint/HTC aren't going to risk pissing off considerably more people by rushing an update - if they get it majorly wrong they go out of business.

I personally like Sprint. I don't have a stellar credit history and Sprint made it much easier for me to have an excellent phone with far fewer hassles/cash than a lot of the other major players. I, very much, appreciate that. I also appreciate the fact that they are in a bit of turmoil given NV and their new partnership. I tend to believe that they will be a VERY strong player when all of this expansion/investing is complete.

I also love the LTEvo build. It's an excellent phone. When I bought it I actually took the time to research when/if I'd be covered by LTE, etc. I know it's several months away, at least.. but it IS coming. If you bought the phone from a used car salesman telling you that it'd kiss you ass and knit your socks then shame on you. We have this wonderful thing called the internet that allows us to look up info, specs, etc., regarding the things that we want to purchase - if we aren't diligent enough to take the time to look up the data to make an informed purchase then it's "shame on us."

Guys/Gals, it IS coming. You should be happy that they're taking the time to make sure it is as bug free as possible before it gets to us. Sprint helped me out, a lot, during a hard time in my life. I'm more than willing to allow them the time/resources they need to continue their service at their current price point - very few, if any, US competitors can match it. Yeah... things are a tad spotty at the moment, but if you watch the maps it IS definitely improving. And, personally, I trust ATT and Verizon about as far as I can throw a 5 gallon can of mercury.

If flash, hype, and status is all that you buy a phone for then feel free to go elsewhere and get other phones/providers. Me, personally, I want a sturdy phone that does what I want with the fewest issues at the least cost- Sprint and the LTEvo have given me that.

And yes, I check for updates several times a day... but I'm not going to get rid of my phone, or provider, just because I'm not one of the first "Beaners." (nothing racially or culturally implied.)

How is it that they can use the excuse that there are issues with the update if they're releasing it now on new phones and on the One X? The true fact is that, yes, they have our money for our phones. They don't have to release anything to us. Look at what they did with the EVO 3D. It took over a YEAR to get the updated software. But a couple months before they actually released it to our phones they had it on the GSM version and the Virgin Mobile version came out with the update. There was nothing that could've been wrong with it. The problem is either they're dragging their feet on releasing it, or they have a problem with it and they don't have the manpower to fix it quick enough. With the new program that Google implemented where manufacturers are getting the update 2-3 months before it's official announcement, they'll still take 6-12 months to release an update. HTC said they would focus on quality over quantity going forward, and I've yet to see that happen. All they know is that they have Sense, which is highly desirable, and great build quality phones. They could sell these phones knowing people want just that and not updates. The fact that they don't openly say what's causing these problems, or why it's taking so long is more than enough to determine they're not in a hurry to help the end-user get the update.