Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

January 3rd is the new date. Without going into too many specifics, I captured several cane toads and boiled them for a few hours. Then I drained the water and let it evaporate in the sun. Finally I vaporized the residue and inhaled deeply. I subsequently conversed with Peter Chou, Dan Hesse, and a guy claiming to be Jesus. They all told me January 3rd

Typed with Swiftkey flow beta

Picture of toad or it didn't happen.:eek:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Destroyed my phone and came out on top!

This morning I was driving and I looked over and the woman in the car next to me was texting while driving. There's nothing in the world that makes me as mad as people texting and driving so I rolled my window down to throw something at her. She took a Nolan Ryan heater to the window, but I was so drunk that I had accidentally thrown my phone at her instead of the beer bottle next to it. So next thing I know I'm slamming on the breaks so I can go back and get it. I stopped my car and ran out on the freeway looking for it and this car comes hurtling towards me. It swerved at the last minute and scraped along the guard rail for a while before finally coming to a stop. This guy comes running out with his hand on his holster screaming at me and threatening me with all sorts of stuff. Finally I find my phone and hold it up and start explaining what happened. He started to calm down a bit, and to make things right I let him finish off the joint I'd been working on. He took a few to the face and gave me a grin and headed back to his car. Definitely the nicest cop I've ever met. So I finally get my kids dropped off at preschool and head to the sprint store to get a new phone. I walk up to the tech counter.

Me: my phone stopped working this morning
Tech: have you tried taking out the battery for 15 se....
Me: Gggrahhhhh!!!!!!

I lunged at him like a blitzing Lawrence Taylor but tripped and fell on a power cord draped across the floor. I smacked my head on the corner of a display cabinet and started gushing blood all over. The tech is just staring at me doing something between laughing to death and offering to help. In my shame and humiliation I start threatening the guy.

Me: I'm gonna sue you guys for everything you have.
Tech: Our legal department handles all litigation, but I can give you their num...
Me: GRRAHHHRRRGGGGG!!!

I think between the blood, the look on my face, and the now uncomfortable customers, the guy finally decided to negotiate. Next thing I know dude is ordering me a Galaxy Note 2 to replace my busted EVO LTE.

But I'm just gonna sell the note and buy another EVO. The phone rocks. HAHA Suckas!!!

Here's a shot of my splash screen. It saves me every time I take my phone in after bricking it.

splash1.jpg

Attachments

• splash1.jpg
    splash1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 93

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone used any newer sense based roms? Are there any that utilize Google Now. I flashed viper rom and mean rom back in September and really didn't think either was too much better than stock Sense. Wondering if maybe that had changed at all.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

This morning I was driving and I looked over and the woman in the car next to me was texting while driving. There's nothing in the world that makes me as mad as people texting and driving so I rolled my window down to throw something at her. She took a Nolan Ryan heater to the window, but I was so drunk that I had accidentally thrown my phone at her instead of the beer bottle next to it. So next thing I know I'm slamming on the breaks so I can go back and get it. I stopped my car and ran out on the freeway looking for it and this car comes hurtling towards me. It swerved at the last minute and scraped along the guard rail for a while before finally coming to a stop. This guy comes running out with his hand on his holster screaming at me and threatening me with all sorts of stuff. Finally I find my phone and hold it up and start explaining what happened. He started to calm down a bit, and to make things right I let him finish off the joint I'd been working on. He took a few to the face and gave me a grin and headed back to his car. Definitely the nicest cop I've ever met. So I finally get my kids dropped off at preschool and head to the sprint store to get a new phone. I walk up to the tech counter.

I lunged at him like a blitzing Lawrence Taylor but tripped and fell on a power cord draped across the floor. I smacked my head on the corner of a display cabinet and started gushing blood all over. The tech is just staring at me doing something between laughing to death and offering to help. In my shame and humiliation I start threatening the guy.

Tech: Our legal department handles all litigation, but I can give you their num...

I think between the blood, the look on my face, and the now uncomfortable customers, the guy finally decided to negotiate. Next thing I know dude is ordering me a Galaxy Note 2 to replace my busted EVO LTE.

But I'm just gonna sell the note and buy another EVO. The phone rocks. HAHA Suckas!!!

Here's a shot of my splash screen. It saves me every time I take my phone in after bricking it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fouadhwnqzm1sv/splash1.jpg

That has to be one of the most epic posts I've ever read. It had me in tears. Thank you for the laugh.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Well what do you know.....the GNote2 is already getting an update.....to 4.1.2.

Sad, sad, sad!!!!

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone used any newer sense based roms? Are there any that utilize Google Now. I flashed viper rom and mean rom back in September and really didn't think either was too much better than stock Sense. Wondering if maybe that had changed at all.

I don't always run a Sense ROM. But when I do, I prefer Mean ROM.

It's got Google Now baked in. He's got it overclocked to 1.7 GHz by default, and has made a lot of smoothness and memory management tweaks. It runs very smooth - not quite JB smooth, but very close.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

You are right, we are paying a lot MORE than what the phone is worth, built into the monthly fees for two years. I would much rather have the option to buy any phone I want, at full but market-discounted rates, and pay much less for service and with no contracts. I really, really would love the option to buy any phone I want and use that phone on any carrier I want... but I know that is REALLY asking too much (at least in the USA).

While this may be true to an extent, it can't really be counted for because even if you buy your phone outright, you still pay the same amount of money for your bill.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

What are the issues with your phone?

This is my issue with all of this: "It's new, I paid a fortune for my phone, and I'm entitled to get the newest !"
----
If you're on Sprint, and bought the phone on contract, you didn't pay nearly what the phone is worth. I, for one, don't have a lot of the issues that people are mentioning here - and, honestly, I feel that the vast majority of Sprint users don't, either. If the majority were having these issues then things would happen much more quickly. Don't get me wrong - I'm not discounting the people that ARE having issues. What I am saying is that Sprint/HTC aren't going to risk pissing off considerably more people by rushing an update - if they get it majorly wrong they go out of business.

I personally like Sprint. I don't have a stellar credit history and Sprint made it much easier for me to have an excellent phone with far fewer hassles/cash than a lot of the other major players. I, very much, appreciate that. I also appreciate the fact that they are in a bit of turmoil given NV and their new partnership. I tend to believe that they will be a VERY strong player when all of this expansion/investing is complete.

I also love the LTEvo build. It's an excellent phone. When I bought it I actually took the time to research when/if I'd be covered by LTE, etc. I know it's several months away, at least.. but it IS coming. If you bought the phone from a used car salesman telling you that it'd kiss you ass and knit your socks then shame on you. We have this wonderful thing called the internet that allows us to look up info, specs, etc., regarding the things that we want to purchase - if we aren't diligent enough to take the time to look up the data to make an informed purchase then it's "shame on us."

Guys/Gals, it IS coming. You should be happy that they're taking the time to make sure it is as bug free as possible before it gets to us. Sprint helped me out, a lot, during a hard time in my life. I'm more than willing to allow them the time/resources they need to continue their service at their current price point - very few, if any, US competitors can match it. Yeah... things are a tad spotty at the moment, but if you watch the maps it IS definitely improving. And, personally, I trust ATT and Verizon about as far as I can throw a 5 gallon can of mercury.

If flash, hype, and status is all that you buy a phone for then feel free to go elsewhere and get other phones/providers. Me, personally, I want a sturdy phone that does what I want with the fewest issues at the least cost- Sprint and the LTEvo have given me that.

And yes, I check for updates several times a day... but I'm not going to get rid of my phone, or provider, just because I'm not one of the first "Beaners." (nothing racially or culturally implied.)

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not in the best mood at the moment...

So one minute you have no idea what the issues are that have plagued many of us for months now, and then the next you'r writing an essay on why HTC is so great and I shouldn't be mad? Are you f'ing kidding me? Have a clue about what you are talking about before you give a lecture and act all high and mighty.

I'm done with you and moving on to everyone else here who doesn't have issues with their phone...

If I read one more "I don't have issues with my phone but you guys really should cut HTC some slack, they're making sure the next update works better...." post I'm going to gag. If you haven't been living with these issues for months now don't tell me how I feel, how I should feel, or pretend you can relate. If I could go back and break your phone too I would, then we'd see if you are still so gushy about HTC's lack of concern for fixing things

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not in the best mood at the moment...

So one minute you have no idea what the issues are that have plagued many of us for months now, and then the next you'r writing an essay on why HTC is so great and I shouldn't be mad? Are you f'ing kidding me? Have a clue about what you are talking about before you give a lecture and act all high and mighty.

I'm done with you and moving on to everyone else here who doesn't have issues with their phone...

If I read one more "I don't have issues with my phone but you guys really should cut HTC some slack, they're making sure the next update works better...." post I'm going to gag. If you haven't been living with these issues for months now don't tell me how I feel, how I should feel, or pretend you can relate. If I could go back and break your phone too I would, then we'd see if you are still so gushy about HTC's lack of concern for fixing things

I understand you hate these problems, but if you're going to complain THIS MUCH then DO SOMETHING about it. Take it in to Sprint to get it fixed. Trade it in for a different Evo. And if that one has the problem, then change your app configuration. That's probably the cause of your problems. And heaven forbid I mention this, but if all else fails then root it and be done with it. Take all your energy from complaining and be proactive. I don't mean just you. I mean everyone else that's being a little p**** about the whole situation also. Grow a pair and stop blaming HTC. If it was their fault, then we would ALL have this problem. So get over yourself and do something about it. Half of this thread is people complaining.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fouadhwnqzm1sv/splash1.jpg

Pics, or it didn't happen...

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

My "refurbed phone" is back from the best buy service center in a little shy of 24 hours. Not too shabby on the turn around time, have to pick it up on the way home and make sure everything looks good. Now I really need to get cracking on cm10. I've been watching too many videos and getting all excited

Long story short, I'm sitting at home now with no working phone. Took the loner (which wasn't an evo and worked) back to get my new evo. D@mn thing keeps switching from 3g to 4g to roaming to no signal... and everything seems to work except making or receiving calls and messaging (minor things). They told me it may take 2-3 hours for it to connect up with sprint again and take off...still waiting....and what a coincidence that 2-3 hours from when they tell me that they're closed. Missed some things tonight dealing with this and not having a phone to contact people and not in a very good mood now. How many nights do I have to lose and non working evos do I have to go through before they just give me a sammy that works because right now I would take it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I understand you hate these problems, but if you're going to complain THIS MUCH then DO SOMETHING about it. Take it in to Sprint to get it fixed. Trade it in for a different Evo. And if that one has the problem, then change your app configuration. That's probably the cause of your problems. And heaven forbid I mention this, but if all else fails then root it and be done with it. Take all your energy from complaining and be proactive. I don't mean just you. I mean everyone else that's being a little p**** about the whole situation also. Grow a pair and stop blaming HTC. If it was their fault, then we would ALL have this problem. So get over yourself and do something about it. Half of this thread is people complaining.

For 1 see my post below on my crap of an evo replacement. And 2 this is not my fault, I'm not an idiot, I didn't f my phone up, this happened with the HTC update so don't tell me otherwise. Half this thread is complaining because we are all livid right now with HTC. As previously stated I went out on launch day, bought a working phone that I was happy with and then after it was too late for me to switch HTC jacked it up. I do plan on rooting but to do that I need an evo that can actually get on the network and I don't have that right now. But rooting is not a fix and should not be a requirement just to have a working basic phone. And the "grow a pair and stop blaming htc...we would all have this problem", that's crap

This thread is all complaining because we are the ones who actually care about the update

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

While this may be true to an extent, it can't really be counted for because even if you buy your phone outright, you still pay the same amount of money for your bill.

So true. The current setup is tremendously unfair. Looks like only T-Mobile is taking a stab at changing it. (No, "prepaid" vendors don't count... none of them have roaming, making them unacceptable for many people).

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

My biggest fear? The update (or Jelly Bean) is going to come out and I will miss it because I'm addicted to this thread. :p

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

For 1 see my post below on my crap of an evo replacement. And 2 this is not my fault, I'm not an idiot, I didn't f my phone up, this happened with the HTC update so don't tell me otherwise. Half this thread is complaining because we are all livid right now with HTC. As previously stated I went out on launch day, bought a working phone that I was happy with and then after it was too late for me to switch HTC jacked it up. I do plan on rooting but to do that I need an evo that can actually get on the network and I don't have that right now. But rooting is not a fix and should not be a requirement just to have a working basic phone. And the "grow a pair and stop blaming htc...we would all have this problem", that's crap

This thread is all complaining because we are the ones who actually care about the update

Nobody said it was your fault that your phone had problems, simply that it's not unlikely that these issues have something to do with app usage. While it is the update that triggered a lot of the reported problems, there's likely more to it than that since not everybody is expiriencing them. Rooting and ROMs should not be necessary for a good experience, but they have been successful at fixing the problems. It's a tool at your disposal. Lastly, the people complaining aren't the only ones who really care about this update. As a user (and general non-complainer) of an EvoLTE with no problems, I care very much about the update. Maybe not for the same reasons as you do, but still doing it. May I suggest a more productive use of your time than complaining on here? I'm not saying you have to stop, just suggesting that you channel it in the direction of Sprint and HTC.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

May I suggest a more productive use of your time than complaining on here? I'm not saying you have to stop, just suggesting that you channel it in the direction of Sprint and HTC.

I'm going to let best buy have it tomorrow if my phone isn't working by then. And I plan on running cm10 very soon and I'm excited about it.

But what got me started is someone who doesn't even know what's going on with the phone chiming in on page 70 whatever on the thread and telling people to take it easy on sprint and htc. Do your homework before you assume you know what's going on and write an essay on it. It's insulting to people who have been around since day 1 and dealing with this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2