Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

You KNOW you'll just toss and turn if you try to sleep now. Constantly looking over at your night stand and trying to resist the temptation that is ... "HTC Software Update!"

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

"hi" was appropriate, this guy hits every thread that has a 1st person to xx, and he hits every time, i Fricken cracked up when i saw "hi", i knew who it was!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Every? This is the only other thread I've done this in :confused:

But glad I've made a name for myself on here somehow. ;)

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

You KNOW you'll just toss and turn if you try to sleep now. Constantly looking over at your night stand and trying to resist the temptation that is ... "HTC Software Update!"

I'll be watching my loner phone waiting for the phone call from best buy!

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Every? This is the only other thread I've done this in :confused:

But glad I've made a name for myself on here somehow. ;)

No, i forgot which one it was, but every one was racing for post 500 and you popped in and snaked it! Think back

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

No, i forgot which one it was, but every one was racing for post 500 and you popped in and snaked it! Think back

That would be the Random Social Chit-Chat thread. :) I think I even managed to hit 1k as well ;)

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Well, if this is his only thread, he didn't get #500 here.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if they are having this same conversation in the optimus g threads. I find it even worse that for as late as it came out it was even released with ICS. At least it sorta makes sense for the evo.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if they are having this same conversation in the optimus g threads. I find it even worse that for as late as it came out it was even released with ICS. At least it sorta makes sense for the evo.

Optimus G is was faster than the EVO, and has no multitasking problems. quadcore/2gb ram. I don't think they are sweating it yet.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Optimus G is was faster than the EVO, and has no multitasking problems. quadcore/2gb ram. I don't think they are sweating it yet.

Number of cores over 2 is pretty much irrelevant in real-world performance on a phone (even 2 is a waste much of the time). It is even a waste on many bigger systems too, depending on the user and apps. And the Evo LTE is no certainly no slouch with the S4 chip. Most people aren't playing hugely complex FPS on a phone or trying to transcode video or trying to fold proteins in a complex scientific simulation.

However, the amount of memory (which is RAM) can make a big difference when it comes to the way an Android device can delay swapping out stuff or resorting to suspend-and-reload. 2GB is a real-world advantage for task switching; especially if your device is going to run a "heavy" launcher/environment on top of Android, like the HTC phones do. Of course, I would guess that 90% or more of Android users have no concept about task switching vs. multitasking vs. suspend-resume, etc. (Don't feel sad, probably 99% of iOS users don't ;) )

Oops, I am supposed to be in bed...

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Number of cores over 2 is pretty much irrelevant in real-world performance on a phone (even 2 is a waste much of the time). It is even a waste on many bigger systems too, depending on the user and apps. And the Evo LTE is no certainly no slouch with the S4 chip. Most people aren't playing hugely complex FPS on a phone or trying to transcode video or trying to fold proteins in a complex scientific simulation.

However, the amount of memory (which is RAM) does make a big difference when it comes to the way an Android device can delay swapping out stuff or resorting to suspend-and-reload. 2GB is a real-world advantage for task switching; especially if your device is going to run a "heavy" launcher/environment on top of Android, like the HTC phones do.

A phone like the gs3 seemed really fast with ics. Based on the 1x+. We are in for a treat

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

A phone like the gs3 seemed really fast with ics.

That is more a function of tweaking the user response code and not number of cores or even CPU/GPU speeds. The benchmarks show pretty clearly that, overall, the GS3 is not faster than the Evo LTE.

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

However, the amount of memory (which is RAM) can make a big difference when it comes to the way an Android device can delay swapping out stuff or resorting to suspend-and-reload. 2GB is a real-world advantage for task switching; especially if your device is going to run a "heavy" launcher/environment on top of Android, like the HTC phones do. Of course, I would guess that 90% or more of Android users have no concept about task switching vs. multitasking vs. suspend-resume, etc. (Don't feel sad, probably 99% of iOS users don't ;) )

"HTC Software Update"

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Well I got the GS3.. In some ways I kind of miss my EVO LTE.. All the store reps say that the EVO has the antenna issues so I finally switched.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

That is more a function of tweaking the user response code and not number of cores or even CPU/GPU speeds. The benchmarks show pretty clearly that, overall, the GS3 is not faster than the Evo LTE.

I do have a lot more apps installed than my friend with the gs3

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Ok so next target is 2500 before someone screenshots their update? Can WE DO IT!!!

But on to other things, what known issues with Sense 4+ do you guys hope they fixed before we get it

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Twas the night before the update and all through this place
Everyone was hoping their EVOs had space.
The kickstands were tucked away with tender loving care
In hopes that the update soon would be there.

Android fans were trying to get comfy in bed
While visions of Jelly Bean danced in their heads.
With Lloyd in his green suit and me in my shorts
We had just settled down but I was still out of sorts.

When out on the street there arose a loud clatter
I tripped over my charger trying to see what was the matter.
Away to the garage I flew in a flash.
Grabbing my gun and the bullets I stashed.

The moon on the lawn gave off a nice glow
But I live in Phoenix, so there isn't much snow.
When what to my blood-shot eyes should appear
But a guy driving a Gremlin with little to no fear.

The driver himself had a big, fluffy beard
And onto the sidewalk he suddenly verred.
He slammed on the brakes and created a sight
When he got out of the car, he seemed to be all right.

He walked up to me and told me his name.
He said it was Jerry and he told me again.
Then he surprised me right out of the gate.
"I understand you want your Jelly Bean update."

I told him I did and he smiled a bit
Then he asked for a beer and a place he could sit.
"I wish I had news, but I can only offer this:
I am sure it will come soon and you will find bliss."

He told me he worked for some monster named Phil.
"Yeah, he's a tyrant. Make of that what you will."
He said he was told he was to drive through the town
And quash all the Jelly Bean rumors abound.

He offer his thanks for the beer and the seat
And gave me an Otterbox which was really quite neat.
He crawled back in the Gremlin and started the thing.
It smoked and it backfired and it did it again.

And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight,
"Nickerson's a monster, and maybe you will get Jelly Bean tonight!"