Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Siniztur

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I wish people would understand that the firmware update and profile update have nothing to do with getting the jelly bean update.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

... A Firmware update might as well be called an OS Update, as the firmware is essentially what makes your phone run, thus the Jelly Bean update will very likely be pushed via Firmware Update. This happened on my OG Evo. An HTC update is a minor software update, for example an update to Sense (happened when we went from 4.0 to 4.1) or a fix for the contact lag. Feel free to spam the Update Now button for HTC Update while I install Jelly Bean.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

... A Firmware update might as well be called an OS Update, as the firmware is essentially what makes your phone run, thus the Jelly Bean update will very likely be pushed via Firmware Update. This happened on my OG Evo. An HTC update is a minor software update, for example an update to Sense (happened when we went from 4.0 to 4.1) or a fix for the contact lag. Feel free to spam the Update Now button for HTC Update while I install Jelly Bean.

Yeah, good luck with that.

JAY_RAWW12

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

How about you 2 make a bet? If its a software update Sinztur has to make his picture Justin Bieber for 2 weeks. But if its a firmware update Explicit you have to go Bieber fever for 2weeks. sounds pretty tight
Yeah, good luck with that.

bryan64613

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I just called HTC right now and the only thing I can say is that, this is the last time I get an HTC phone. They told me that they don't have nothing yet. They told me that Sprint is the one who decides when they want to release the update and they told me to call Sprint. I'm on the phone with Sprint right now at first they told me that they don't anything about the update that they only provide the service and they have nothing to do with updates. I asked about the leaked document, and they were able to look into it (google) and they told me that it looks pretty real, but that they can NOT confirm it. As for myself NO MORE HTC. Please don't expect Jelly bean anytime soon. Note 2 here I come.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

So, I was just on a chat with a Sprint rep and it took the rep a long time to say hello so I went to another window, forgot about the chat and they left the chat. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated.

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Why is it that when I check for an update...I click OK and MUST try again. It's a vicious cycle. Damn and my drink is empty now too.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

So, I was just on a chat with a Sprint rep and it took the rep a long time to say hello so I went to another window, forgot about the chat and they left the chat. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated.

Damn I hate drinking this early in the morning, especially while at work, but a HTC EVO 4G LTE owner has got to do what a HTC EVO 4G LTE has got to do.... EVERYONE DRINK!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I just called HTC right now and the only thing I can say is that, this is the last time I get an HTC phone. They told me that they don't have nothing yet. They told me that Sprint is the one who decides when they want to release the update and they told me to call Sprint. I'm on the phone with Sprint right now at first they told me that they don't anything about the update that they only provide the service and they have nothing to do with updates. I asked about the leaked document, and they were able to look into it (google) and they told me that it looks pretty real, but that they can NOT confirm it. As for myself NO MORE HTC. Please don't expect Jelly bean anytime soon. Note 2 here I come.

This is how it works. This is how it's always worked. Sprint announces the update. Maybe HTC does so, too, about the same time. Relax a little. (And enjoy our Note 2 forums. :) )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12