Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

probably too soon to determine, but anyone notice any difference in battery life? better or worse?

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm seeing the same thing. Even with "stay awake" checked, it still goes to sleep. It doesn't turn off, but it doesn't stay on and dimmed like it used to. that is to say, it still goes to sleep.
With "Stay awake" checked and power plugged in, my screen is staying on and dimmed, so far. With "Stay awake" unchecked, my screen timed out, clicked, went black/sleep when plugged in.
/

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I still can't figure out how to get the Mic icon back on the default keyboard so I can use Google Voice Typing. I now have the new keyboard with just a period key, with no Mic icon above it. Long-press of period now does nothing.

Any ideas on how to turn google voice typing icon off/on?

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

No no. I mean the setting where you can make the phone stay awake while charging doesn't work anymore. Noticed the phone is charging very slowly. Just throwing things out there as they occur to me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

No no. I mean the setting where you can make the phone stay awake while charging doesn't work anymore. Noticed the phone is charging very slowly. Just throwing things out there as they occur to me.

I meant that I tried "Stay Awake" with phone plugged in and so far it has stayed awake for 30 minutes. So it's working for me as designed.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site

To follow up on an earlier post, the Matte skin now uses green instead of blue for messaging color. The HTC skin uses blue, instead of green now. I believe the Aluminum skin also uses green.

Open a message, then click menu and click Personalize. You can check how you want your message to look.
Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Foxfi seems to be working as far as the app goes. Haven't tried to connect any devices to it while activated though. I have the paid version. The free one stopped working for me but $6 is a steal for hotspot as far as I'm concerned.

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Screenshot of choices

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355438127845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355438127845.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 188

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Loving all the new options, but what I love most of all... I Can Actually Call People!.. Now, who to call... hmm.. I'm depressed now. :-\

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Just thought I'd throw it out there that there's a rooted stock 4.1 ROM available on xda now. The more impressive stuff like MeanROM isn't out quite yet but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some of those builds by the end of the day. Anyway, I'm running the plain 4.1 rooted stock ROM at the moment, and if I may say so...Niiiiiice.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Foxfi seems to be working as far as the app goes. Haven't tried to connect any devices to it while activated though. I have the paid version. The free one stopped working for me but $6 is a steal for hotspot as far as I'm concerned.

Foxfi is NOT working. Turns on but devices will not connect. :mad:

bluespyder117

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Go to settings. Scroll down and you will see a backup feature now added to the main settings page. Sounds like a bit of a time saver if you ask me.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Just thought I'd throw it out there that there's a rooted stock 4.1 ROM available on xda now. The more impressive stuff like MeanROM isn't out quite yet but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some of those builds by the end of the day. Anyway, I'm running the plain 4.1 rooted stock ROM at the moment, and if I may say so...Niiiiiice.

Glad you're happy with it. Right now I'm way too happy playing with my stock E4GLTE with JB to offer any congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo