Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

NO I hear YA ....i told myself to give them a chance with a update and if it wasnt i would make switch to S3 even though i like HTC better. It was unacceptable to have to toggle airplane mode to get 4G when it was available. My fone switched 6 times to 4 LTE within a period of 2 hours driving through areas of LA... where before Id be lucky if I saw one successful switch. Very happy with this fix....now i just wish it wasnt so spotty but that will only get fixed as areas keep getting updated towers.

I will test this weekend

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Angel Kuntz

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: After JB Update Still Having 4G Connection Problems

OK seriously!? whats with these widgets, and i really LIKED the arrow keys on the htc keyboard....wtf and htc hub? gone? thanks...i had the perfect skin....

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

OK seriously!? whats with these widgets, and i really LIKED the arrow keys on the htc keyboard....wtf

There is an option on the Sense keyboard settings to turn back on the arrows in portrait mode. However, the "keyboard go away" key is now gone.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I live in the Dallas, TX area and I have seen the S3 hold a better 4G signal than my EVO while in the store and with the tech reps messing with it... But over time I have gotten a better and better 4G signal and in more places in the last month or so as it appears they are just building out the 4G network more and more... It does not appear to have a stronger connection than the S3 but as the network builds out more and more (at least in the area's I work/play/live) the 4G connection issues has become less and less.... Sprints overall 4G LTE network is limited but improving...

Even though one Sprint tech rep told me I was connecting to Wi-Max not LTE with my EVO 4G LTE... Which does not even have Wi-Max radio's so go figure that one out... A Sprint Tech/Repair rep is claiming my EVO 4G LTE is connecting to Wi-Max not LTE and we won't have LTE in Dallas until February 2013.... Hmmmm.... Way to hire and keep your people informed Sprint..

hoandrews

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

As you know, the screen is supposed to go blank when you put the phone to your ear while making or receiving a call. But with JB when I bring the phone back down to end the call the screen stays blank so the phone does not disconnect until the other person hangs up. Anyone else having that problem, and is there a fix in settings? Also with Google Now, there is no provision to select a time interval for the search, e.g. last 24 hours. For time searches, I am using the orginal mobile version of Google, which used to be the screen with the old Google Search.

Some of you have commented on the increase in speed with JB. I agree. The quadrant benchmark test is now 6300 versus 5300 with ICS.

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

I keep having a notification pop up that says "Permission Requested for account (my gmail account)"

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

No no. I mean the setting where you can make the phone stay awake while charging doesn't work anymore. Noticed the phone is charging very slowly. Just throwing things out there as they occur to me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Figured it out. Screen will not stay awake if power saver mode is on.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Also just used the front facing camera. Quality of photo is %100 better and its easier to access. :)

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know what the"rescue" app is for? I think that's new?

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I think if it weren't for sprint, HTC would have completely abandoned this phone. It still says it's on ICS on their website.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I think if it weren't for sprint, HTC would have completely abandoned this phone. It still says it's on ICS on their website.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I don't think they'd change the website until they start shipping units with Jelly Bean installed.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

As you know, the screen is supposed to go blank when you put the phone to your ear while making or receiving a call. But with JB when I bring the phone back down to end the call the screen stays blank so the phone does not disconnect until the other person hangs up. Anyone else having that problem, and is there a fix in settings? Also with Google Now, there is no provision to select a time interval for the search, e.g. last 24 hours. For time searches, I am using the orginal mobile version of Google, which used to be the screen with the old Google Search.

Some of you have commented on the increase in speed with JB. I agree. The quadrant benchmark test is now 6300 versus 5300 with ICS.

Noticed the same thing today on my EVO. Kinda weird, but not a show-stopper. Have no idea if there's a fix for this or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

OK, JB downloaded and installed and operational. Gonna take a lil adjusting and playing with but seems fine so far. Missing my voice input for emails but I guess I'll figure out where the hell it went to eventually. :)

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

I love Jellybean its awesome I like the emotions and how I can see more icons on Twitter and Instagram now perfect and smooth only thing I'm looking for is where is the get more skins at ? I miss the Golden Ring all I see is silver and black now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy