Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

According to HTCSource.com, the 4.2.2 update is hitting the One-X in Taiwan. There is also another article that says the Evo 4G LTE is on a list to receive the update as well. It is not official by any means from HTC or Sprint but the guy that wrote the article has sources suggesting the EVO may get it. The link is posted below in case you want to check out his article.

HTC One Android 4.2.2 update hits unlocked devices in Tiawan | HTC Source

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Here is a link to the other orticle. I am optomistic. Seems like a very credible source.

Will your HTC handset be updated to Android 4.2? Here

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

The HTC One X European version got the 4.2.2/Sense 5 upgrade this weekend. While that's a Tegra 3 model, it's also a pretty good indicator that the upgrade is soon to be released on the One X in the US. This is encouraging since the US One X and the EVO are almost identical in the hardware department. I'm beginning to believe we're going to see the update soon, probably before Thanksgiving if Sprint can get their shizznit together.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Let's hope you are right!

Sense 5 features the LTE will for sure get? I would bet Blinkfeed and Zoe features will be the only huge additions. Hopefully it will get the 4.2 update with the quick settings as well!
Actually i doubt we will get Zoe, its one of the Features (Selling points) of the HTC One, now blinkfeed i can see coming, but it would be nice to get both :D
And a few years ago you would have said the exact same thing about Samsung, who was MUCH worse than HTC on updates...

Does anyone remember the T-mo Galaxy S1 AKA Vibrant..... That SOB is still on 2.2 FroYo while the others are on 2.3 and the Evo went on to 2.3.3 ( even though i could've sworn it went to 2.3.6 or maybe it was CM7 2.3.6:confused:)

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Funny thing about the article right at the end telling owners to be patient. Only thing that comes to mind is the Guns n Roses song Patience on a real bad loop that never ends. Maybe by the end of September we may see something.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Funny thing about the article right at the end telling owners to be patient. Only thing that comes to mind is the Guns n Roses song Patience on a real bad loop that never ends. Maybe by the end of September we may see something.

I hope you're right, but with them concentrating on the HTC One 4.3 update and the Chinese market, I wouldn't be surprised if they put us off until October or November. Fortunately, I don't think the fine folks at Sprint will hold things up too bad this time around. Of course, there's always the question about whether they'll skip 4.2 and take us straight to 4.3 which would delay us at least until the end of the year.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I hope you're right, but with them concentrating on the HTC One 4.3 update and the Chinese market, I wouldn't be surprised if they put us off until October or November. Fortunately, I don't think the fine folks at Sprint will hold things up too bad this time around. Of course, there's always the question about whether they'll skip 4.2 and take us straight to 4.3 which would delay us at least until the end of the year.

I kinda doubt we will ever see 4.3. Lucky if we get 4.2...

ThisIsShellz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

I guess I mine as well give it up on this phone huh? Yall have been talking and rumoring about this new update for months and we have yet to have received anything...

My phone is moving slower than ever and I'm getting tired of quick dying battery life. Well, its been a good run I guess....

Maybe its time to get an S4 and deal with the galaxy kids in their forum......

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I guess I mine as well give it up on this phone huh? Yall have been talking and rumoring about this new update for months and we have yet to have received anything...

My phone is moving slower than ever and I'm getting tired of quick dying battery life. Well, its been a good run I guess....

Have you tried the equivalent of a battery pull? I did & my phone is much faster now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Why don't you try a factory reset? It only takes a couple of hours to restore all of your accounts back to the way they were and the phone runs like new again. It's a helluva lot easier than switching phones and way cheaper.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I can't wait till my contract is up and I get rid of this phone and sprint.

Picture it. 2012. Nexus s power button breaks. Need a new phone. Eligible for upgrade. Sprint network vision. Sounds good. Evo LTE. Super phone. Let's give sprint another chance.

Then were just getting 4g around now and it just starred to go. The evo has crapped out and so buggy for me. The power button is sticky.

I can't wait to go to Verizon. (Although for some reason att gets all the phones I want but I want a good service and refuse to go back to att)

Posted via Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I can't wait till my contract is up and I get rid of this phone and sprint.

Picture it. 2012. Nexus s power button breaks. Need a new phone. Eligible for upgrade. Sprint network vision. Sounds good. Evo LTE. Super phone. Let's give sprint another chance.

Then were just getting 4g around now and it just starred to go. The evo has crapped out and so buggy for me. The power button is sticky.

I can't wait to go to Verizon.

Nothing you listed has anything to do with Sprint. Sounds to me like you are just unreasonably hard on power buttons.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to figure out what the power button has to do with the EVO getting an update.

Posted via Android Central App