Some apps disappearing after reboot

Enderend

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. Recently, rebooting has caused several apps to disappear from the app drawer. If I look under Settings>Apps, I can see entries such as "com.developer.appname" with a grayed out icon (in place of the normal app name and icon). Nothing helps. Reinstalling works until the next reboot. Same results when I un install then reinstall. Even a factory reset had no effect. The same apps are affected each time. Please advise.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it. Recently, rebooting has caused several apps to disappear from the app drawer. If I look under Settings>Apps, I can see entries such as "com.developer.appname" with a grayed out icon (in place of the normal app name and icon). Nothing helps. Reinstalling works until the next reboot. Same results when I un install then reinstall. Even a factory reset had no effect. The same apps are affected each time. Please advise.

Is it possible that your sd card is corrupted?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen on numerous occasions. The apps in question were moved to external SD (or simply saved there by default during install), and if one doesn't show up, none of the others that were moved to SD show up, either.

What I had previously done was to reboot the phone until they show up again. Sometimes it took only one reboot, sometimes it took many reboots.

Eventually, I got tired of basically relying on luck as to whether or not these apps will show up upon reboot, and simply moved them all back to the phone's internal storage.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me all the time too and it's happened with 2 different sd cards.

Enderend

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When apps are moved to "internal storage" are they moved to the phone storage or the SD storage?

This happens to me all the time too and it's happened with 2 different sd cards.

Kurt Wall

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem: the shortcuts to my apps stored in my sd-card will disappear after reboot.
The solution: change the name in the desktop of the app (any name will do it) and they will still be there when you reboot ;-)

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem: the shortcuts to my apps stored in my sd-card will disappear after reboot.
The solution: change the name in the desktop of the app (any name will do it) and they will still be there when you reboot ;-)

Hehe, how did you resurrect this thread after five months?

haniming2

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

how do I change the name of the app? I am using a tablet. :) thanks

nic123456

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the tablet but for the phone try:
Settings/SD & Phone Storage/Unmount SD Card, then Mount SD card.
You don't have to remove it. That fixed the problem for me. Hope that helps.