Some apps disappearing after reboot
I don't get it. Recently, rebooting has caused several apps to disappear from the app drawer. If I look under Settings>Apps, I can see entries such as "com.developer.appname" with a grayed out icon (in place of the normal app name and icon). Nothing helps. Reinstalling works until the next reboot. Same results when I un install then reinstall. Even a factory reset had no effect. The same apps are affected each time. Please advise.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
- 11-15-2012, 11:00 PM #2
- 11-16-2012, 04:39 AM #3
- 394 Posts
Re: Some apps disappearing after reboot
I've had this happen on numerous occasions. The apps in question were moved to external SD (or simply saved there by default during install), and if one doesn't show up, none of the others that were moved to SD show up, either.
What I had previously done was to reboot the phone until they show up again. Sometimes it took only one reboot, sometimes it took many reboots.
Eventually, I got tired of basically relying on luck as to whether or not these apps will show up upon reboot, and simply moved them all back to the phone's internal storage.
- 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM #5
- 04-16-2013, 04:02 AM #7
- 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM #8
- 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM #9
- 05-12-2013, 09:16 AM #10
- By montenell in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
- By PerfectDuke in forum Droid BionicReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2011, 08:18 PM
- By KoukiFC3S in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 0Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:47 PM
- By iJoshMighty in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:48 PM
- By ClickClack911 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 11Last Post: 12-11-2009, 05:17 PM