online google play store doesn't see phone

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
That didn't work for me. The online store thinks my phone is an older model I used to use. Any other suggestions?
So Cold is right. Doing it on the website is so much easier after an OS update. As far as the Play Store is concerned, you aren't using the same device you were just a few days ago. For instance, my Play account shows this phone, but shows it being registered on 12/17 and not having been used yet. That's obviously not the case, because this is my launch-day device, but to Google it's not the same device. I don't know if the same issues are there going from 4.1.1 to 4.2, since it is the same OS, but I have seen that behavior before on the OG EVO and the E3D when a major update was installed (Eclair to Froyo, Froyo to GB, GB to ICS). If you wait long enough it will correct itself.

t4duzan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So Cold is right. Doing it on the website is so much easier after an OS update. As far as the Play Store is concerned, you aren't using the same device you were just a few days ago. For instance, my Play account shows this phone, but shows it being registered on 12/17 and not having been used yet. That's obviously not the case, because this is my launch-day device, but to Google it's not the same device. I don't know if the same issues are there going from 4.1.1 to 4.2, since it is the same OS, but I have seen that behavior before on the OG EVO and the E3D when a major update was installed (Eclair to Froyo, Froyo to GB, GB to ICS). If you wait long enough it will correct itself.

Thanks for the last 2 responses. I was able to fix it by going online to Google Play and choosing an app and clicking Install. This seems to have selected the correct device and after that, it found it the correct way.