Sam gs3 or HTC EVO LTE?

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife is eligible for a new phone on sprint what should I buy the Evo or the GS 3

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife is eligible for a new phone on sprint what should I buy the Evo or the GS 3

Honestly, what kind of answer do you think you will get if you ask this type of question in the evo section? Why not just go to sprint and play with both models and decide for yourself.

Edit: You know what, if you are in an area that has lte then I say go with the gs3, also keep in mind that the gs3 will be $50 on blackfriday. For the record, I own a evo lte and I do love it quit a bit and prefer it over the gs3 even with the evo's minor issues.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd get the GS3 if I could do it again. In my opinion, the Evo's issues are not minor. Unless you like having to wait until your phone can recognize contacts and having to switch in and out of airplane mode to pick up a 4G signal because your phone can't handle 3G to 4G hand offs properly. If you like that stuff, then the Evo LTE is the phone for you.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd get the GS3 if I could do it again. In my opinion, the Evo's issues are not minor. Unless you like having to wait until your phone can recognize contacts and having to switch in and out of airplane mode to pick up a 4G signal because your phone can't handle 3G to 4G hand offs properly. If you like that stuff, then the Evo LTE is the phone for you.

My issues with 4g are all but gone here in my area and I haven't experienced the contact lag issue.

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The evo LTE its my first phone my wife has the sg3 and I think the evo is way smoother feels solid not like a toy phone and I like the screen on the evo much more ...so that's my experience and opinion PC.

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have any of those problems, both have the same cpu and gpu so no difference there the GS3 does have 2gb of ram Evo only 1gb GS3 takes up to 64gb sd Evo only 32gb.My evo is rooted and i changed the build prop to GS3 so way more apps and games work Gameloft Ea games that say arent supported are with the GS3 makes no since because they both have the same cpu if had to do i again id probable go with the GS3 for more games. I added another line the kid gets the Evo lte i got myself the Galaxy Note 2 love it my eyes are getting bad so i like the big screen

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Honestly it's your wife's phone... let her decide. My wife wanted an upgrade to her Evo Shift on her birthday and I had the Evo LTE for 2 months at the time. We went to the store so that she could get a feel for both of them. She played with the Evo and played with the S3 and she liked the ergonomics of the S3 more. And if money is an issue the S3 for $50 this weekend makes it an even sweeter deal, tho the Evo is only $50 more at $99. So her phone... her decision, everyone wins :)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Gs3

Better features the evo won't have, more RAM, better looking, most developer support, faster updates, just an all around better phone.

Plus when the battery dies in the middle of the day, you're not required to be tethered to an outlet, you can just pop in the spare and keep it moving

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
How many times do people need to ask this question and start a new thread...lol
I prefer EVO LTE because I like it better, that all I care about, it's my money....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira