Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sam gs3 or HTC EVO LTE?

My wife is eligible for a new phone on sprint what should I buy the Evo or the GS 3

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Sam gs3 or HTC EVO LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    My wife is eligible for a new phone on sprint what should I buy the Evo or the GS 3

Honestly, what kind of answer do you think you will get if you ask this type of question in the evo section? Why not just go to sprint and play with both models and decide for yourself.

Edit: You know what, if you are in an area that has lte then I say go with the gs3, also keep in mind that the gs3 will be $50 on blackfriday. For the record, I own a evo lte and I do love it quit a bit and prefer it over the gs3 even with the evo's minor issues.

I'd get the GS3 if I could do it again. In my opinion, the Evo's issues are not minor. Unless you like having to wait until your phone can recognize contacts and having to switch in and out of airplane mode to pick up a 4G signal because your phone can't handle 3G to 4G hand offs properly. If you like that stuff, then the Evo LTE is the phone for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPuddin View Post
    I'd get the GS3 if I could do it again. In my opinion, the Evo's issues are not minor. Unless you like having to wait until your phone can recognize contacts and having to switch in and out of airplane mode to pick up a 4G signal because your phone can't handle 3G to 4G hand offs properly. If you like that stuff, then the Evo LTE is the phone for you.
    My issues with 4g are all but gone here in my area and I haven't experienced the contact lag issue.

The evo LTE its my first phone my wife has the sg3 and I think the evo is way smoother feels solid not like a toy phone and I like the screen on the evo much more ...so that's my experience and opinion PC.

ROM
    Fresh LTE 5.0

I didn't have any of those problems, both have the same cpu and gpu so no difference there the GS3 does have 2gb of ram Evo only 1gb GS3 takes up to 64gb sd Evo only 32gb.My evo is rooted and i changed the build prop to GS3 so way more apps and games work Gameloft Ea games that say arent supported are with the GS3 makes no since because they both have the same cpu if had to do i again id probable go with the GS3 for more games. I added another line the kid gets the Evo lte i got myself the Galaxy Note 2 love it my eyes are getting bad so i like the big screen

EVO will take a 64gb sd card....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Anything that bleeds for a week and lives is pure evil

Masshole!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post

Honestly it's your wife's phone... let her decide. My wife wanted an upgrade to her Evo Shift on her birthday and I had the Evo LTE for 2 months at the time. We went to the store so that she could get a feel for both of them. She played with the Evo and played with the S3 and she liked the ergonomics of the S3 more. And if money is an issue the S3 for $50 this weekend makes it an even sweeter deal, tho the Evo is only $50 more at $99. So her phone... her decision, everyone wins

Got 2 today for free thru Sprints private store If you dont have a EVO LTE yet its .99 cents on Sprint's private store

ROM
    ViperRom/Genocide 1.2 oc

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    Got 2 today for free thru Sprints private store If you dont have a EVO LTE yet its .99 cents on Sprint's private store
    I have searched & faied to locate this "Sprints private store" or a $0.99 HTC Evo 4g LTE.
    Anyone have a link to it ? Your help is much appreciated
    InMOtioN

Quote Originally Posted by c1971ace View Post
    EVO will take a 64gb sd card....

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    That's one of the main reasons I got this phone, if I was buying one today I would probably go with the note 2 which also takes an SD card

Try w w w. Sprint. Com /99centsoffer

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    I got one thanks for the link

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Gs3

Better features the evo won't have, more RAM, better looking, most developer support, faster updates, just an all around better phone.

Plus when the battery dies in the middle of the day, you're not required to be tethered to an outlet, you can just pop in the spare and keep it moving

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

How many times do people need to ask this question and start a new thread...lol
    I prefer EVO LTE because I like it better, that all I care about, it's my money....