1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement EVO LTE looses 3G and 4G signal. Anybody else have this problem?

First off i did a quick search for No Signal and didnt see anything matching my issue. So heres my post.
    Took my EVO LTE in Saturday the 17th due to the headset jack being very loose and my headphones would pop half way out.
    Sprint store charged me 35 bucks and did an advanced exchange and in about 2 hours i got a replacement device.
    Today the 21st, i got an email from someone trying to call me. Its going straight to VM. I look at my phone and it says 4G with no bars. I check and its at -120 dBm with 0 ASU
    I take the back cover off to make sure it was seated properly and put it back on and yes its on nice and tight. Same thing.
    I go to settings, change to CDMA only and same thing. This time it shows 3G with -120 dBm and 0 ASU then fluxuates to 3 asu then back to 0.
    I power off the device and leave it off for a few minutes. Power it back on same thing.
    I also tried a Profile Update and PRL update with no luck.
    I have switched back to my GS3 for now and am going to the Sprint store Friday or Saturday where i got the replacement but overall im not happy that this happened.

Ive read here and there about people getting replacements that dont work and looks like im a victim of this as well.
    But i wanted to see if anybody has had a general failure of their 3G / 4G signals.
    WiFi does work and signal seems normal there..
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Replacement EVO LTE looses 3G and 4G signal. Anybody else have this problem?

Follow up.
    Got a new unit a the Sprint Store..
    after several hard resets, failed programming attempts they agreed it was bad.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+