What's your next phone?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If the screen size is good for you the One definitely has some nice looking hardware

Yeah, if I switch it will be on warranty and not because I just have money laying around.

Oh it's definitely nice, and I'd get it in a second if I was still on my OG Evo. But with an Evo LTE there's just no reason for me to shell out the money to upgrade. I can wait another year or so, especially since the Evo LTE will be more than capable of doing all the software stuff the One offers, at least once sense 5 is ported.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Now that all the bugs have been pretty much fixed on my EVO, I'm pretty happy with it. That said, in my future I see me jumping back to BlackBerry when my time is up with this phone. Excited to see how many apps have made it there by the time I'm ready to go back.

Though I'm not expecting to see too many responses like mine in this thread.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My next phone will be the one that it the most popular has the most accessories. I'm tired of buying a 'niche' phone like my Evo's, always disappointed that there are no real docking stations, etc.

Probably the Samsung G4

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My next phone will be the one that it the most popular has the most accessories. I'm tired of buying a 'niche' phone like my Evo's, always disappointed that there are no real docking stations, etc.

Probably the Samsung G4

I think that's a valid point and whether it's the "one" or not HTC is at least taking a step in the right direction to try and be that phone

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not anything that is on the market right now or rumored to in the coming months that's for sure. I won't upgrade until I'm due one next June. Honestly with the way my phone is now after rooting it a couple months back and setting it up almost perfectly I have no reason to want to switch until then. As far as manufacturers I personally do not like cases on my phones so design is a big thing for me and IMO the HTC One is the best looking phone I've ever seen design wise. I have always been partial to HTC's designs over any other manufacturer out there. I have never liked anything from a design perspective that Samsung has released.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that's a valid point and whether it's the "one" or not HTC is at least taking a step in the right direction to try and be that phone

Since it will be on multiple carriers, it will undoubtedly have much better accessory support.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as manufacturers I personally do not like cases on my phones so design is a big thing for me and IMO the HTC One is the best looking phone I've ever seen design wise. I have always been partial to HTC's designs over any other manufacturer out there.

Am I the only one that thinks that "double bezel" looks incredibly bad?

It seems like they compromised the look of the face of the phone to show off the speakers. But to me it looks like they snapped on a goofy speaker case. They should have made the screen edge to edge and gotten rid of the capacitive home row buttons. Either that or had the white bezel like the the white LTE. Screen, black bezel, silver speakers...looks ugly.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I made the switch last night to the note 2 on AT&T. I won't belabor the point but I'm happy I made the switch and so far love the new phone. For anybody else who's had issues with the evo and has been eyeing the note I would recommend switching. I have no interest in bashing the evo or trolling and the evo community here has been pretty cool (I'm looking at you epic update thread) so I'll try to keep an eye out for what's going on here. Thanks!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll say whatever your next phone is make sure you have at least 2 gigs of ram, I'm sure part of the difference is getting off of sense but the 2 gigs makes an appreciable difference in performance and reliable multi tasking

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I made the switch last night to the note 2 on AT&T. I won't belabor the point but I'm happy I made the switch and so far love the new phone. For anybody else who's had issues with the evo and has been eyeing the note I would recommend switching. I have no interest in bashing the evo or trolling and the evo community here has been pretty cool (I'm looking at you epic update thread) so I'll try to keep an eye out for what's going on here. Thanks!

Same for me, First EVO was great the LTE, not so much but loving the Note 2 so far!

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it'll be the HTC one unless something better comes out before august when my upgrade is due. Love the dual front speakers and the ultra pixel camera sounds interesting. Quad-core will be great for games too. Looks like a really solid aluminum build also with 32gb of storage. Only thing they forgot was the kickstand......:(.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I said I was getting the 1 earlier, but I'm thinking of ditching everything Google! Windows and blackberry are still in the picture, hell who knows, maybe even an iphone!

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak toward windows or blackberry but iPhone's get boring really fast. And I'm not a jailbreaker/rooter so there's no appeal for me that way either. I'm seeing some real potential in the one but I guess we won't really know until its out there (which should be fairly soon). I believe it'll get the marketing and support that we wished the ltevo had.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Same for me, First EVO was great the LTE, not so much but loving the Note 2 so far!

That's funny to see your list of prior phones (fairly similary here). In a lot of ways, it seems like the Note 2 is the true modern interpretation of the Treo 650/755. Ahh, Treo memories...

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak toward windows or blackberry but iPhone's get boring really fast. And I'm not a jailbreaker/rooter so there's no appeal for me that way either. I'm seeing some real potential in the one but I guess we won't really know until its out there (which should be fairly soon). I believe it'll get the marketing and support that we wished the ltevo had.

For me, I don't think it's so much the boring part that would keep me from an iPhone, but the terribly inefficient contacts and calendar management plus the inefficient keyboard on the iPhone drive me nuts in setting up my wife's iPhone5. The mess of just getting decent push Gmail with multiple account contacts and calendar items to sync is laughable compared to the options available with Sense. Or simple thinks like airplane mode widget vs. digging into Setting, then General...Ugh. Not in a million years for me. Sorry, that list could go on and on.
I am a bit curious to try Windows even though I'm certain that the customization of Android would quickly pull me back. BB? I don't think I'll bother.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and I love the build quality. My phone works great, and I'd definitely consider getting another HTC phone in the future. Since I still have about 1 yr on my current contact, I'll have to wait and see what HTC puts out next year. If I was upgrading today, I'd definitely check out the HTC One!

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
still weighing my options.. The HTC ONE looks good but its been the only one "offically" announced so far so it has a leg up. I'm in no rush currently so I'll see what the summer holds and make my mind up sometime around june/july

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay