Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What's your next phone?

Let's see if we can do this without rehashing all of the HTC drama of late. Just curious based off of your experience with this phone so far what you think your next phone will be.

For me this was my first android phone and my first phone with a "large" display. After having this phone since launch I've learned I like the big screen, enjoy android, need a phone with lots of memory (I have a very large music collection) and I have a very love hate relationship with sense. All of that being said, I think for my next phone I'll probably get a note. I'm hoping that when I'm up for upgrade and if I can still stand sprint there will be a note 3 available with a 1080 display. I don't mean this as a knock on the evo and I've been definitely known to change my mind but as of today that's what I'm leaning towards.

What about everyone else?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Re: What's your next phone?

Next phone will be anything but an EVO. Had original EVO, 3d EVO and now EVO LTE. Seems to me that phone has gone downwards since original. Not a big touchwiz fan but leaning that way. That my 2 cents.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Nexus 4 that's in the mail.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

which ever android phone has the biggest screen at the time of my upgrade

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    Nexus 4 that's in the mail.
    With the update debacle of the last week I'm starting to see the appeal of the nexus. Definitely another option I would onsider.

Since the evo 4g lte hasn't been out that long did you just suck it up and buy it off contract?

This was the last chance for HTC. Probably going to go with the Samsung S4 or the nexus 4 if sprint gets it. Tired of having to wait so long for updates and samsung is proving to be faster then others. My upgrade is in april

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

First windows phone on sprint with a 4.7 inch screen or larger! Love my EVO, but don't care much for google!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Viper ROM

Since I've been in the Android game I've had Hero --> Evo --> Evo 3D --> Evo 4G LTE.
    If the next Evo comes out next summer and is impressive, I'll stick with HTC. If the SGS4 has a leg up on the competition, I'll go that route.

Sometime next year ill probably bounce from Sprint I've yet to have a dropped call but data speed is horrible! What ever highend phone has a LCD3(or better) next year I won't be touching any samsung phones Amoled is such trash hurts my eyes looking at it! Its best to wait till second of half of next year that way you will know exactly what the top phones are/going to be.

Whatever the next latest and greatest android based phone there is.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

If there's an Evo around in two years I'll probably go with that.

Whatever is the latest and greatest phone Germany has to offer that has Jelly Bean. I did want the One X+, but I think I may be done with HTC phones.

I really like the brown HTC DLX

Probably the next Evo I've had them all so far and really like the Evo line. But if I'm not impressed with the next Evo. Then it will be latest and greatest for me also that's on the Sprint network

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Had the OG EVO. Rocking the EVO 3D right now. Plan on upgrading to the LTE this Saturday. Can't wait! I'll see how long I can wait before rooting.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

So with the new HTC One on it's way out along with some other rumored devices anybody looking at a new phone in near future or already know what they want yet?

I'm going to take my evo back to the store tonight and see what they'll do for me, if they take it back this will be the 5th time or whatever their magic number is that they'll finally give you a different model phone. Since I don't have to sign a new contract or anything it's a good opportunity to try something different and I think if I can I'll go with the Note 2. Just curious what people would do if they could switch to anything today

I will be getting the Note 2. I had the Evo 4G, then the Evo 4G LTE... So I want to try something new. Also, I really love the fact that I can use the Note as a sort of "sketchbook." I'm a painter, and I'm always jotting/ scribbling down ideas wherever I go. I really do love my Evo though. My issues with this phone were minor, and I'll likely give it to my mother when I upgrade. She really likes it.

"Paint to live. Live to paint."

I won't go so far as to say it'll definitely be an Evo since my decision will depend on current offerings. However I will almost certainly go with an HTC phone, I firmly believe they make the best hardware out there, and software is irrelevant to me since I'm also a big believer in rooting and the benefits that come with that.

I think I'm just going to rock my LTE for the foreseeable future.

It still has some quirks, but nothing worth paying for to fix. If I could do a trade and maybe pay $100 for a Note II I might, but don't have any real desire to do so.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    I won't go so far as to say it'll definitely be an Evo since my decision will depend on current offerings. However I will almost certainly go with an HTC phone, I firmly believe they make the best hardware out there, and software is irrelevant to me since I'm also a big believer in rooting and the benefits that come with that.

If the screen size is good for you the One definitely has some nice looking hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I think I'm just going to rock my LTE for the foreseeable future.

It still has some quirks, but nothing worth paying for to fix. If I could do a trade and maybe pay $100 for a Note II I might, but don't have any real desire to do so.
    Yeah, if I switch it will be on warranty and not because I just have money laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    If the screen size is good for you the One definitely has some nice looking hardware

Yeah, if I switch it will be on warranty and not because I just have money laying around.
    Oh it's definitely nice, and I'd get it in a second if I was still on my OG Evo. But with an Evo LTE there's just no reason for me to shell out the money to upgrade. I can wait another year or so, especially since the Evo LTE will be more than capable of doing all the software stuff the One offers, at least once sense 5 is ported.

Now that all the bugs have been pretty much fixed on my EVO, I'm pretty happy with it. That said, in my future I see me jumping back to BlackBerry when my time is up with this phone. Excited to see how many apps have made it there by the time I'm ready to go back.

Though I'm not expecting to see too many responses like mine in this thread.
    gregglynn likes this.

My next phone will be the one that it the most popular has the most accessories. I'm tired of buying a 'niche' phone like my Evo's, always disappointed that there are no real docking stations, etc.

Probably the Samsung G4
    FApple
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by bas.androiddev View Post
    My next phone will be the one that it the most popular has the most accessories. I'm tired of buying a 'niche' phone like my Evo's, always disappointed that there are no real docking stations, etc.

Probably the Samsung G4
    I think that's a valid point and whether it's the "one" or not HTC is at least taking a step in the right direction to try and be that phone

Not anything that is on the market right now or rumored to in the coming months that's for sure. I won't upgrade until I'm due one next June. Honestly with the way my phone is now after rooting it a couple months back and setting it up almost perfectly I have no reason to want to switch until then. As far as manufacturers I personally do not like cases on my phones so design is a big thing for me and IMO the HTC One is the best looking phone I've ever seen design wise. I have always been partial to HTC's designs over any other manufacturer out there. I have never liked anything from a design perspective that Samsung has released.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast