Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Error Report

    Ever since the last software update to my EVO LTE, every time I reset the phone it comes back on, with no problems, yet tells me there is an error report and that my phone just recovered from abnormal reset. Anyone else get that? If I just restart it from the menu it doesn't give me that reading, but only when I hold power button down to force a hard reset.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Error Report

    hard reset = "abnormal" reset

    same kind of thing as when windows crashes or you pull the plug on a computer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Error Report

    Cool, thank you. I thought maybe was the reason, but wasn't sure. Thank you.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Error Report

    I have to disagree, when my phone seems to not be sending texts lately, I do the restart and get the same error message once it boots back up. But after that the phone runs correctly, sending texts again.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Error Report

    Quote Originally Posted by scruff24 View Post
    I have to disagree, when my phone seems to not be sending texts lately, I do the restart and get the same error message once it boots back up. But after that the phone runs correctly, sending texts again.
    What are you disagreeing with? And when you say error message do you mean the prompt asking you to send an error report?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Error Report

    I'm getting that too. When the phone won't send texts the mobile network says there's no connection, it's losing connection for some reason. So I have to restart. I also am getting a missed call notification (the circle on the phone icon) that won't leave unless I restart. Then I get the send error report message on restart. This is my 3rd HTC phone. Touch diamond, evo 4g, and now this. I don't believe this phone will make it through my two year contract trouble free like the first two. The Evo 4g is still going strong!
  7. #7  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    882 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Error Report

    A hard reset is NOT an abnormal reset. A hard reset is a data wipe of the phone, restoring it to the OEM default condition, meaning your apps and your accounts have been deleted. But that is a moot point, because the OP isn't hard-resetting his phone. He is performing a simple restart. The difference is that he isn't using the pop-up menu, he is just long-pressing the power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    hard reset = "abnormal" reset

    same kind of thing as when windows crashes or you pull the plug on a computer
    There seem to be lots of little things going on with this phone since the last update. And not everyone is seeing the same things, which seems to point to some software conflicts. I do get the error report notice every once in awhile. I don't get it after I restart the phone on my own, using either method, or after turning it off and then restarting it several minutes later. But I haven't had any of the contacts/messages issues that other people are having. For what it's worth has anyone else tried to boot into safe mode? It may really help troubleshoot some of these problems.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Error Report

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    There seem to be lots of little things going on with this phone since the last update. And not everyone is seeing the same things, which seems to point to some software conflicts. I do get the error report notice every once in awhile. I don't get it after I restart the phone on my own, using either method, or after turning it off and then restarting it several minutes later. But I haven't had any of the contacts/messages issues that other people are having. For what it's worth has anyone else tried to boot into safe mode? It may really help troubleshoot some of these problems.
    My money is on a memory issue. I think the old multi tasking issue (which still isn't great for me btw) and our new issues now all goes back to memory management problems. Again, I don't work for HTC or program phones for a living but I do program and that's just my best guess from a user stand point. Not that it gets us closer to fixing it but just saying...
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Error Report

    That it is a hard reset. (it is not) As someone said below, a hard reset is where everything is erased to a factory reset. Yes, where it asks to send an the error to HTC. As others have said....HTC and Sprint have dropped the ball on this phone big time. If I had a do over it would be a G3 at this point. (which I went to HTC because I had several bad experiences w/Samsung.) I refuse to get a fruit phone also. Rather go back to a flip phone.

Similar Threads

  1. Abnormal restarts causing error report
    By webhaus in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 10:20 AM
  2. G1 on cover of Consumer Reports
    By Dr. Tyrell in forum T-Mobile G1
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 03:10 PM
  3. How-To: Turn off HTC error reporting
    By nightmare in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
  4. Error Report! Help appreciated
    By AlexAndAHalf in forum Android Sideload Wonder Machine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions