System Update....Maybe Jelly Bean???

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not home to verify the details first hand but my wife just got a system notification that a software enhancement weighing in at 171.81 MB is available for download. I suppose I'll see what it's all about in a few hours when I get home.

As an AT&T HTC One X user I'll be very jealous if indeed it is Jelly Bean. At least I have LTE service where we live and she doesn't so I still win there. LOL

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm not home to verify the details first hand but my wife just got a system notification that a software enhancement weighing in at 171.81 MB is available for download. I suppose I'll see what it's all about in a few hours when I get home.

As an AT&T HTC One X user I'll be very jealous if indeed it is Jelly Bean. At least I have LTE service where we live and she doesn't so I still win there. LOL

That file size seems a bit low... BUT! If it is indeed a Jelly Bean update, please don't install it without extracting the installation for the developers. After it's been downloaded, and just before you have to confirm the installation, get the file from the SD card. Let us know if you need help...

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The file size is smaller than CM10, so one would think that it's too small.

Probably the update from a couple months ago.

[EDIT]Then again, it could be a new MR update, just no Jelly Bean.[/EDIT]

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The main page article about Jellly Bean for the one x on AT&T says a small maintenance update first then the larger Jelly Bean update.....so.......hummmm

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The main page article about Jellly Bean for the one x on AT&T says a small maintenance update first then the larger Jelly Bean update.....so.......hummmm

Why go months without any updates and then do a small maintenance update and a jb update right after? Seems silly..... At this point I'll take anything I can get but after waiting so long it seemed like everything would get wrapped up with jb. Not asking you specifically just throwing it out there

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Why go months without any updates and then do a small maintenance update and a jb update right after? Seems silly..... At this point I'll take anything I can get but after waiting so long it seemed like everything would get wrapped up with jb. Not asking you specifically just throwing it out there

Yeah, ill take anything I can get too......how about an Android 1.6 Donut update?????

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, ill take anything I can get too......how about an Android 1.6 Donut update?????

Twinkie, hoho, ding dong, doughnut hole I don't care, if I can view a contact and my caller id works again then bring it on

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know...guessing the small update has files needed for Jelly Bean...unless it has something to do with the newer version of Sense we are getting with Jelly Bean...but the article does say you will get a small update first then the larger Jelly Bean update

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know...guessing the small update has files needed for Jelly Bean...unless it has something to do with the newer version of Sense we are getting with Jelly Bean...but the article does say you will get a small update first then the larger Jelly Bean update

Weird. I don't know why they'd want to do it that way. It would be just as easy to put it all in one update.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Where u able to find out more info on ur wife's update?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
For someone who has been on these forums for nearly 3 years I am surprised that you would start this thread but then not update us after you got home last night. Or at least before you went to work in the morning. Not cool, man. Not. Cool.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey there Mr. 4-posts: learn to recognize sarcasm. Though even without the sarcasm the point is valid, seeing that he noted he was going to investigate it when he got home. The implication being that, as the OP, he has an inherent obligation to update his own thread at some point. I was just busting his balls for not being Johnny On The Spot.
Relax dude, he does have a life.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hate to burst everyone's bubble over the thought that this guy's wife was one of the few to receive the latest update (whether it be Jelly Bean, or just a long awaited update), but it is not.

He reported it's size to be 171.81MB, that is the EXACT same size as the 2.13.651.1 update (New Update For Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G LTE : The Droid Guy).

What are the chances that the next update is the exact same size as that previous one? ZERO!

Sorry to be bearer of bad news.