1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Snoozing Calendar Notifications

not sure if this has been addressed before, haven't had the time to completely scour the forums.

does anyone have issues with the snooze? i find that when i snooze from the lockscreen or even when the reminder pops up as i am doing something else, if i snooze a reminder, it never comes back. i use calendar snooze to make sure i get the reminders again, but anyone have any thoughts?

i had the same trouble on the 3D.

thx
    ay

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

Default Re: Snoozing Calendar Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by henryfool3 View Post
    not sure if this has been addressed before, haven't had the time to completely scour the forums.

does anyone have issues with the snooze? i find that when i snooze from the lockscreen or even when the reminder pops up as i am doing something else, if i snooze a reminder, it never comes back. i use calendar snooze to make sure i get the reminders again, but anyone have any thoughts?

thx
    I highly suggest using the Google Calendar app () in lieu of the stock HTC app that comes with the phone. It eliminated for me the problem you're having, among others.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the suggestion.

i actually tried it briefly, my brother made the same recommendation. but i found that i still wasn't getting proper snooze notifications. what else did it do, what other issues did it resolve?
    ay

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts

thanks for the suggestion.

i actually tried it briefly, my brother made the same recommendation. but i found that i still wasn't getting proper snooze notifications. what else did it do, what other issues did it resolve?
    Just make sure you're disabling the HTC stock calendar app when attempting to use Google Calendar app, otherwise you'll get conflicts between the two, and the Google Calendar app won't work properly for you (perhaps you did; I'm just stating it in case that's the reason you were still experiencing a "snooze issue").

I was also having an issue with the HTC stock app changing the colors of my appointments when viewed on the Google Calendar webpage on my PC. This is a known issue with the HTC app, and it's actually the reason that I tried out the Google app in the first place (at Google's suggestion).

Finally, the Google app also allows me to create multiple reminders for an event from the phone, and better manages appointment invitations, both of which were issues for me with the HTC stock app.

Hope the above helps!

thx
    I use the stock calendar app because I sync multiple accounts and the snooze works just fine. I'm not a big fan of some other aspects of the app but at the end of the day it works

I have no complaints with the stock calendar app! Works like a champ!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've been using the CalendarSnooze app with the stock calendar for years. Not even sure what the stock snooze functions work like anymore.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

thanks for the advice all . . .