Help!! Evo black screen/won't turn on

Cocomania78

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Cut to the chase...my Evo died on me. Fully charged. Took it off the charger and pressed the power button to bring up the unlock screen and nothing. I put it back on the charger and there was no light. I took it to Sprint and they gave me a "new" phone. I realized it was refurbished when I saw that it was already updated. Now the "new" phone has an issue. When I press the power button to get the unlock screen, I only see the "buttons" on the bottom light up (the home key, back, etc). The screen remains black. I power it down and try to restart it and the same thing happens. I left it alone and came back to press it and then the unlock screen comes up. This has happened 3x already. My phone is not rooted. And I have a 64g sd card that only stores pics, music, and some docs. Please help!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't think the 64g sdcard has anything to do with it but you never know, Power it down remove the sdcard and try then. if that doesn't do it i sure would make another trip to the Sprint store

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The fact that it's a 64gb card isn't it. I use one and I know plenty of people on here do as well because that's how I found out you could.

I like the penguin

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Take the phone back and demand a new one. Same thing happened to me.....First phone died after owning it for only 5 weeks. Sprint charged me $30 to replace it because I didn't have their insurance (don't feel I need it because I take care of my electronics, still own my original, pristine, Palm Pilot) The also "New" refurbished phone they gave me started acting up even before I got it home. Tried to answer a call that came it and it locked up. Powered it off and then back on and it did the same thing as yours, black screen and hung. After two days of this I took it back and demanded a new one. They tried to tell me that it need a full reset but I said no, it came out of the box two days ago fully reset and it had the problem then too. Manager finally agreed to overnight me a new one...

Cocomania78

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to them today and I'm not leaving without a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW phone!
Take the phone back and demand a new one. Same thing happened to me.....First phone died after owning it for only 5 weeks. Sprint charged me $30 to replace it because I didn't have their insurance (don't feel I need it because I take care of my electronics, still own my original, pristine, Palm Pilot) The also "New" refurbished phone they gave me started acting up even before I got it home. Tried to answer a call that came it and it locked up. Powered it off and then back on and it did the same thing as yours, black screen and hung. After two days of this I took it back and demanded a new one. They tried to tell me that it need a full reset but I said no, it came out of the box two days ago fully reset and it had the problem then too. Manager finally agreed to overnight me a new one...

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Also you have to be careful with the charger you are using....I was using my old Evo car charger i bought from best buy and 2 times it killed my LTE battery.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I also had this same issue. By any chance are you using an aftermarket charger at all? I had this cheap charger from Walmart and the first time my screen died is when I put it to charge on this charger. It might have been just a coincidence but I thought I would ask just in case.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Also you have to be careful with the charger you are using....I was using my old Evo car charger i bought from best buy and 2 times it killed my LTE battery.

Whoops...didn't see your post until I refreshed. I'm in the same boat. My old charger worked perfectly on my old EVO and I think it killed my first EVO LTE.

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I also had this same issue. By any chance are you using an aftermarket charger at all? I had this cheap charger from Walmart and the first time my screen died is when I put it to charge on this charger. It might have been just a coincidence but I thought I would ask just in case.

Not the case for mine, using the charger that came with the phone and have a car charger purchased from the Sprint store in Deptford NJ. Died after 5 weeks of ownership, NOT HAPPY with HTC or Sprint at this point. DOA flagship phone, no JB update and NO LTE.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You know you can also hold power button down for 20-30 seconds and that should do a soft reboot

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech