Didnt want to do it, but good bye HTC Evo Family

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been a committed android lover for years now. I've gone from
HTC touchpro1 and 2, EVO, EVO3d and EVO 4g LTE.
Well a few days ago I made the jump to Samsung and got a Note2. Man what a difference.
I'm not knocking HTC as I still love their phone, but right now the Note2 seems so right for
"my" needs vs anything HTC has to offer. Granite, I know HTC makes a better designed phone
that feels so much better in my hand...right now I have to give Samsung a go for a while. Another
reason I changed was to get on Sprints slow 3g network and went with ATT for a while. Sprint
doesnt appear to be getting 4g lte in my area for at least another year and I cant continue to
pay 10.00 a month for their "so called " premium dial inet speeds. Sure Im on a data plan now,
but no need to have unlimited data just to check email...as that is all it was able to really be done on
it in my area.

I've appreciated all the help that I've received here, and I hope all of you have continue success and
enjoyment with your EVOs. I may be back....who knows..

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Good. One less person to get on the preorder list ahead of me for the next EVO.

Seriously though, enjoy the Note. We'll still be here when you come back.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't bleed HTC....
So long as you're not going to Apple

you're cool

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
My first Android phone was the HTC Evo 4G (my heart just fluttered a bit) :) I upgraded to the Evo 3D ...but I wasn't really a fan of that particular device=/

For various reasons, I left Sprint so I won't be getting another Evolution any time soon but I still have a special place in my heart for HTC. I still wholeheartedly believe HTC hardware is bar none the best in the business. I'm Nexus exclusive now, but I can assure you, if given the option of multiple Nexus devices...I would take an HTC no questions asked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel bad, I think I will be right behind you this Xmas but I won't be leaving Sprint though. I'm an HTC guy and I had a WM phone, all three Evo's and they still have the best text reflow in the business. As for build quality, I never had an issue. I've been dying for a Note 2, so I will take the plunge but there will still be an EVO LTE in the family.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My first Android phone was the HTC Evo 4G (my heart just fluttered a bit) :) I upgraded to the Evo 3D ...but I wasn't really a fan of that particular device=/

For various reasons, I left Sprint so I won't be getting another Evolution any time soon but I still have a special place in my heart for HTC. I still wholeheartedly believe HTC hardware is bar none the best in the business. I'm Nexus exclusive now, but I can assure you, if given the option of multiple Nexus devices...I would take an HTC no questions asked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I had the original EVO 4G and pre-ordered the EVO LTE, I think I may try a Samsung next time. It appears that there is more support there than present day HTC US devices. Also after reading up on those in Sprint LTE markets over on S4GRU, the EVO LTE is the poorest performer - LTE radio wise.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way especially after the jelly bean update to the EVo 4Glte and playing with my wife's SGS3. Samsung looks like they got a lot of things going for them, They got wi-fi direct working (along with s beam), I have not noticed any problems with her jelly bean update, she is able to easily display videos through the x-box with dlna, ( evo 4g lte worked once with video on DLAN to xbox360, now I get an error message saying I can not play video), and now with the premium update samsung has coming the SGS3 will be able to open multiple windows ( prob not perfect yet but def in the right direction). C'mon HTC, you made the first android phone please be more innovative with the software... P.s anyone know of a way to get video recordings done with the evo to play back through DLNA, music and pics work fine , but the video does not.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way especially after the jelly bean update to the EVo 4Glte and playing with my wife's SGS3. Samsung looks like they got a lot of things going for them, They got wi-fi direct working (along with s beam), I have not noticed any problems with her jelly bean update, she is able to easily display videos through the x-box with dlna, ( evo 4g lte worked once with video on DLAN to xbox360, now I get an error message saying I can not play video), and now with the premium update samsung has coming the SGS3 will be able to open multiple windows ( prob not perfect yet but def in the right direction). C'mon HTC, you made the first android phone please be more innovative with the software... P.s anyone know of a way to get video recordings done with the evo to play back through DLNA, music and pics work fine , but the video does not.

It works on the ps3 dlna

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I almost regret switching to the GSIII. If I knew the EVO LTE Jelly Bean fixed its Data issues I would really regret getting the GS3. This was my first HTC phone, but it feeled like the EVO was built so much better.
I kind of miss my EVO in some ways. The GS3 in some ways reminds me of my EPIC and Moment and I had too many issues with those phones.

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
This is my third EVO and will be my last....You are correct, the Samsung line has more appeal to my needs then the direction HTC is taking their phones....Will be sorry to see it go, but it's function over loyalty.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
My last Evo as well. It doesn't have anything to do with the phone or HTC, it's Sprint. If the Evo was available on another carrier, I'd probably get the next one.

Sprint is just crap in my area, it has been that was for years now. There are zero signs of improvement, time to move on to a real carrier.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I also have a og Evo. Rooted and rommed out.
I am still on the fence with the current Evo 4G LTE.
However, I am really interested in the new Sony code name Odin Or Yuga phones that might come to T-Mobile. I have seen T-Mobile s hspa+ speeds here
Hit 15-19 Mbps down and 6-8 Mbps Up. That seems to be their backup when LTE goes live in Hawaii?
For now though I am still happy with my og Evo
And will patiently wait to see how these new Sony phones pan out?

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you feel that the GSIII is better than the EVO LTE and switch because of that feeling, I have no problems with that at all - you have to use what works best for you.

However, that doesn't mean you won't feel the next big phone from HTC isn't better than the next big phone from Samsung for you.

A year ago every other thread around these parts was how terrible Samsung was, how slow they were to provide updates, etc. Now the pendulum swung. Believe me, it will swing back again.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
If you feel that the GSIII is better than the EVO LTE and switch because of that feeling, I have no problems with that at all - you have to use what works best for you.

However, that doesn't mean you won't feel the next big phone from HTC isn't better than the next big phone from Samsung for you.

A year ago every other thread around these parts was how terrible Samsung was, how slow they were to provide updates, etc. Now the pendulum swung. Believe me, it will swing back again.

I hope so, Cuz I love Htc's hardware. Anodized metal! that's sick!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I bought my EVO LTE in may (love HTC). I was a bit on the fence knowing the s3 was coming. I've had and hated previous Samsung devices but the s line seems to be...well more.

So I bought my 12yr old daughter the s3 :) (sly dog I am)

2 weeks ago I broke my phone and had the option to get either the LTE or the s3 witch I've now had time to play with. I chose the EVO. I really think both phones are great (daughter really loves the s3) but htc simply feels like quality.

So basically all I'm saying is get what you like NOW. If that's a Samsung or HTC phone so be it. Ya never know next year you may like an LG or moto lol. Probably not.

Personally I'll stick with htc :b

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
If she got a gs3 out of you it sounds like she's the sly one
Lol I think your right. I did take advantage of the 48$ sale on black Friday. She's had a phone since 2nd grade. I just like the security of family locator. Being a single parent it gives me piece of mind. To me that's worth it.