Storage usage

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
With all this talk about the update, I have noticed something funny when I dial *2. The Sprint utility shows I have less than 25% of my app space remaining, but when I click on it and go into the android app manager, it shows I have almost half.

I thought the Sprint app would just refer back to the manager's numbers... It's one of these numbers correct and one wrong? Is anyone else setting this?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354556215488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354556215488.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 123
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354556227552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354556227552.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Memory usage

>"Memory usage"

You should correct the subject of your first posting to "Storage usage". Memory = RAM, not storage space.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Memory usage

I wish I could help answer your question.... I never use the Sprint tools or Sprint Zone. I would tend to believe the Android native settings app more than the Sprint Zone. One thing for sure- it is certainly confusing seeing *3* different pools of storage!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help answer your question.... I never use the Sprint tools or Sprint Zone. I would tend to believe the Android native settings app more than the Sprint Zone. One thing for sure- it is certainly confusing seeing *3* different pools of storage!

Yeah it is! Did HTC ever explain why they broke it up this way?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it is! Did HTC ever explain why they broke it up this way?

I think it is not really an HTC thing- more of an Android thing. A throwback to earlier days of partitioning. It does seem strange to have two internal storage pools. Plus- the Evo LTE is (as far as I know) the only current HTC product with an SD slot... and that has to be mounted separately and shows as another pool of storage.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it is not really an HTC thing- more of an Android thing. A throwback to earlier days of partitioning. It does seem strange to have two internal storage pools. Plus- the Evo LTE is (as far as I know) the only current HTC product with an SD slot... and that has to be mounted separately and shows as another pool of storage.

I didn't even think about the fact that the EVO is the only current phone with an SD slot. It makes me a little happier to be confused.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm