Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default JB delayed until Feb 2013?

I was told by an in-store sprint tech that HTC&sprint don't have any plans on releasing JB for The EVO 4G LTE ANYTIME THIS YEAR, HE WENT ON TO SAY THAT HE DID SEE THAT THERE IS AN UPDATE COMING SOMETIME B4 THE END OF THIS YEAR FOR MINOR ISSUES INVOLVING THE EVO but as far as the jellybean update he's hearing Feb 2013 which I'm incline to believe sense everyones predictions have been wrong

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Default Re: JB delayed until Feb 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    I was told by an in-store sprint tech that HTC&sprint don't have any plans on releasing JB for The EVO 4G LTE ANYTIME THIS YEAR, HE WENT ON TO SAY THAT HE DID SEE THAT THERE IS AN UPDATE COMING SOMETIME B4 THE END OF THIS YEAR FOR MINOR ISSUES INVOLVING THE EVO but as far as the jellybean update he's hearing Feb 2013 which I'm incline to believe sense everyones predictions have been wrong

You do realize that there's a **** storm on it's way. I'm getting indoors before the Calvary comes...
    zakphi likes this.

Why couldn't this have been posted in the epic upgrade thread?

Post-Apocalyptic Jelly Bean?
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'm just relaying to my android FAM what was told to me by a Sprint tech trust me I definitely hope he's wrong

ROM
    Sprint Stock

I'm just relaying to my android FAM what was told to me by a Sprint tech trust me I definitely hope he's wrong

What they're basically saying is, why would you add it to the already existing **** storm happening here: Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE
    BigDinCA likes this.

See, I'm not inclined to believe what any of these people have said because they're allover the map. I'll just wait until we hear an official announcement.

I work for an authorized Sprint dealer (and I own the EVO 4G LTE) we haven't heard anything about an update for it. I've even called to the Sales Support and they don't have any time frame either.
    Thanked by 2:
    ginglish likes this.

I overheard a conversation on the elevator about this guy who heard from his neighbor that his friend who walks dogs for this lady who likes to give baths to homeless people that thought they heard a train conductor talk about a man who went into a sprint store and over heard a conversation about two curling players that might know information about an upgrade to the EVO LTE that came from a reliable source at Samsung.
    Thanked by 4:
    PittsPgh, boo5ted, bc2k and 13 others like this.

My friend who is a friend of the friend who is responsible for spreading gossip and rumors said that john Carmack and the Buddha are working together to get us jelly bean by the next coming of Christ.
    PittsPgh likes this.

ROM
    Stock

OH MY GOD!!! Someone finally contacted the all-knowing in-store Sprint tech! Sweet Jesus, now we know for sure.

The fact that you made a new thread for this is absolutely ridiculous, although the fact I am posting here makes me a little bit of a tool. More importantly, this thread doesn't make any sense. How could JB be delayed until Feb 2013 if Sprint and HTC "don't have any plans on releasing JB for The EVO 4G LTE ANYTIME THIS YEAR" You can't delay something that isn't planned yet. And the fact that he's "hearing" it may be out in February is no different than every twerp in every store, every phone call or every tweet that has made up whatever they think you may want to hear. Does he have reason for his guess? A source? Did he have a premonition, or is it just a gut feeling? I talked to a guy at my local repair center yesterday who has the EVO. He said that he thought the update was supposed to be out already, so he's expecting it any day now. I shouldn't have just typed that, though. I should probably start a new thread.
    Thanked by 2:
    bc2k, crxssi, balansboy and 2 others like this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,014 Global Posts

Chill, folks. OP's just trying to help.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Chill, folks. OP's just trying to help.
    Wait a second, are you trolling the ƎVO threads now? That's two posts here in a matter of 30 minutes...

And it wasn't the info - it was the new thread. We're trying to get the other one to 2000 posts so we can get some front page AC lovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    I overheard a conversation on the elevator about this guy who heard from his neighbor that his friend who walks dogs for this lady who likes to give baths to homeless people that thought they heard a train conductor talk about a man who went into a sprint store and over heard a conversation about two curling players that might know information about an upgrade to the EVO LTE that came from a reliable source at Samsung.
    epic hahahah

WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

Well, if it matters, a friend of mine work for HTC as an accounts representative and that person told me that she received communication that the update would be out before the end of this year.

Am I holding on to life for that? No. I am happy with the phone the way it is, although I would love Google Now.

I really could careless about Jelly Bean. I just want all these issues fixed on my damn phone!

Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    Well, if it matters, a friend of mine work for HTC as an accounts representative and that person told me that she received communication that the update would be out before the end of this year.

Am I holding on to life for that? No. I am happy with the phone the way it is, although I would love Google Now.
    Ok, EVERYONE DRINK!

(oops, sorry wrong thread )
    Thanked by:
    markkelley and tain311 like this.

What issues are you having?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsShellz View Post
    I really could careless about Jelly Bean. I just want all these issues fixed on my damn phone!

What issues are you having?

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Why couldn't this have been posted in the epic upgrade thread?
    This needs to be merged with the Epic Thread of Drinking...
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

I;m starting to hate threads like these

You do realize that you are in fact contradicting yourself, right? By saying you're inclined to believe what he's hearing (Feb 2013) because everyone else's predictions are wrong is kind of stupid because that Feb 2013 is in fact a prediction itself.
    icenija likes this.

Global Posts
    737 Global Posts

Why do people post in threads they dislike? Why not scroll past them and let the thread drift away?

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

It's not necessarily a contradiction I'm not saying I believe exactly February but I do believe that it's coming out later rather than sooner is what I meant when I say I'm inclined to believe it anybody who claims to have a set date for when jelly bean is coming out has proven to be wrong so when I talked to that tech it was clear to me that no 1 knew what they were talking about so when he told me next year I wasn't exactly sold on the idea of February but I did realize that it wasn't coming out anytime soon
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

You people on these forms kill me you share a bit of information you've heard no matter how true or untrue it is and they want to crucify you for it lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast