Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Auto music starts when I plug in headphones

So, I sprung for a 32gb memory card recently. I wanted to fill it up with music and not rely on Spotify all the time. I put about 8gb of mp3s on there. I listened to some of them one night via Google Music. But since then, every time I plug headphones in, Google Music starts up and automatically plays the first song on the card (How Long? by Ace - its a 70s song). I usually listen to podcasts or TuneIn radio - so, this is a royal pain.

I have looked all through the settings for the music app and the phone as well. Does anyone have an idea how to stop this?

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Auto music starts when I plug in headphones

Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    So, I sprung for a 32gb memory card recently. I wanted to fill it up with music and not rely on Spotify all the time. I put about 8gb of mp3s on there. I listened to some of them one night via Google Music. But since then, every time I plug headphones in, Google Music starts up and automatically plays the first song on the card (How Long? by Ace - its a 70s song). I usually listen to podcasts or TuneIn radio - so, this is a royal pain.

I have looked all through the settings for the music app and the phone as well. Does anyone have an idea how to stop this?

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    If you have Tasker, disable it. Also try clearing google music default settings
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I do not have Tasker, and there are only a couple of editable settings in Google Music.
    You can not delete the app, or disable it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

do u use Doggcatcher for podcasts? its default setting is bind to headset when installed

Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    I do not have Tasker, and there are only a couple of editable settings in Google Music.
    You can not delete the app, or disable it. Anyone else have any ideas?
    You should be able to disable that app. I did it within the first week of having the phone as I didn't like the way it sorted my music.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Don't have Doggcatcher. I just download mp3s and listen to podcasts that way.

And as for disabling the app - I guess I do not know how to do it. Can someone walk me through it. I thought
    I have clicked everywhere and haven't seen one option to do so.

So, I have removed ALL the mp3s from the SD card - and now the damn thing is playing system sounds
    one after another when I plug in my headset. Pain in the ***!

From the home screen, go to your app drawer: press menu, manage apps, all, scroll down to google play music, press: google play music, disable. =)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I do not have that option. I have "Force Stop", "Uninstall updates" and "Clear data".
    That's it. And I have uninstalled updates before - they just re-install behind the scenes.

Erm....turn off your Wifi and Mobile connection, go back into Google Play Music from the manage apps screen, clear the data, force stop the app, uninstall the updates. It'll kick you back out to the manage apps screen then go back into Google Play Music and you should get the option to disable. I just re-enabled and re-disabled the app on my phone.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I didn't realize I had to turn off the Wifi and mobile - once I did that - SUCCESS! Thanks.

You're welcome....hope that fixes your issue.