Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default EVO 4G LTE Dead?

I received a replacement 4G LTE due to my previous device having a reboot issue. I put the phone on the charger and downloaded my contacts and information. 3 hours later I go to use my phone and it is off. I held the power button down and it wont' turn on. When plugged in the indicator light does not light up. Is my Evo 4G LTE Dead? This has been the worst week for smartphones. It is my third replacement. (1st Evo 4G LTE)
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,453 Global Posts

Default Re: EVO 4G LTE Dead?

Quote Originally Posted by comiken205 View Post
    I received a replacement 4G LTE due to my previous device having a reboot issue. I put the phone on the charger and downloaded my contacts and information. 3 hours later I go to use my phone and it is off. I held the power button down and it wont' turn on. When plugged in the indicator light does not light up. Is my Evo 4G LTE Dead? This has been the worst week for smartphones. It is my third replacement. (1st Evo 4G LTE)
    Are you using the same charger you had used on the previous two? Is it the stock HTC?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I've had this happen to me and it was due to a faulty charger. Sorry to say, your phone is dead, but replace that charger and your next replacement shouldn't have any problems.

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Try one last thing. Hold the volume down button and press the power button. Same thing happened to my lady's phone and it turned on after doing that.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2