Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question my evo 4g lte and switching off of wifi

When I am home I am always attached to my WiFi, but since getting the phone last week I noticed that it.does.not want to switch from WiFi and back to mobile data hereinafter driving 30 minutes from my house to work. Only way I can force it is to shut WiFi off then back on.

Any suggestions my original EVO non LTE had no problem on its own going back and forth on its own.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: my evo 4g lte and switching off of wifi

Do you have a Airave by chance ?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

EVO 4g LTE. Don't know what airave is.

I kept forgetting to turn mine off when I left home and it kept finding every WIFI signal along the my drive to work.
    So I run a small App called "Auto WiFi OFF" from Google Play. When it senses loss of WIFI, it turns the radio off for me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

would rather just have it switch to mobile data on its own as some destinations i get back on wifi

I don't understand why anyone leaves it on. what a waste of battery life. I have a cool little wifi widget that I use to turn on and off when needed. On the rare occasion that I forget to turn it off I notice the battery drain. Your phone is constantly looking for open wifi,, connecting,, disconnecting,, searching, etc, etc.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I notice almost no difference in battery life compared to shutting WiFi off or leaving it on all the time, there is just some places I go that I do shut it off that I don't want my phone on their network. I simply wish like my original EVO 4G (before lte) that this one would detect when it was no longer near enough to get a WiFi connection and go back to mobile data.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Hate replying to myself but it seems the JB update fixed this for me and now when I leave range of WiFi it goes back on its own to mobile data.
    Thanked by: