Anyone experience this?

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My parents are on our family plan, and they receive texts fine but have been unable to send them. This has only just begun happening in the last month. They've tried sending texts using wifi on and off with the same results. Twice they restarted their phone and all the previous texts they tried sending then went out. Of course they don't want to continuously have to restart the phone. Any ideas of whether it could be something in their settings or is it more likely to be a problem with their phone?

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
try updating their PRL and try switching the network to CDMA only

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My parents are on our family plan, and they receive texts fine but have been unable to send them. This has only just begun happening in the last month. They've tried sending texts using wifi on and off with the same results. Twice they restarted their phone and all the previous texts they tried sending then went out. Of course they don't want to continuously have to restart the phone. Any ideas of whether it could be something in their settings or is it more likely to be a problem with their phone?

Did you call sprint and see if there are issues in the area?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Have them do this. From the dialer dial ##72786# Enter your phone personal MSL number and click ok, Click reset and then hit OK, Hit OK again. The phone will reset and reconnect and your problems will be solved. You will not lose any information and I have done this once myself and it will fix the unable to send text problem. If you don't know your MSL number, you can call Sprint and they will give it to you.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it matters but they roam in a Verizon area and use wifi for their data connection.

so they don't get a signal... Yea that matters... you can't send texts over wifi

but If that area includes their home
call Sprint and tell them about the problem of not getting a signal in their home and they'll send them a Airave for free

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
so they don't get a signal... Yea that matters... you can't send texts over wifi

but If that area includes their home
call Sprint and tell them about the problem of not getting a signal in their home and they'll send them a Airave for free

well they should be able to send texts while roaming on Verizon, correct? I'll also give them my Airave and see if that solves it.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they got there phones on sprint only ..change it to automatic if that's not the problem check and see if domestic voice is checked under roaming

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Maybe they got there phones on sprint only ..change it to automatic if that's not the problem check and see if domestic voice is checked under roaming

Thanks, just had them check for that and it was set to automatic already. It's weird, when they restart their phone it sends texts for a couple days and then stops sending until they restart the phone again.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I am telling you, do what I said. It's the only fix for this.

Yes I will do this for them when I get my hands on the phone again if the problem persists. Probably to difficult for them to do on their own ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay