Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How make backup of system 4.0.4, to restore phone ?

How make backup of system 4.0.4, to restore phone ?

I recall that with my old EVO 4G, that the Sprint store had to do some reset, and would always install the latest operating system.

With my EVO LTE, I have a Hotspot app that works with my existing OP, 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, but will not work with Android 4.1 Jellybean.

So, in the event that my OS is upgraded to Jellybean, I would like the ability to return it to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Is this possible ?
    Is there some app or something that would make this possible ?
    How can I do this ?

Thanks
    Current: EVO 4G LTE / HWare V. 3 / 4.0.4 ICS / Sense 4.1 / non-rooted/ 07-5-2012
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: How make backup of system 4.0.4, to restore phone ?

if it gets updated once, and you restore, it will get updated again.

To make sure that you do not get updated, you can root and remove just one piece of bloatware that you do not use. Then it will fail to upgrade.

what hotspot app are you using?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

FoxFi

Haven't looked into rooting. My phone is for my one man business, and it is essential to me that the phone be stable, etc. I have assumed that rooting makes a phone less stable, and more prone to failure. Is this true?
    If not, then is rooting a complicated process requiring extended expertise, or is it a straight forward process that I can do in 10 minutes ?
    Current: EVO 4G LTE / HWare V. 3 / 4.0.4 ICS / Sense 4.1 / non-rooted/ 07-5-2012
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Rooting itself does nothing to the phone. It is what you can do with root that causes issues. As long as you do not do anything crazy you are ok.

I have rooted HTC before, but not your specific phone. It shouldnt be overly complicated and I am sure there is a guide on here about it.

That all being said, there is no kind of ETA for Jellybean on your phone so I would not worry about it right now. I know you need it, but you can wait to cross that bridge when you need it.

What you do NEED to do, is not update Foxfi. they just updated it awhile ago and the update has issues. Go into the market, and turn off automatic updates on the foxfi app.

For Foxfi they made it a mandatory update I was force to update it a couple days ago...but if it's jus a app you want to update go to the play store and download app/restore... No root needed it will backup apps I've used it since my o.g. Evo

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by wess580; 12-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.