Incoming call but no service

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The latest annoying thing my phone has been doing is occasionally when I get an incoming call I can't silence it. The phone locks up and shows "No service" even though someone is calling and the phone is ringing. The signal bars are empty with an X as if there really is no service. I'll drag the green to answer the call and it makes me unlock the phone with my security pattern, then I have to tap answer again. Other times if I ignore the call it keeps ringing anyway instead of giving me the option of responding by text or reminding me later to return the call.

I'm assuming this is related to the contacts bug or whatever is affecting that and messaging taking forever to load (and in my case spontaneously deleting all my texts).

Why does it seem this phone has just gotten more and more buggy lately?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The latest annoying thing my phone has been doing is occasionally when I get an incoming call I can't silence it. The phone locks up and shows "No service" even though someone is calling and the phone is ringing. The signal bars are empty with an X as if there really is no service. I'll drag the green to answer the call and it makes me unlock the phone with my security pattern, then I have to tap answer again. Other times if I ignore the call it keeps ringing anyway instead of giving me the option of responding by text or reminding me later to return the call.

I'm assuming this is related to the contacts bug or whatever is affecting that and messaging taking forever to load (and in my case spontaneously deleting all my texts).

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

I've had the same issue for a while, can't pinpoint when it started, but could be as you said related to the contacts issue.

They better have a boatload of bug fixes coming down with our mystery dated JB update soon...

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same issue for a while, can't pinpoint when it started, but could be as you said related to the contacts issue.

They better have a boatload of bug fixes coming down with our mystery dated JB update soon...
For real man. The bugs are getting old. I have no idea how to duplicate the issue; I just know it happens at the most inopportune times.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

I believe it's as you said and the contacts issue is the root of all these problems. With your particular case, the dialer is probably trying to access the contacts to match a contact with the phone number but of course the contacts app hangs. This in turn locks up the dialer which won't allow you to answer the call from the lock screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech