Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

After receiving JB yesterday I did a hard reset. I am still having the WiFi issue. I have to reboot my phone to get it back working. Also the battery life sucks.

I never had this issue before. Now with the update i have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    Proximity Sensor problem again during phone call with jelly bean update. Ugh! Is anyone else experiencing the well documented proximity sensor issue since update? Everything was fine with last update. This issue is quite annoying.
    Thanks

Yes, very disconcerting

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye99 View Post
    My proximity sensor works fine. My wifi works at home. My work wifi DLINK does not want to work.Dlink seems to be the common theme. If I play with the settings it will occasionaly see it but can't once I type the known to be good password. I've tried all suggestions so far. Anybody got a new one? Bob
    Exactly what's happening to me. I'm getting a netgear router this weekend to prove the point. (need a new router anyway) why d-link though is an interesting mystery. Fortunately no other issues seen for me. Proximity sensor seems normal and use swift key 3 , so can't comment on keyboard issues. Battery life seems worse.

Proximity Senor Problem During Calls
    Voicemail Screen Turns Black on Playback
    Google Voice Voicemail Screen Turns Black on Playback
    Occasional Screwed up Keyboard screen
    Calendar Widget, All-day Exchange events show 12:00AM - next Day 12:00AM. Google calendar events OK.
    While on a call and another comes in, decline does not decline the call, just hides it and continues to beep until voicemail kicks in.

Not a bug but annoying:
    Any screen that you scroll on (like internet, or news), if you scroll and let go it will keep moving a bit. Difficult to center text
    Power Saver Icon in Task Bar (what does it do anyway!?)
    Why must they change things just to change things? Every EVO update I've had (Original and LTE), I'll find colors changed for text messaging, other notices, etc. Just leave it already!
    Loss of 1x3 People Widget
    Few other icons have disappeared from various screens, still figuring out what used to be there.
    Volume for wired headsets still very loud (even on low)

Improvements:
    So far battery life seems better...
    Phone book selection on the fly!
    Correct ring tones (which threw me off when someone called!)

FYI for those using Swype and are missing voice-to-text: I've been using Swype Beta for a while now and love it. It uses Dragon for voice-to-text, the button is prominently displayed, and it works very well.

http://http://beta.swype.com/android/agreement/
    briqsay likes this.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed View Post
    So is the consensus that I'm reading here to not update right now? Seems like an awful lot of bugs/issues. ICS is and has always been solid for me, I can't afford to have a buggy JB.
    The bugs, while few are far less problem to deal with than the issues pre-Jelly Bean. I am VERY happy to have updated and would not hesitate to do so if I were you.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    So Cold likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorniel M Davila View Post
    First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.
    I don't. I have zero interest in Google Now and don't want it "contaminating" all other parts of my experience...

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.
    Not a bug, but agreed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.
    I haven't noticed that, but I rarely use the phone as a "phone".

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better.
    "Gallery" has *always* sucked and now it is even worse than sucky. Just install QuickPic and move on.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectech View Post
    Yes, very disconcerting
    What is?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

New bug on my phone after JB update. When I turn phone off longer than a minute, everything from my apps,folders,and stuff on my dock don't work for at least 25 seconds. I can scroll thru my screens but that's it. I've read about doing hard reset to fix issues but no luck. Any help is much appreciated. I'm also missing voice to text on keyboard.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Those giant penguin eyes staring back at me
    If the women don't find you handsome,they should at least find you handy.
    crxssi likes this.

Fyi, the connection optimizer is able to be disabled completely. Apps, menu, manage apps, all, connections optimizer, disable. It totally disappears from the menu. I tried this to fix the wifi issue but it had no effect so I reenabled it and turned it off in the menu. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    The bugs, while few are far less problem to deal with than the issues pre-Jelly Bean. I am VERY happy to have updated and would not hesitate to do so if I were you.
    I agree.....even after my phone was totally borked yesterday and it took two hard resets to fix it. Some things changed....but all in all I like what they've done(MOST ESPECIALLY GETTING RID OF NOTIFICATION ICONS!!!!). The only issue I have left is proximity sensor in low light.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donntiger View Post
    Those giant penguin eyes staring back at me
    LOL!

I can SEE you... (Yikes, I sound like a Sauron penguin of Mordor of the South Pole or something)
    donntiger likes this.

An update to my own Wi-Fi issue fun. Went through a factory reset, actually did it twice deciding to do it after fiddling with my DLink router settings.

After second factory reset, in the starting set up, after a few seconds of seeing every other router in the neighborhood but the one 6 feet away from it, my router miraculously appeared, I clicked it, punched in my info and was connected! Oh frabjous day! Aaaaaand, a few minutes later after I was done with initial setup, it went back to 3g because it says my router is too far away to find.

I really think it may be an issue with this update and DLink routers.

So now I begin the sad part of updating all my core apps and installing all my previous apps on a 3g connection. Whee.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coyoterogue View Post
    An update to my own Wi-Fi issue fun. Went through a factory reset, actually did it twice deciding to do it after fiddling with my DLink router settings.

After second factory reset, in the starting set up, after a few seconds of seeing every other router in the neighborhood but the one 6 feet away from it, my router miraculously appeared, I clicked it, punched in my info and was connected! Oh frabjous day! Aaaaaand, a few minutes later after I was done with initial setup, it went back to 3g because it says my router is too far away to find.

I really think it may be an issue with this update and DLink routers.

So now I begin the sad part of updating all my core apps and installing all my previous apps on a 3g connection. Whee.
    You might want to at least first try fiddling with the settings on the wireless router. (Start with rebooting it if you haven't already). For example- turning off "N", changing authentication, turning off proprietary accelerators, stuff like that. Might be worth the time and help with troubleshooting. I don't know about there, but if I was stuck *ONLY* on Sprint's 3G, I would go insane (yes, it is that slow here).
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    You might want to at least first try fiddling with the settings on the wireless router. (Start with rebooting it if you haven't already). For example- turning off "N", changing authentication, turning off proprietary accelerators, stuff like that. Might be worth the time and help with troubleshooting. I don't know about there, but if I was stuck *ONLY* on Sprint's 3G, I would go insane (yes, it is that slow here).
    Unfortunately did all that, after doing the second factory reset. Turned off N, used b and g mode. B only mode. g only mode. N and G mode, and even the N, B, G all together modes. All accelerator and proprietary filtering stuff was turned off. I know its hard to exhaust every possible self-troubleshooting, but I'm nearing the point of just admitting its a new glitch between HTC's Jellybean and DLink routers based on other anecdotal posts here and wait for a minor update to something. (Even checked for updated firmware for my router).

3G here is thankfully not horrific, just bleh. Think the coverage here for 3g is pretty much hitting near the top of its speed capabilities. I can watch Netflix and all that. But compared to being connected to my home internet, its a slug. Hey! Only 90 more apps to go!

And to add it the connection speed fun, a pretty strong snowstorm just started back up here. 2 bars of signal strength!

Funny, it seems like power saver actually wastes battery. My batt seems to last a lot longer when I shut it off. Great update but hopefully they will have a maintenance update soon to fix all the smaller issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

have you tried Settings>Wi-Fi> go to bottom right and click on the 3 dots >Advanced>uncheck "Avoid poor connections"

Quote Originally Posted by elfuego View Post
    Exactly what's happening to me. I'm getting a netgear router this weekend to prove the point. (need a new router anyway) why d-link though is an interesting mystery. Fortunately no other issues seen for me. Proximity sensor seems normal and use swift key 3 , so can't comment on keyboard issues. Battery life seems worse.
    I am not having any problems with my WiFi and I have a netgear

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_in_VA View Post
    have you tried Settings>Wi-Fi> go to bottom right and click on the 3 dots >Advanced>uncheck "Avoid poor connections"
    Yeppers. :{

Now, oddly, it will connect to it now sometimes. For about less than a minute and then say its out of range. Damn tease!
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Screen on during phone call. Or it'll turn off right away and you have to hit the power button to put it back on.

Anybody have poor Wifi signal. I'm 6ft from the router and look at my speeds.

I have a Cisco E1200 N router with latest firmware. I was flying before the update.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I don't. I have zero interest in Google Now and don't want it "contaminating" all other parts of my experience...
    You could just turn it off, if you don't want to use it

Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    I am not having any problems with my WiFi and I have a netgear

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Correct, People who ARE having problems, like me, are experiencing issues with DLink WiFi routers.
    Home Netgear router is fine, Work Netgear router is fine. Home DLink router not visible.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast