Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blindwsci View Post
    Turning off DLNA also fixed wifi connection issue for me. Thank you for posting!
    Where is that DLNA option toggle? I'm not finding it for some reason. Thx.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Go into wifi,, advanced settings,, scroll down to bottom

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
    Where is that DLNA option toggle? I'm not finding it for some reason. Thx.
    Last option under Advanced under the menu when you go into settings-> Wifi
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Just noticed that after update my photos and videos were automatically uploading to drop box,, a service I never used. Just got a message telling me I was out of drop box space and to get more. Went into my gallery settings and shut it off. That was draining massive battery.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
    Yep. Not gonna happen with stock now.
    Hate the camera now. Taking pictures of pets and babies is gonna be hard... Not to mention the recurring click when on burst mode... if someone finds a fix, let us know!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

How does one remove/disable the annoying ads that appear as a star in the notifications bar?

So far, only work around for the camera shutter is plugging in your headphones. Practical, not really.... Will it suffice when needed. Yes.

"Paint to live. Live to paint."

Global Posts
    2,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by og fancy sauce View Post
    How does one remove/disable the annoying ads that appear as a star in the notifications bar?
    ??? What ads? You obviously have some app doing that. Press and hold on it and now you can find which app is spamming you so you can remove it.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I Don't really have any bugs..

WiFi has worked right out the gate..

No Maps or GPS crashes..

Mic on kb and voice type has been there and worked..

Noticed no real significant change in RAM usage..

Screenshots take just fine..

Voicemail on speaker, no issues..
    I think thats just about everything I was reading about
    Principe likes this.

My screen brightness fluctuates, that's about it, not all the time, but just enough to get annoying!

I have a problem with my notifications bar at the top it will not pull down for anything very frustrating cause I use that bar for everything and hate when there is a thousand things on the flippin bar...grrrrr also I have no option on keyboard anymore to make the keyboard go away

Quote Originally Posted by misty howard View Post
    Hate when there is a thousand things on the flippin bar.
    You can go into manage apps now and uncheck the notifications for apps now. Helps get rid of the status bar clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah32#AC View Post
    Is anybody else having this issue? I take a screen capture of a Facebook page or SMS and it looks normal. Once I send the screen shot via SMS it comes out garbled and illegible.
    I'm having the same problem. I've been looking around for a fix but no luck so far.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdia View Post
    I'm pretty that the mic only hides when you're in an app that has a mic of it's own in the input filed field, like Google Search and Google Now. The mic seems to be there for me when I'm in app that don't have their own mic, like Google Voice text, Gmail, and Email. Not true for Swype, though, no mic no how.
    The mic on keyboard has disappeared for me more than once. It's not driven by the app for me. It disappears from the stock keyboard on all apps and can't be toggled back on.

A hard reboot restores the mic on stock keyboard for me.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightdesigns View Post
    Major proximity sensor issue if you navigate away from the phone screen while on a call. It continuously turns off the screen. When I turn it back on and touch anywhere it immediately turns back off. I can't end the call, press any buttons (for menus) or anything. I have to hard reboot the phone to end a call. This one is major!
    Similar problem here.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

If you don't love the new keyboard, there are versions similar to the older keyboards, like Gingerbread and ICS on Google Play. Several are free.

Install, go into Language & Keyboards, turn them ON, then go into the Swype keyboard (counterintuitive) to use its Keyboard selector to pick one of the downloaded keyboards. That's the only way I figured out how to activate the ICS keyboard that I downloaded for free.

I noticed on the ICS keyboard that the haptic feedback is much stronger than the haptic on the new stock keyboard.

We need a better shortcut to switch keyboards within apps (not just between the 4 layouts included in the new HTC Sense default keyboard)....If anyone knows a better way to switch keyboards within an app please advise.

annoying change: power/battery usage report now doesn't show the display usage! the # 1 battery using thing. also, my Swype beta auto spacing doesn't work in my maxthon browser, annoying.

a few bugs ive noticed.

when unlocking the screen the status bar turns its normal color then back to transparent, wasnt there in ics

twice so far sense home has lagged horribly requiring a restart then goes back to normal

htc hub is missing, probably not a bug but HTC is well known for saying they wont be taking away functions with thier phones. yet continue to do so on every update

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    We need a better shortcut to switch keyboards within apps (not just between the 4 layouts included in the new HTC Sense default keyboard)....If anyone knows a better way to switch keyboards within an app please advise.
    Whenever your keyboard is up, a notification shows up on the tray. Pulling it down, you'll see "choose input method." Tap it and choose your keyboard of preference. The keyboard must be activated under settings to show up in the list.
    Thanked by:
    koam 
    koam likes this.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oehrensperger View Post
    Whenever your keyboard is up, a notification shows up on the tray. Pulling it down, you'll see "choose input method." Tap it and choose your keyboard of preference. The keyboard must be activated under settings to show up in the list.
    thanks

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

It's about the 5th time so far that the mic icon has disappeared from the stock keyboard.

Each time I've done a hard reboot to restore that mic to the keyboard for access to Google Voice Typing. This last time I did a quick restart and it restored the mic.

But the bug is that the mic keeps disappearing. It's not app-specific, the glitch is across all apps.

It does it even when the keyboard is the only input for the app, such as the stock messaging app.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I have the proximity sensor issue. This must be tied to brightness. My phone goes blank indoors when I make a call. You have to touch the power button to be able to hang up. I turned off the auto brightness and raised the brightness setting. The screen no longer goes blank but the proximity sensor does not work. With the phone in bright sunlight and auto-brightness set the proximity sensor works normally.

bryan

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BDHender View Post
    I have the proximity sensor issue. This must be tied to brightness. My phone goes blank indoors when I make a call. You have to touch the power button to be able to hang up. I turned off the auto brightness and raised the brightness setting. The screen no longer goes blank but the proximity sensor does not work. With the phone in bright sunlight and auto-brightness set the proximity sensor works normally.

bryan
    Yes, exactly. It only works in bright areas/rooms. Fix needed from HTC

Global Posts
    2,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks544 View Post
    annoying change: power/battery usage report now doesn't show the display usage! the # 1 battery using thing.
    Battery after JB

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    Similar problem here.
    Just hit the power button.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast