Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.
    To be fair, the majority of posts are duplicates. And several things mentioned here aren't considered "bugs". I personally have had no issues whatsoever with the update. I feel like I have a new phone! It's working better than it did on ICS.

I have a new bug (I think). I had my phone charging overnight, and when I unplugged it this morning, the red charging led stayed on, and the battery icon in the task bar showed the charging lightning bolt, even though the phone was fully charged. I tried re-plugging and unplugging the charger, but I couldn't get it to change until I did a restart. Not sure if this is a one time thing, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

thanks.thatwasagoodthread. Damn missing auto space!

I'd like to offer my experience, I've had none of the issues pointed out here except the new power saver in the drop down shade "feature". No issue with streaming music, no touch weirdness...in fact, I'm seeing increased performance across the board in applications and navigation. Perspective is always hinged on your experience...mine has been positive this far.

Jack

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Fyi I have the proximity /phone call bug. No biggie,, I can live with it until the fix comes. I rather have this little bug than the contacts bug and that seems to be fixed. I probably make 2 phone calls a month on this lol, seriously. Everyone knows to text me and not call me, I hate talking on the phone.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

When in the car app streaming audio through blue tooth and using navigation the music is skipping like crazy. Had a few crashes too.

Slackerjack, I haven't encountered much in the way of issues either. I haven't noticed a change in performance, but I wasn't having problems in that area before. So, for me, having a couple small issues is not enough to doom the whole update, but I realize some people are having bigger issues.

Here's my experience so far:
    - My MHL adapter wouldn't work when I first tried it, but I eventually figured out that the power adapter needs to be plugged into the adapter. Before then update, the extra power wasn't required.
    - The camera noises can't be turned off. The only current workaround is to plug in headphones (or just a plug). It's not a big issue for me, but it definitely can be for others. And you never know when it might become an issue, since there are multiple scenarios where you might legitimately need to take pictures silently (not creepshots!).
    - The power saver setting always in the drop down is just a minor annoyance.
    - The charging bug with the led that I mentioned above occurred once, so I don't know if it will be a reoccurring problem.

So far, those are the only issues I've noticed. Out of those four, I've already solved one. The other three don't affect the use of the phone that much. Or at least they aren't preventing me from using my phone like before the update. The charging issue I could see as being a bigger problem down the line. I especially wouldn't want to have to restart my phone every time I take my phone off the charger. But overall, these issues aren't that bad. I did have an issue with wifi not connecting at work, where it would get into a connect/disconnect loop, but I haven't been able to check that yet to see if the update helped. But at the very least, my wifi hasn't gotten worse in any way that I can see. So my conclusions after only a couple days is that the update has a few issues, but nothing too big for me. I'll just have to wait and see how it continues to function.

Regarding wi-fi i was unable to connect to my d-link router. I tried every trick in the book and even a few that weren't and was still unable to connect to it. Drove me INSANE considering that both my Asus Transformer Prime tablet and the wife's Nexus, both on JB, had no problems except poor reception. Regardless they both worked and my Evo wouldn't. Purchased a Netgear router tonight and it worked like a charm with all devices receiving a strong steady signal. Sadly i cant report why d-link responds poorly or even not at all to the JB update, just that it doesn't!

And here is how to turn off that camera sound. Thanks to those who gave the idea to cut the headphone cord. This, and htc hub being gone are my only complaints. I feel like I have a new phone with Jelly Bean

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bugs in Jelly Bean-uploadfromtaptalk1355618016697.jpg  
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Ok: the phone thing bothered me with the screen but the voicemail REALLY bothers me.

Another thing I noticed. The phone storage. 4gb of other. What is that?! I keep getting a message that the phone storage is low and it prompts me to delete things to clear up space. I thought it was something left over so I wiped the phone and installed a backup of the og software. I went and looked at storage and it was good. So I upgraded again and then look at it. 4gb of other. The hell. I still have a few gb left which is more than enough but it keeps prompting me that it's low.

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    Can't turn off my camera shutter sound. Drives me INSANE. Help!

Press volume rocker button down to silent.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Press volume rocker button down to silent.
    doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    Agreed Andras. Proximity issue, It was a major problem before the previous update. HTC should have made sure it was fixed for this much anticipated jb update. I'm pissed off that I also have to restart phone for this annoying issue.
    With my friends EVO LTE,, the proximity sensor problem was caused by the Otter Box case and was fixed with the follow up ICS update. For those encountering the proximity sensor problem again, are you using a protection case?

You are right. When I use my Otterbox case, the proximity issue does happen occasionally. I have my cruzerlite on most of the time and I do not have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by delthor7 View Post
    Yes! Me too! Happened with the first call I tried to make and all consecutive after. This happened with my first EVO 4G LTE, so I got a replacement. I'm thinking this is hardware related? What do you think?

Likely to be your screen protector or case due to increased sensitivity. Was true with first ICS but follow up update to ICS made proximity sensor sensitive. Now reintroduced with Jelly Bean. If using a case with an integrated screen protector, see what happens if you remove the case.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I'm using an otterbox commuter. No where near the sensor. No screen protector.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Another thing I noticed. The phone storage. 4gb of other. What is that?
    Good question. I have no answer, though. I can't compare to before, since I don't usually pay it any mind and don't know what it used to be. I can confirm THIS Evo LTE also shows 4GB of "Other". (I really hate dumbed-down indicators like this, just creates more questions than answers).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

My battery life is running 6-8 hours, it was easy 18 hours before the update. For some reason maps eat 40-50% of the battery...and I haven't used maps since after the update...any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    My battery life is running 6-8 hours, it was easy 18 hours before the update. For some reason maps eat 40-50% of the battery...and I haven't used maps since after the update...any ideas?

Google Now uses maps a lot.

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PayneAether View Post
    Google Now uses maps a lot.

Yep, "Google [Spy] Now [And Always]" uses GPS a lot (how else will it be able to track where you are all the time?) but not sure why that would count as "Maps" usage. Maybe it hooks into API's of Maps?

In any case, try turning off "Google [Spy] Now" and see what happens... or at least turn off it's location history stuff and see.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I can say that having Google Now on but location history does help a lot with battery drain. It's almost as good as having it turned off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Yep, "Google [Spy] Now [And Always]" uses GPS a lot (how else will it be able to track where you are all the time?) but not sure why that would count as "Maps" usage. Maybe it hooks into API's of Maps?

In any case, try turning off "Google [Spy] Now" and see what happens... or at least turn off it's location history stuff and see.
    lmao whats your beef with google now? Spy lol

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curiousmileo View Post
    lmao whats your beef with google now? Spy lol
    What gave my feelings away?

Is there any browser that can get flash support on JB, Firefox and skyfire worked before the update but, they stopped after the update...

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    Is there any browser that can get flash support on JB, Firefox and skyfire worked before the update but, they stopped after the update...
    Works fine in Firefox. I have 11.1.115.27 installed. Had to reinstall it after the update because I guess it was removed or perhaps what was installed is too old or something. I have attached it to this message...
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast