Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    There are plenty of alternative widgets out there, though. It is annoying to lose something that was there before, however.
    The problem with the alternative contacts widgets is they require you to download a launcher program. I don't want a different launcher.....I just want a scrollable contacts widget. Does something like the HTC contacts widget exist?

Yeah I'm not experiencing any major issues. Love the smoothness and how responsive it is now. Voice to txt is much more accurate also. The jury is still out for the battery life thing. Sometimes it seems really good and sometimes it seems to drain faster regardless of what I'm doing. Power saver in the task bar doesn't bother me...... Don't really see what the big issue is with that.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Not sure if this was said before but can anyone find their sms draft messages? I'm either blind, dumb as or a combination of the two

Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    Not sure if this was said before but can anyone find their sms draft messages? I'm either blind, dumb as or a combination of the two

It looks like it only shows up if you have any drafts. In the messaging app from the all messages window go to menu/drafts and there they are.

And since you already said it I'll go with dumb :-)

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Last night after the Google Maps app update, I installed my local News channels app and my phone went unresponsive, after restarting several times and going unresponsive several times I factory reset....Only loaded Google apps so far, and swiftkey (can't live without it) , Left the connections optimizer on just to test with a clean phone, didn't uncheck any location settings, left wifi on and left gps on....7 hours and 53 minutes off charger and have 76% battery left....wow....

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Last night after the Google Maps app update, I installed my local News channels app and my phone went unresponsive, after restarting several times and going unresponsive several times I factory reset....Only loaded Google apps so far, and swiftkey (can't live without it) , Left the connections optimizer on just to test with a clean phone, didn't uncheck any location settings, left wifi on and left gps on....7 hours and 53 minutes off charger and have 76% battery left....wow....
    If you look at the battery thread the people getting 24+ battery life never turn their screens on and are pretty much always on wifi. So I'm not surprised you are getting great battery life with that set up. But the trick is actually using the phone, running all the apps you need/want and still getting decent (that's a relative term) battery life.

I couldn't find anything regarding this issue, so I'm making a new post. Over the last few days, I've noticed my wallpaper disappear, then reload. The phone is still fully functional during this time, only the wallpaper is black, which returns to normal after a bit. The wallpaper is a picture I took with another camera. The wallpaper seems to disappear after using an app and clearing it from the recent list, but I can't get a consistent reading on the occurrence.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    If you look at the battery thread the people getting 24+ battery life never turn their screens on and are pretty much always on wifi. So I'm not surprised you are getting great battery life with that set up. But the trick is actually using the phone, running all the apps you need/want and still getting decent (that's a relative term) battery life.
    I generally always got all day battery life..usually at this time I'd be around 60-65%..
    Point I was really making is that the Connections optimizer doesn't kill battery...It's been switching me between 3g and the weak wifi signal of the tattoo shop across the street....with no real drain
    Most of the apps I use that sync or do background stuff are Google apps that are installed already...
    And i've been texting and emailing with the phone just about as much as normal...
    Pretty much just wanted to post that I don't think the connections optimizer is as bad or the "battery killer" some think it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoktm View Post
    The problem with the alternative contacts widgets is they require you to download a launcher program. I don't want a different launcher.....I just want a scrollable contacts widget. Does something like the HTC contacts widget exist?
    Contacts? You mean the people in your contacts list? Thats the "people" widget isnt it?

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Of coarse mine is a launch day Evo so starting with a fresh reset probably couldn't have hurt

When I try to type into a input field that is at the bottom of a web page the keyboard pops up and covers the field so I can not see what I am typing.

I have been unable to get the quick controls in the browser to work after the update.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i think i found a new bug that i have not seen anyone mention yet

for some strange reason my GPS would automatically turn on and would drain my battery like it was it's job. this never happened pre-JB. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Are you using any apps that have granted GPS permission?

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Of coarse mine is a launch day Evo so starting with a fresh reset probably couldn't have hurt
    I don't see doing a factory reset before the update making any real difference. I would (and did) do the reset after the update. Get JB on there and then clear out anything left over from ICS

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Are you using any apps that have granted GPS permission?

um, i dont think so. the only apps i could think of, would be facebook/messenger app, google maps, and instagram

Quote Originally Posted by AetherJones View Post
    Contacts? You mean the people in your contacts list? Thats the "people" widget isnt it?

Yes, the people widget.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I don't see doing a factory reset before the update making any real difference. I would (and did) do the reset after the update. Get JB on there and then clear out anything left over from ICS
    Yes this was almost a week later I reset...phone seems way smoother now...will probably reset after any major update from here on..

Anyone else having this issue? The text keyboard initially pops up like this...I can temp fix it by minimizing it and bringing it back up, but it intermittently comes back during texting.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyZ34 View Post
    Anyone else having this issue? The text keyboard initially pops up like this...I can temp fix it by minimizing it and bringing it back up, but it intermittently comes back during texting.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psda425951.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps5b44c9fb.jpg
    No I can not say that I have or are having. This problem sorry.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoktm View Post
    Yes, the people widget.
    The people widget is still there.

Mercury81 likes this.

I had this happen... I don't think it started until I changed the backround in messages...

I eventually turned it back to white and soft reset .. haven't had the issue since

TommyZ34:

Yep, I started seeing that keyboard graphics glitch happen in some apps as soon as I enabled the arrow keys in keyboard options - the problem went away after disabling them again.

Can the EVO do two finger swipe down like on emails ? Like how you can do it on the galaxy s3 and nexus devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    I had the mic icon on the stock keyboard after JB update. Then it disappeared. Hard reboot of phone refreshed the mic onto the keyboard allowing me to use Google Voice Typing in the messaging app, chrome, gmail, etc. If that doesn't work, hard reboot again a few times.
    By hard reboot, do you mean a factory reset or a press and hold power button until the 3 second count down for a restart? Thanks for the help.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i think i found another bug.

whenever i hard reboot my phone, battery drops about 20%. anyone else have this problem?
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast