Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Turn off FAST BOOT and every restart/reboot will be a real ("hard") reboot. Go into Settings-> Power-> Fast Boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by puch96 View Post
    Anyone having issues with navigation? I tried today and everytime it kept crashing....
    My navigation loses maps, sometimes continues to operate with voice commands. Have rebooted with fast boot off.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?
    Edit: figured out it was because I didn't disable autoretreive MMS in stock.
    Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Cyrene; 12-22-2012 at 12:31 AM.

>Coyote... Thought I was the only one. First thing I noticed was JB "broke" The WIFI I used to download it. Tried everything you mentioned with same result. Also, I can no longer Syn my Contacts. Few other small issues. Be thrilled just to get my WIFI and contact sync back.

Joebob, Thanks for the Fastboot tip but mine isn't on...Any other ideas?

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Wallpaper and keyboard reset to default settings when I turn off phone

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

No LTE in my area yet, and now my WIFI is broken (works fine on laptop and Smart LG TV). At this point I'd be happy to return to ICS. FWIW, I use Camera FX so no shutter sound issues, and great pics.
    HOW IN HELL CAN IT BREAK THE WIFI? Get a whopping 1.5mg download with 3G.. If I'm lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by rtfloneo1 View Post
    No LTE in my area yet, and now my WIFI is broken (works fine on laptop and Smart LG TV). At this point I'd be happy to return to ICS. FWIW, I use Camera FX so no shutter sound issues, and great pics.
    HOW IN HELL CAN IT BREAK THE WIFI? Get a whopping 1.5mg download with 3G.. If I'm lucky!
    Could be router settings or dlna auto ip (make sure it's unchecked)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I've had the proximity sensor issues, but last night, my keyboard crashed after I messed with the keyboard settings. I had to do a simulated battery pull to get that resolved and I hope it doesn't happen again. Its quite annoying.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I just noticed that the option to install apps from untrusted sources is on by default after the update to JB.

Does anybody have an issuee trying to open apps and it pops open well then closes up again if so any solution for this please help help

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by norbz View Post
    Does anybody have an issuee trying to open apps and it pops open well then closes up again if so any solution for this please help help

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Did you try going into settings, apps, select app giving trouble, clear cache, reset default, reboot phone see if it works.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

The Navigation app locked up/stopped responding twice today while driving on a trip in unfamiliar territory. Not happy!!!!

What version of jelly bean? 4.1? 4.1.2? 4.2? 4.2.1? And what device? (There are carrier and OEM modifications on most of them) I haven't had any problems on my nexus 4 running the newest version of android (jellybean 4.2.1)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post
    What version of jelly bean? 4.1? 4.1.2? 4.2? 4.2.1? And what device? (There are carrier and OEM modifications on most of them) I haven't had any problems on my nexus 4 running the newest version of android (jellybean 4.2.1)

The evo got 4.1.1

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Noticed after update.
    When I receive email to the sync Hotmail Accts.

Notification shows up in status bar, this is normal. However, when selecting it from the notification bar app opens the actual email vs just going into that email acct. Anyone know how to change this?

Twice my stock alarm has failed. This morning, I heard it play one note then shut off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post

>mattatwar1 My buddy has a Nexus as well and was updated to 4.2 two months ago. You have a straight Google phone and the carrier isn't in the way on these updates. They come right from Google. I'm with Sprint, and just now got 4.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    Could be router settings or dlna auto ip (make sure it's unchecked)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Checked everything I could think of including my router settings trying to get my WIFI back. Finally went in to settings and unchecked the DLNA, and KMA, WIFI is working again. Still can't my Google contacts to sync up though everything else will. Called Sprint about a different issue, and after demanding to speak to upper level tech, was told the Sprint stores have a program called "mobile sync" that backs up and restores all your apps after they do a hard reset. Told him I'd been in Sprint stores all over the country, and their answer to any issue is "Do a hard reset". When I asked if they were going to backup and restore all my downloaded apps after, every last one had the same answer:"Oh no, you have to do that". He said he was distressed to hear that as that's part of them doing a hard reset. Told him their stores must not have gotten that memo! I'm going into a Sprint store after Christmas, and demand a hard reset, a fresh install of Jelly Bean, and all my downloads restored! Sorry for such a long reply, guys. Thanks again for the DLNA tip - restored my WIFI at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I consistently get "messages have stopped working" when receiving MMS. I'm using Chomp, but I get the message if I open with stock as well. I'm not rooted and I did a factory reset 3 days ago. Anyone else having this issue?
    Edit: figured out it was because I didn't disable autoretreive MMS in stock.

I've gotten the same stopped working message about SwiftKey 3 and several other apps. Because Android is open source many third party apps don't get ported over in time to work with these new versions of the OS, and have problems. Same holds true with many carrier installed apps that aren't from Google. Even the Google apps aren't bug free even though it's their new OS! They sanitize the new OS to a point, and let the customer be the guinea pig "Beta Testers". We deserve better!

I've gotten the same stopped working message about SwiftKey 3 and several other apps. Because Android is open source many third party apps don't get ported over in time to work with these new versions of the OS, and have problems. Same holds true with many carrier installed apps that aren't from Google. Even the Google apps aren't bug free even though it's their new OS! They sanitize the new OS to a point, and let the customer be the guinea pig "Beta Testers". We deserve better!
    Are you on a nexus device? And the app maker is responsible for making it work properly

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    Twice my stock alarm has failed. This morning, I heard it play one note then shut off. Has this happened to anyone else?

Mine has not been waking me lately, thought i was just sleeping through it...when I wake there is an alarm notification in left side of top bar asking to snooze or dismiss...thats why I thought I was sleeping through it...maybe not though

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I truly believe when an os gets a major update with different features and features removed from previous versions, just like when you uninstall an app there is code and "stuff" left behind..Ever uninstall an app and see a folder with name of the app left behind while looking through your sd card? I had some screen freeze issues about 5 days after this update, did a factory reset and sofar only installed apps I use (as I need them been installing them) and since I have have had zero issues, everything working as it should, battery life got even better (at end of day I have 10-15 percent more battery than before) this has been the fastest best phone I have owned to date....and my swiftkey 3 has been flawless also..I don't think we are "beta testers" but I'm betting when they are testing an update for bugs before release, they probably do a "clean install" and probably don't have a bunch of 3rd party apps on the phone...
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast