Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I truly believe when an os gets a major update with different features and features removed from previous versions, just like when you uninstall an app there is code and "stuff" left behind..Ever uninstall an app and see a folder with name of the app left behind while looking through your sd card? I had some screen freeze issues about 5 days after this update, did a factory reset and sofar only installed apps I use (as I need them been installing them) and since I have have had zero issues, everything working as it should, battery life got even better (at end of day I have 10-15 percent more battery than before) this has been the fastest best phone I have owned to date....and my swiftkey 3 has been flawless also..I don't think we are "beta testers" but I'm betting when they are testing an update for bugs before release, they probably do a "clean install" and probably don't have a bunch of 3rd party apps on the phone...
    There are problems with carrier additions and OEM additions/updates

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Did you try going into settings, apps, select app giving trouble, clear cache, reset default, reboot phone see if it works.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Good suggestions.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mattatwar1 View Post
    There are problems with carrier additions and OEM additions/updates

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Maybe I'm just lucky, but since factory reset I've not had any issues with either...
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Found yet another bug I haven't seen mentioned. When using the HTC keyboard, it will "click" and vibrate with each key entered... EXCEPT the spacebar, which will not click but will vibrate. Stupid and confusing.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

The only bug I have since update is the accelerometer issue. Does not bother me because I rarely use the phone function. I know, weird right? I hate talking on the phone and never answer my phone. People who know me know to text me. Alarms are working,, Swiftkey flow is working, no crashes. Just the one bug.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Found yet another bug I haven't seen mentioned. When using the HTC keyboard, it will "click" and vibrate with each key entered... EXCEPT the spacebar, which will not click but will vibrate. Stupid and confusing.
    Hmm, it went back to normal after a reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    The only bug I have since update is the accelerometer issue. Does not bother me because I rarely use the phone function.
    I think you mean the proximity sensor, not the accelerometer.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    zmann 

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Page 22... Haven't read any of this but my 2 cents: My phone sucks sense the update!

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Not sure if it's been mentioned but when you ask Google Now, "what song is this?" it shows "listening" then immediately crashes. Also HTC didn't enable the voice "turn on wifi/bluetooth" in Google Now.

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

I think ill wait till the next update, is jb really worth it with all these bugs?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post
    I think ill wait till the next update, is jb really worth it with all these bugs?
    Well, that depends.
    Keep in mind that all releases, including whatever you are using now, have bugs or issues. That is the nature of all software. If you add up all those [valid] issues and look at them and compare them to all the [valid] issues on this release, is it any worse? Hard to say. Keep in mind my word "valid", there are lots of things in threads that are not confirmed, remain as problems from previous updates, are rare, or are not the fault of the update (for example- compatibility with apps, or a user's particular configuration or even misunderstanding of a change).

There are a LOT of very nice things about the JB update. It will be far better when some fixes come out. If you are comfortable and happy with what you have now, there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting. Nobody will chastise you (well, I certainly wouldn't).

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Well, that depends.
    Keep in mind that all releases, including whatever you are using now, have bugs or issues. That is the nature of all software. If you add up all those [valid] issues and look at them and compare them to all the [valid] issues on this release, is it any worse? Hard to say. Keep in mind my word "valid", there are lots of things in threads that are not confirmed, remain as problems from previous updates, are rare, or are not the fault of the update (for example- compatibility with apps, or a user's particular configuration or even misunderstanding of a change).

There are a LOT of very nice things about the JB update. It will be far better when some fixes come out. If you are comfortable and happy with what you have now, there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting. Nobody will chastise you (well, I certainly wouldn't).
    Thanks for reply, to be honest I see no bugs with mine except for loading contacts witch seem to be ok this past week and blurt indoor vids when I move lol
    I wish there was a thread showing what new stuff you get with jb it seems like the info is all over the place.

get in da mix

But I think one thing we can all agree on is, finally the multitasking has hugely improved!! For instance I did some calculations on the calculator, and even restarted my phone. Then later in the day much later opened the calculator and the last result was still there! That made me so happy :-) ok, carry on with the bugs lol

( not sure if anyone mentioned that, lol)
    Mikey47 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zqual View Post
    But I think one thing we can all agree on is, finally the multitasking has hugely improved!! For instance I did some calculations on the calculator, and even restarted my phone. Then later in the day much later opened the calculator and the last result was still there! That made me so happy :-) ok, carry on with the bugs lol

( not sure if anyone mentioned that, lol)
    That's for sure!! Way, way improved!

Quote Originally Posted by djjeffa View Post
    Thanks for reply, to be honest I see no bugs with mine except for loading contacts witch seem to be ok this past week and blurt indoor vids when I move lol
    I wish there was a thread showing what new stuff you get with jb it seems like the info is all over the place.

here is something from android

Thanked by 3:
    crxssi likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #540  

Had to reboot several times over the holiday weekend. Never rebooted under ICS. Phone seems to "hang-up" more now and it's getting very annoying (Starting to remind me of that crappy Palm Pre I had a few years back) Really don't want to do a factory reset, and waste all that time reinstalling all my accounts and apps, but I fear thats where I'm headed. If this keeps up I'll be going to the Dark Side like my wife did and get an iPhone 5. Honestly she uses that crap out of her phone and NEVER has a problem.......HUMMMM something to be said for that.

I'll say it: I want my ICS back! I hope some fixes are forthcoming.
    bmatlosz likes this.

Not to repeat myself, but I found a few apps not working properly. I used advice of developer. They suggested clearing cache and default from apps . Go to settings, individual app , select clear default , clear cache. Beat resetting entire phone and all its well. Definately worth a try.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mysticaly4u View Post
    here is something from android

A lot of the features listed in that article do not apply to the EVO LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoktm View Post
    A lot of the features listed in that article do not apply to the EVO LTE.
    I did a factory reset today to alleviate poor battery life. I'll respond soon with an update.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Well, looks like they are still turning off the network or suspending operations moments after the screen goes off, AGAIN. I have been trying FOR AN HOUR to download some offline maps for Google Maps. It is 61MB and Google's servers are being slow about it (which is not unusual for some reason with this operation). So I have to keep touching the screen over and over again to keep the phone awake or it will pause the download. Wait a little longer and it starts all over again. Extremely irritating. Last time I got to 99% and didn't keep it awake at the tail part and it started all over again.

I have power saver OFF.
    I have keep WiFi On ON.

Well, looks like they are still turning off the network or suspending operations moments after the screen goes off, AGAIN. I have been trying FOR AN HOUR to download some offline maps for Google Maps. It is 61MB and Google's servers are being slow about it (which is not unusual for some reason with this operation). So I have to keep touching the screen over and over again to keep the phone awake or it will pause the download. Wait a little longer and it starts all over again. Extremely irritating. Last time I got to 99% and didn't keep it awake at the tail part and it started all over again.

I have power saver OFF.
    I have keep WiFi On ON.

I think this is a gmaps bug and not the EVO. When the map cache came out for Google Maps, I tried it on my Nexus 7 and had similar problems. Haven't tried it since, but I will when I'm around the N7 and let you know if that's the issue.
    Last edited by gregisonfire; 12-27-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Forgot the Quote!

Hmm, it went back to normal after a reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean the proximity sensor, not the accelerometer.
    Wow thanks,, must have been hitting the egg nogg to hard that day lol the proximity sensor just made me so angry. I was on a important call and I needed to retrieve a number from my phone during the call. Every time I turned on the screen via the button,, I would try to tap screen to go to contacts app and the screen would shut off. I did this over and over until I wanted to toss the phone through a window,,, almost did. I very rarely make calls and this bug did not bother me until today.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Wow thanks,, must have been hitting the egg nogg to hard that day lol the proximity sensor just made me so angry. I was on a important call and I needed to retrieve a number from my phone during the call. Every time I turned on the screen via the button,, I would try to tap screen to go to contacts app and the screen would shut off. I did this over and over until I wanted to toss the phone through a window,,, almost did. I very rarely make calls and this bug did not bother me until today.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    Only advice I could give if this happens again before we get a fix is to very quickly switch to speakerphone.
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    delthor7, zmann and Mercury81 like this.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Finally talked to HTC about the following issues since JB update
    1. Proximity Sensor
    2. Voicemail Screen going black
    3. Google Maps/Nav Crashing

They will not acknowledge these are known issues. They deny deny deny.
    Their answer?
    Wipe cache Did not work
    Safe Mode Did not work
    Factory Reset Did not work

Great! Good bye HTC

Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    Finally talked to HTC about the following issues since JB update
    1. Proximity Sensor
    2. Voicemail Screen going black
    3. Google Maps/Nav Crashing

They will not acknowledge these are known issues. They deny deny deny.
    Their answer?
    Wipe cache Did not work
    Safe Mode Did not work
    Factory Reset Did not work

Great! Good bye HTC
    Weird. Whom exactly did you speak to. I spoke to someone in their escalations department the other day. I had already gone through the other suggested process of wiping cache, safe mode, factory reset so they advanced my ticket to a higher priority. I was specifically asking them about the proximity sensor issue(which I assume is one in the same with the voicemail issue being as it is phone call related), they fully acknowledged that this is an issue and that they are working on it. The rep went so far as to say they are trying to find a fix that the users may be able to do themselves with a set of instructions and if not it will be released in a future maintenance release.

I do have a question about people with the navigation issue though. How many people actually hard reset and wiped the phones cache on their phones and DID NOT put any app whatsoever on their phones before verifying that navigation was crashing( I hard reset and wiped my phone cache several times without putting ANY apps on my phone to check that my proximity sensor issue wasn't app related)? I'm not trying to be presumptuous here as I myself swore up and down I was in the camp of the nav crashing group. In my case I was able to pinpoint that using an Equalizer app was causing my navigation to crash among many other issues. Actually 2 equalizer apps gave me issues with navigation but one went far worse than the other

Personally I believe there are many many apps out there right now that aren't working correctly on our phones just yet and are causing many issues people are having. Just this one app was causing my music to skip when driving with the navigation maps open and on the screen, was crashing navigation, voice search, Google Now, voice dialing, force closing itself, completely locking my phone up. I unistalled the app, phone worked great for a day, reinstalled the app, and all the issues came back. And this was an app that worked just fine on ICS Just my two cents.