Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Weird. Whom exactly did you speak to.
    +1. His response sounded like it was from some front-line, first-responder, nobody "tech". Granted, getting such a response from ANYONE at HTC is unacceptable (saying they never heard of something that obviously they have).

YOUR response sounded exactly like mine (I verbally spoke to escalations). They know very well the problem exists and are working to fix it.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Default Clearing Cache Partition

Quote Originally Posted by BroadcastJunkie View Post
    there is no more option for clearing all cache in the storage options. also, removed google music and groove shark. both of which don't work. google music will play music locally but as soon as its from the cloud it crashes. its like streaming media is dead
    You're right - there's no setting to clear all cache in storage. Been using an app on Play Store for several years that does that with one click - App2SD.

I called HTC tech support for the hell of it on Christmas Day, and spoke with a very sharp lady about some issues. The first thing she recommended was logging into the Bootloader menu, and clearing the "Cache Partition" (assuming all know how to access the Bootloader menu). Then reboot the phone.
    Said this usually solved most problems. Interestingly, she said a "Hard Reset" was something they recommended only as a last resort. That's normally the stock advice from the carrier.
    I cleared the Cache Partition and it solved the majority of my issues.

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Default Re: Clearing Cache Partition

Quote Originally Posted by rtfloneo1 View Post
    I called HTC tech support for the hell of it on Christmas Day, and spoke with a very sharp lady about some issues. The first thing she recommended was logging into the Bootloader menu, and clearing the "Cache Partition" (assuming all know how to access the Bootloader menu). Then reboot the phone. Said this usually solved most problems. I cleared the Cache Partition and it solved the majority of my issues.
    Interesting! I have been doing this Android thing for quite a while. I have never heard of clearing the cache partition. It is nice to have another troubleshooting option, especially one that has no negatives attached to it.

Android Partitions Explained: boot, system, recovery, data, cache & misc
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I attempted to clear the cache partition, but I'm not sure what I did. Rebooted phone, held Vol Down and Power. Got white screen with boot menu. Went down o Recovery, pressed Power button to select it. The screen went to a triagle with red exclamation point and sat there for 5 min, then the phone rebooted. Everythng (data, etc) came back up normal.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfish View Post
    I attempted to clear the cache partition, but I'm not sure what I did. Rebooted phone, held Vol Down and Power. Got white screen with boot menu. Went down o Recovery, pressed Power button to select it. The screen went to a triagle with red exclamation point and sat there for 5 min, then the phone rebooted. Everythng (data, etc) came back up normal.
    As soon as that triangle comes up you need to hold the volume up button then press the power button. It'll give you the options to clear the partition and reboot into recovery.
    Thanked by:
    crxssi 

All my screenshots I send through texts are blurry now since the update. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    Wallpaper and keyboard reset to default settings when I turn off phone

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
    getting worse now it resetting to default wallpaper and keyboard while using phone

this update sux!!!

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

No one else is getting choppy scrolling on the homepage?

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541#WP View Post
    No one else is getting choppy scrolling on the homepage?
    Sure doesn't seem like it's widespread anyway...

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I'm pissed off beyond words now.. I don't usually complain and trust me I like my EVO LTE.. This has become such a big problem for me for issues that have no fix or work around.
    The proximity sensor... How can I be on the phone with a client and mute calls or hangup or multi task when the screen is blank?!
    The mms compression issue.. How can I send screen shots of my orders to customers through mms when it's not readable?!
    I tried go sms which I hate but I have had no luck.. I have tried some work arounds so I'm not here to just complain. I've searched for any news on a fix and no word any where...

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Ok some say the update sucks others like it from what I'm reading it seems like the update makes stuff smoother and had a few disabled add ons for special need people but vs all the so called bugs I think ill wait as far as the msg compression I wouldn't be surprised if it was something sprint did to cut down on data traffic just like they are trying to force WiFi on all the time lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    get in da mix

You guys should go straight to the source and let know HTC know of the bugs by emailing them. I did with a bunch of bugs and they are willing to listen. And then hopefully they will send out a SUPER AWESOME UPDATE that will make all of us happy!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/contact-us
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

I'm having trouble android beam, here's the problem. My HTC Evo Lte Can Send Pictures to My Girlfriends HTC Evo Lte Using The Android Beam, But When I try to recieve one it does recognize and receives the beam and loads 100% but then says beam did not complete. I've tried turning beam off then on, updating prl and profile, turning phone off and on, even holding the phones together thru the entire process.
    I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might have.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zqual View Post
    You guys should go straight to the source and let know HTC know of the bugs by emailing them. I did with a bunch of bugs and they are willing to listen. And then hopefully they will send out a SUPER AWESOME UPDATE that will make all of us happy!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/contact-us
    Thank you for the link directly to HTC.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Thank you for the link directly to HTC.
    I realize I don't post in every thread, but I have posted dozens of times in THIS thread and the link has been in my signature of every post for many months...
    balansboy likes this.

I finally decided to do a full reset on my phone last night. While reinstalling my apps I left a few apps off that Carot was saying as running in the background/foreground. Battery life seems to be better (at least standby time, I haven't used my phone much today).

I'm wondering if the battery issue is due to the JB update having done something that causes rouge apps to fetch data more often than they where before?

I haven't tested how much standby time I have while the phone is in power saver mode, but I do know I burned though the battery at 35% in less than 2 hours after the update before wiping the phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Hello semperfi22

I am also facing problems when connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 using a mhl/hdmi adapter along with a 5 pin to 11 pin converter. On connecting, the display keeps blinking after every 5-10 seconds. It used to work fine before the jelly bean update. Did you find a solution to this?

Quote Originally Posted by fastcz5 View Post
    Hello semperfi22

I am also facing problems when connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 using a mhl/hdmi adapter along with a 5 pin to 11 pin converter. On connecting, the display keeps blinking after every 5-10 seconds. It used to work fine before the jelly bean update. Did you find a solution to this?
    Probably have better luck in a s3 forum,, this is a HTC evo forum.

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk HD
    love my evo.

I did a hard reset on my phone a few days ago. Now I'm noticing that text message notifications aren't showing up in the lock screen (The Sense lock screen customization for productivity, there is still a notification in the notifications bar though). Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    I did a hard reset on my phone a few days ago. Now I'm noticing that text message notifications aren't showing up in the lock screen (The Sense lock screen customization for productivity, there is still a notification in the notifications bar though). Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix for it?
    I use that lock screen also and I've found it works more consistently than it did with ics

I've noticed over the past few days that my battery life is returning to normal and I have not done anything as far as resetting is concerned. Yesterday, I was on Facebook a lot through the day, watched YouTube videos etc and still had 30% battery after 13 hours. After the update, I would be lucky to get 5 or 6 hours with the same type of use.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

I'm curious, but I was wondering if the problems we'rehaving with JB is due to an older build getting pushed out?

I noticed on the boot menu, the date listed is Oct. 18 2012. Now I'm not to falimar with the numbers in the various menus, but is this the build date of the version of JB that was sent out?

If so it's over two months old and I'd be curious if this is the same build date that was released on the ONE X.

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    I'm curious, but I was wondering if the problems we'rehaving with JB is due to an older build getting pushed out?

I noticed on the boot menu, the date listed is Oct. 18 2012. Now I'm not to falimar with the numbers in the various menus, but is this the build date of the version of JB that was sent out?

If so it's over two months old and I'd be curious if this is the same build date that was released on the ONE X.

You know, I was rooting my phone yesterday and noticed that and was wondering the same thing. I had the proximity sensor issue with the JB update.

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    You know, I was rooting my phone yesterday and noticed that and was wondering the same thing. I had the proximity sensor issue with the JB update.
    Considering we where told that the EVO LTE version of JB was pushed back a few weeks later than the ONE X for some improvements, if this is the build date, it does make sense at all and might explain a lot. Like I said though, I'm not familiar with the information that is presented in the hboot menu, so maybe someone else with more knowledge can fill us in?
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425 LastLast