Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    This has worked,, thanks dude,, thank you very much

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    Yeah, i had a phone interview and had to use 3g to sync my google voice. hopefully others figure this out too.

Dude,, I was mad,,,, I hate not being able to fix something. Thanks a bunch,, great post,, I'm sure it will help many people.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

My wife downloaded and started install. She gets an "update corrupt" message and the phone is in lock mode. Have no clue what the code is! Can only do emergency calls! Help!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

found a new problem.

if you set your lock screen style to music, your lock screen like spazzes out. here is a video of it:

won't connect to my home wi-fi. doesn't matter what I do. Forget network then add again, etc... Anybody else seeing wifi bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by elfuego View Post
    won't connect to my home wi-fi. doesn't matter what I do. Forget network then add again, etc... Anybody else seeing wifi bugs?
    Disable dlna auto ip in advanced wifi settings

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Proximity issue is back. Ulg =(

Did you uncheck the box in wifi settings like worked for me? Dlna auto ip. It is in advanced settings in wifi,, if it's checked uncheck it. Edit :sorry game addict,,, your reply was not there yet when I was editing mine. You the man with the plan anyway

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Did you uncheck the box in wifi settings like worked for me? Dlna auto ip. It is in advanced settings in wifi,, if it's checked uncheck it. Edit :sorry game addict,,, your reply was not there yet when I was editing mine. You the man with the plan anyway

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    It was unchecked by default. Phone updated at work ok, and work wifi was on as before update. once I got home, it did recognize the wifi for a minute and then went away. It scans the usual networks from my neighbors. Maybe my router. One of my kids has been complaining that his ipod is flaky on our wifi. But why no problems before update?? who knows. May end up buying a router in a few days to trouble shoot. On the bright side, I get full LTE in my house so it won't affect me much. It will just challenge the unlimited data concept for now

This a bug in general? Is not specific to jelly bean but thought this would be fixed today but it's not. Chrome app doesn't show up on my lockscreen.

!?

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

It was unchecked by default. Phone updated at work ok, and work wifi was on as before update. once I got home, it did recognize the wifi for a minute and then went away. It scans the usual networks from my neighbors. Maybe my router. One of my kids has been complaining that his ipod is flaky on our wifi. But why no problems before update?? who knows. May end up buying a router in a few days to trouble shoot. On the bright side, I get full LTE in my house so it won't affect me much. It will just challenge the unlimited data concept for now
    could be a simple ip conflict - occam's razor- sometimes simplest is best- try unplugging and replugging the router....

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

The Microphone icon on the period key on the stock HTC keyboard has disappeared for me so I can no longer access Google Voice Typing. Need help.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    From the BAW forums:
    That did it for me too. Thanks a bunch

Disable dlna auto ip in advanced wifi settings

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    DLNA was never selected on mine. So i did select it, waited a second, de-selected it and still nothing.
    My device will connect to my other WiFI router and sees a few of my neighbors in my apt complex so WiFi in general is working but the original network it was connected to when it downloaded no longer is visible. I also selected Forget to try to re-enable it however scan doesnt find it.
    I also verified this with WiFI analyzer app, that app does not see the SSID.

Maybe its not seeing Channel 6 on 2.5ghz.??
    thats the only thing i can think of, or it doesnt like DLink..
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coyoterogue View Post
    So far its been so buttery smooth and awesome since updating. Only issue, and a big one to me, is I can no longer connect or even find my home wi-fi. The same wi-fi I used pre-update to download the update! Resetting phone in different ways, resetting router, mucking with router settings, and more to no avail, it cannot find my router despite everything else wireless in the house can. Even tried manually putting the router info in the phone but never says in range. Its able to find all the other many routers in this neighborhood, but not the one I used to download the update. Very saddening. Hope it decides to remember.
    I had the same issue with no WiFi routing even though it said that I was connected to WiFi. I hard rebooted my phone several times (hold down power for 15 seconds or so) That eventually fixed the WiFi problem.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I used Car Home Ultra (paid version) on the way home, have been using it for months- I have 3 of the icons set as media controllers-, i.e skip back, play/pause, and skip forward- it has always controlled the last player used- in my case always Doggcatcher- now if I'm already listening to podcasts and hit the controller it launches the Google Player, when I disable Google Player, it launches Google Music- pretty much everything but Doggcatcher-
    Don't know if it's a Car Home issue or a Doggcatcher issue- anyone else having anything like this with any audio apps?

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Hard reboot phone several times to fix WiFi.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    The Microphone icon on the period key on the stock HTC keyboard has disappeared for me so I can no longer access Google Voice Typing. Need help.
    Hard reboot fixed the disappearance of the mic icon and re-established Google Voice Typing. It was the only thing that fixed it. Same method fixed vexing WiFi problem after JB update.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NDchem2014 View Post
    This makes me incredibly sad. Do we have to use Google Now to send a text via speech to text now?
    I had the mic icon on the stock keyboard after JB update. Then it disappeared. Hard reboot of phone refreshed the mic onto the keyboard allowing me to use Google Voice Typing in the messaging app, chrome, gmail, etc. If that doesn't work, hard reboot again a few times.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marksr View Post
    ok- figured it out - my google calendar was stuck in continuous sync, I shut sync, turned it back on, and so far we seem ok-
    I had the sync circle arrows icon in my status bar for an hour or two after JB update. System was laggy during that time. I don't even have auto syncing on and only have weather set to sync in background...nevertheless, after installing JB it seems like it need to do some kind of sync activity for an extended period.

From the BAW forums:
    Mine was unchecked by default. Turned it on, waited a few minutes, then turned it off. Still no go. Oddly it will tease me after I tell it to forget it by showing it appear, but when I select it and put in my wi-fi password, it just goes to "Not in range" area.

Also using a D-link router. Really hoping it resolves. Not in a 4g neighborhood.

My Swiftkey talk to text works great.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    sasha likes this.

I have a D-link also. so you may be on to something here

Just updated. Sense has been loading for the last 15 minutes. Anyone else have this bug?

I've used my phone alot since the update and have no complaints. After I downloaded the update I done a factory reset right after. All my apps work fine and battery life is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast