Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    You are going to have to do a factory reset!
    Before doing that, always try turning OFF FASTBOOT (stupid option should NEVER be on) then doing a reboot. If that doesn't fix it, then back out any questionable apps, especially ones that offer replacement "services" and reboot. As a last resort, factory reset/wipe.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Yeah, you might get hit by a meteor too, but probably not!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    or an OG EVO.

... But I downloaded it. No WiFi problems or anything really so far. My only main concern is the amount of CPU usage than before.

While the general speed of the phone seems as good or better, when I play Zynga's "Scramble with Friends" game, which worked fine before, now it's as if the phone can't keep up with my word selections and starts to drag (notably in the audio when you score words). It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's bad enough where I can't score as much as I previously did.

Rebooted, turned power save mode on and off, no change.

Anyone else play this game and have this problem?

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

I checked what was using my battery after just being off the charger for a short time and sitting idle for an hour. The top most used was 15% going to "FM Radio Widget". I find this fascinating, since I don't have that widget on my screens, anywhere, nor have I ever even used the FM Radio Widget- EVER, nor have I ever loaded the FM Radio app at all since the last reboot. Hmm...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by BroadcastJunkie View Post
    Its a bug, not having an option to remove that is clearly a bug. why should it be up there... maybe if power dropped to like 20% fine be up there. 100% plugged in and your still front and center... no, its clearly messed up. you have the HTC mentally alright.. it does muti task.. its just how HTC implemented it... ya you mean broke it haha
    Its not a bug, its a design flaw. Completely different. It is irrelevant that is there is no option to turn it off, simply because you dislike it.

As far as bugs go the only two I noticed are that when playing voicemail the screen goes black and there is no way to exit the message early. The back button is unresponsive to exit.

Also during calls the screen goes black as we'll like the phone is turned off. The accelerometer won't wake the screen when the phone is rotated and the tac buttons are unresponsive.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Select input options from the notification bar

Sent from my EVO

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Bugs on my phone I have since update:
    Proximity sensor problems
    Voicemail screen blacks out when listening on ear speaker
    Google nav freezes and crashes
    Handcent notification volume problem
    Handcent pop up screen timeout problem

Bugs so far.....

ROM
    Stock

I have not been able to replicate any issues. I saw the power save notification and turned it on and off and it disappeared. No proximity issues. Finds my wifi, Using thumb keyboard so still have the mic. Running smooth and no longer have the contacts issue. Loving it so far.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE
    zmann likes this.

One thing I loved about this phone was navigation. I'm going to reboot and see if it stops crashing.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am having no issues other than not being able to put my phone down. Shock and awe on how freaking fast this device is now and loving Google now. Hadley a card pop up telling me my package from amazon was shipped wow.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    sasha and AetherJones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I am having no issues other than not being able to put my phone down.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    Gotta agree. Been considering going to apple for the last couple weeks. But this update... If this is the direction android is going then ill never consider leaving again. Very fast and even more useful. The cards thing... Omg.

The keyboard glitch seems to be fixed. The microphone has come back on my phone. Is it like that for everyone else?

ROM
    stock

What happens if you disable the FM Radio widget?

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I checked what was using my battery after just being off the charger for a short time and sitting idle for an hour. The top most used was 15% going to "FM Radio Widget". I find this fascinating, since I don't have that widget on my screens, anywhere, nor have I ever even used the FM Radio Widget- EVER, nor have I ever loaded the FM Radio app at all since the last reboot. Hmm...

I did not even notice the keyboard mic glitch because I use Swiftkey..

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

The Home screen wallpaper used to glide left or right when flipping across the screens, it's locked in placed after JB update. Is there a way to make it slide back and forth like it used to?

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PayneAether View Post
    Very fast and even more useful. The cards thing... Omg.
    What is a "cards thing"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by illdini View Post
    What happens if you disable the FM Radio widget?
    I plan to do that if it shows up again in battery usage today.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock rom netarchy kernel

Everyone with bugs should really do a factory reset. I know it's a pain but, might help you.

MeanROM 4G LTE
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    Its not a bug, its a design flaw. Completely different. It is irrelevant that is there is no option to turn it off, simply because you dislike it.
    You are right, it is not a bug, it is a severe design flaw. Someone at HTC was smoking crack and decided that EVERY user MUST see the damn "Power saver" thing ALL the time, consuming 10% of the screen. And, just to add insult to injury, HTC and/or Sprint decided that we are not allowed to disable the app AND if you kill it, it just reappears a minute later.

I hope someone comes up with a non-root hack to hide/remove the damn thing!

Not sure if you can call it a bug but more of a feature loss, from storage settings you use to have options to clear app cache at various levels. For example, all app cache or just unused apps. This seems to be missing now with JB

I definitely notice a faster drop in battery. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it. I've had my phone off charger for an hour and I am already down to 89% Anyone else noticing this?

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

I just found out that in the stock Car app, the Music App section is not showing the apps that I placed there when the phone is docked.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitarfish View Post
    The Home screen wallpaper used to glide left or right when flipping across the screens, it's locked in placed after JB update. Is there a way to make it slide back and forth like it used to?
    It probably cannot since the home screens at the ends now go around to the other side when swiping left or right. The photo would need to reset.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    You are right, it is not a bug, it is a severe design flaw. Someone at HTC was smoking crack and decided that EVERY user MUST see the damn "Power saver" thing ALL the time, consuming 10% of the screen. And, just to add insult to injury, HTC and/or Sprint decided that we are not allowed to disable the app AND if you kill it, it just reappears a minute later.

I hope someone comes up with a non-root hack to hide/remove the damn thing!
    Every EVO user should send a message to both Sprint and HTC about that stupid thing.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

I updated last night. I have several folders on my home screen, and now have to touch the screen about a half inch above the folder (often touching the folder above it) to open it. Any ideas how to resolve this? I have rebooted several times and adjusted all of the screen options I could find. Thank you.

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
    Every EVO user should send a message to both Sprint and HTC about that stupid thing.
    I just did send them a message about it (and a few other things) right before I saw your message.

What is the point of having the ability to disable apps if they keep changing things to block us from disabling apps?
    Thanked by:
    dtreo 

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mwyow55 View Post
    I updated last night. I have several folders on my home screen, and now have to touch the screen about a half inch above the folder (often touching the folder above it) to open it. Any ideas how to resolve this? I have rebooted several times and adjusted all of the screen options I could find. Thank you.
    Several people have reported that. Try plopping a widget on top of them, which will force everything to move around. (PS, if you have not turned off "FAST BOOT", then you have never really rebooted; although I doubt rebooting will help with this, anyway).
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast