Bugs in Jelly Bean

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had no real issues with my phone since buying it at launch day. This update though has totally screwed my phone and I now know how many people have felt with the issues the past months. So far...it has already rebooted itself 3 times, the screen is turning off on it's own, the proximity issue is back but now worse as it takes restarting the phone to get the sensor to turn back off, apps are force closing when they didn't before, messages such as "bluetooth has been disconnected" do not leave the screen, I've had the red led come on for no reason and it took a restart to turn it off, so many issues with pressing the screen and nothing happening even after multiple presses. For the first time since having this phone, since the last time I used my old HTC Hero which I upgraded from to this one....I'm struggling to not throw my phone against the wall. I've waiting patiently/impatiently for JB but right now I'd kill to have ICS.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You are going to have to do a factory reset!

Before doing that, always try turning OFF FASTBOOT (stupid option should NEVER be on) then doing a reboot. If that doesn't fix it, then back out any questionable apps, especially ones that offer replacement "services" and reboot. As a last resort, factory reset/wipe.

carlsbadmike

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
While the general speed of the phone seems as good or better, when I play Zynga's "Scramble with Friends" game, which worked fine before, now it's as if the phone can't keep up with my word selections and starts to drag (notably in the audio when you score words). It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's bad enough where I can't score as much as I previously did.

Rebooted, turned power save mode on and off, no change.

Anyone else play this game and have this problem?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I checked what was using my battery after just being off the charger for a short time and sitting idle for an hour. The top most used was 15% going to "FM Radio Widget". I find this fascinating, since I don't have that widget on my screens, anywhere, nor have I ever even used the FM Radio Widget- EVER, nor have I ever loaded the FM Radio app at all since the last reboot. Hmm...

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Its a bug, not having an option to remove that is clearly a bug. why should it be up there... maybe if power dropped to like 20% fine be up there. 100% plugged in and your still front and center... no, its clearly messed up. you have the HTC mentally alright.. it does muti task.. its just how HTC implemented it... ya you mean broke it haha

Its not a bug, its a design flaw. Completely different. It is irrelevant that is there is no option to turn it off, simply because you dislike it.

As far as bugs go the only two I noticed are that when playing voicemail the screen goes black and there is no way to exit the message early. The back button is unresponsive to exit.

Also during calls the screen goes black as we'll like the phone is turned off. The accelerometer won't wake the screen when the phone is rotated and the tac buttons are unresponsive.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Bugs on my phone I have since update:
Proximity sensor problems
Voicemail screen blacks out when listening on ear speaker
Google nav freezes and crashes
Handcent notification volume problem
Handcent pop up screen timeout problem

Bugs so far.....

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to replicate any issues. I saw the power save notification and turned it on and off and it disappeared. No proximity issues. Finds my wifi, Using thumb keyboard so still have the mic. Running smooth and no longer have the contacts issue. Loving it so far.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

cr8rec

May 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing I loved about this phone was navigation. I'm going to reboot and see if it stops crashing.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having no issues other than not being able to put my phone down. Shock and awe on how freaking fast this device is now and loving Google now. Hadley a card pop up telling me my package from amazon was shipped wow.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance