Bugs in Jelly Bean

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I am having no issues other than not being able to put my phone down.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Gotta agree. Been considering going to apple for the last couple weeks. But this update... If this is the direction android is going then ill never consider leaving again. Very fast and even more useful. The cards thing... Omg.

The keyboard glitch seems to be fixed. The microphone has come back on my phone. Is it like that for everyone else?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What happens if you disable the FM Radio widget?

I checked what was using my battery after just being off the charger for a short time and sitting idle for an hour. The top most used was 15% going to "FM Radio Widget". I find this fascinating, since I don't have that widget on my screens, anywhere, nor have I ever even used the FM Radio Widget- EVER, nor have I ever loaded the FM Radio app at all since the last reboot. Hmm...

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The Home screen wallpaper used to glide left or right when flipping across the screens, it's locked in placed after JB update. Is there a way to make it slide back and forth like it used to?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Its not a bug, its a design flaw. Completely different. It is irrelevant that is there is no option to turn it off, simply because you dislike it.

You are right, it is not a bug, it is a severe design flaw. Someone at HTC was smoking crack and decided that EVERY user MUST see the damn "Power saver" thing ALL the time, consuming 10% of the screen. And, just to add insult to injury, HTC and/or Sprint decided that we are not allowed to disable the app AND if you kill it, it just reappears a minute later. :mad:

I hope someone comes up with a non-root hack to hide/remove the damn thing!

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you can call it a bug but more of a feature loss, from storage settings you use to have options to clear app cache at various levels. For example, all app cache or just unused apps. This seems to be missing now with JB

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I definitely notice a faster drop in battery. I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it. I've had my phone off charger for an hour and I am already down to 89% Anyone else noticing this?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just found out that in the stock Car app, the Music App section is not showing the apps that I placed there when the phone is docked.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The Home screen wallpaper used to glide left or right when flipping across the screens, it's locked in placed after JB update. Is there a way to make it slide back and forth like it used to?

It probably cannot since the home screens at the ends now go around to the other side when swiping left or right. The photo would need to reset.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
You are right, it is not a bug, it is a severe design flaw. Someone at HTC was smoking crack and decided that EVERY user MUST see the damn "Power saver" thing ALL the time, consuming 10% of the screen. And, just to add insult to injury, HTC and/or Sprint decided that we are not allowed to disable the app AND if you kill it, it just reappears a minute later. :mad:

I hope someone comes up with a non-root hack to hide/remove the damn thing!

Every EVO user should send a message to both Sprint and HTC about that stupid thing.

mwyow55

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night. I have several folders on my home screen, and now have to touch the screen about a half inch above the folder (often touching the folder above it) to open it. Any ideas how to resolve this? I have rebooted several times and adjusted all of the screen options I could find. Thank you.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Every EVO user should send a message to both Sprint and HTC about that stupid thing.

I just did send them a message about it (and a few other things) right before I saw your message.

What is the point of having the ability to disable apps if they keep changing things to block us from disabling apps?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I updated last night. I have several folders on my home screen, and now have to touch the screen about a half inch above the folder (often touching the folder above it) to open it. Any ideas how to resolve this? I have rebooted several times and adjusted all of the screen options I could find. Thank you.

Several people have reported that. Try plopping a widget on top of them, which will force everything to move around. (PS, if you have not turned off "FAST BOOT", then you have never really rebooted; although I doubt rebooting will help with this, anyway).

hakeem5000

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the mic on the 'period' key in stock. Looks as if you have to long press it.

I see that now, it was kinda hidden. Thanks for pointing it out!

This option is not available in the Swype keyboard, only the stock HTC keyboard. Not sure why Swype does not allow for voice to text anymore, disappointing.

I just noticed the mic is not visible on either keyboard sometimes, but available as an option with a long press on the period with the HTC stock keyboard. It's not always there though, this is frustrating because I often used the mic to dictate my texts. Now I'm not able to do that directly in the messaging app, this seems like an odd change.

Last edited:

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a D-link also. so you may be on to something here

Back at work this am. WiFi working perfectly. There is definitively an issue with the D-link and the phone. I've been able to connect to other routers without an issue. Will get a new router this weekend to troubleshoot at home

jerseypimp

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My heptic feedback is extremely soft for my home keys. I can feel it fine on everything other functions but when I hit my home, back, or recent apps keys I cant feel it.

mwyow55

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Several people have reported that. Try plopping a widget on top of them, which will force everything to move around. (PS, if you have not turned off "FAST BOOT", then you have never really rebooted; although I doubt rebooting will help with this, anyway).

Yes, I had turned off FAST BOOT. I read all of the postings in this thread before I posted and did not see this mentioned - is it posted in a different thread? Thanks.