Bugs in Jelly Bean

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Fyi, the connection optimizer is able to be disabled completely. Apps, menu, manage apps, all, connections optimizer, disable. It totally disappears from the menu. I tried this to fix the wifi issue but it had no effect so I reenabled it and turned it off in the menu. Bob

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The bugs, while few are far less problem to deal with than the issues pre-Jelly Bean. I am VERY happy to have updated and would not hesitate to do so if I were you.
I agree.....even after my phone was totally borked yesterday and it took two hard resets to fix it. Some things changed....but all in all I like what they've done(MOST ESPECIALLY GETTING RID OF NOTIFICATION ICONS!!!!). The only issue I have left is proximity sensor in low light.

coyoterogue

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
An update to my own Wi-Fi issue fun. Went through a factory reset, actually did it twice deciding to do it after fiddling with my DLink router settings.

After second factory reset, in the starting set up, after a few seconds of seeing every other router in the neighborhood but the one 6 feet away from it, my router miraculously appeared, I clicked it, punched in my info and was connected! Oh frabjous day! Aaaaaand, a few minutes later after I was done with initial setup, it went back to 3g because it says my router is too far away to find.

I really think it may be an issue with this update and DLink routers.

So now I begin the sad part of updating all my core apps and installing all my previous apps on a 3g connection. Whee.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
An update to my own Wi-Fi issue fun. Went through a factory reset, actually did it twice deciding to do it after fiddling with my DLink router settings.

After second factory reset, in the starting set up, after a few seconds of seeing every other router in the neighborhood but the one 6 feet away from it, my router miraculously appeared, I clicked it, punched in my info and was connected! Oh frabjous day! Aaaaaand, a few minutes later after I was done with initial setup, it went back to 3g because it says my router is too far away to find.

I really think it may be an issue with this update and DLink routers.

So now I begin the sad part of updating all my core apps and installing all my previous apps on a 3g connection. Whee.

You might want to at least first try fiddling with the settings on the wireless router. (Start with rebooting it if you haven't already). For example- turning off "N", changing authentication, turning off proprietary accelerators, stuff like that. Might be worth the time and help with troubleshooting. I don't know about there, but if I was stuck *ONLY* on Sprint's 3G, I would go insane (yes, it is that slow here).

coyoterogue

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You might want to at least first try fiddling with the settings on the wireless router. (Start with rebooting it if you haven't already). For example- turning off "N", changing authentication, turning off proprietary accelerators, stuff like that. Might be worth the time and help with troubleshooting. I don't know about there, but if I was stuck *ONLY* on Sprint's 3G, I would go insane (yes, it is that slow here).

Unfortunately did all that, after doing the second factory reset. Turned off N, used b and g mode. B only mode. g only mode. N and G mode, and even the N, B, G all together modes. All accelerator and proprietary filtering stuff was turned off. I know its hard to exhaust every possible self-troubleshooting, but I'm nearing the point of just admitting its a new glitch between HTC's Jellybean and DLink routers based on other anecdotal posts here and wait for a minor update to something. (Even checked for updated firmware for my router).

3G here is thankfully not horrific, just bleh. Think the coverage here for 3g is pretty much hitting near the top of its speed capabilities. I can watch Netflix and all that. But compared to being connected to my home internet, its a slug. Hey! Only 90 more apps to go!

And to add it the connection speed fun, a pretty strong snowstorm just started back up here. 2 bars of signal strength!

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny, it seems like power saver actually wastes battery. My batt seems to last a lot longer when I shut it off. Great update but hopefully they will have a maintenance update soon to fix all the smaller issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what's happening to me. I'm getting a netgear router this weekend to prove the point. (need a new router anyway) why d-link though is an interesting mystery. Fortunately no other issues seen for me. Proximity sensor seems normal and use swift key 3 , so can't comment on keyboard issues. Battery life seems worse.

I am not having any problems with my WiFi and I have a netgear

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have poor Wifi signal. I'm 6ft from the router and look at my speeds.

I have a Cisco E1200 N router with latest firmware. I was flying before the update. :(

KtbxM.png

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any problems with my WiFi and I have a netgear

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Correct, People who ARE having problems, like me, are experiencing issues with DLink WiFi routers.
Home Netgear router is fine, Work Netgear router is fine. Home DLink router not visible.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay