Bugs in Jelly Bean

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the stock browser doesn't appear in the Recent Apps carousel. Other apps are there, of course, including the Dolphin browser when in use.

If I leave the browser to use another app, I have to manually go to my bookmarks widget to reopen the browser. Doing a hard restart doesn't fix the issue for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just had a most horrible experience. I was on the phone with my Motorola bluetooth headset for about 45 min and suddenly neither party could hear each other. Phone looks normal. I press the button on the headset- ignored. I hang up on the screen. Press button on headset to call back, nothing. Disconnect and reconnect headset several times. Nothing. Turn off bluetooth and back on several times. Nothing. Try calling manually from phone, acts like it is calling, but hear nothing and they hear nothing. Reboot phone. When back up, headset is connected, press button, nothing. Try to click on Google Search, nothing. Try various permutations and still get nothing. Reboot phone again, and back to normal.

I am used to a bit of bluetooth strangeness on the Evo LTE, but nothing quite like that.

chenergize

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Any updates on this? I'm seeing the same issue? Could Google Now know that you're at the 'home 'location and automatically be turning on WiFi?

I tried disabling the connection optimizer. Maybe that will help.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Any updates on this? I'm seeing the same issue?

What is "this"?

Could Google Now know that you're at the 'home 'location and automatically be turning on WiFi?

My WiFi is on 24 hours a day... I don't see any real power drain from it being on. "Google [Spy] Now", however, uses location tracking and that seems to be at least part of some peoples' issue with excessive power drain.

I tried disabling the connection optimizer. Maybe that will help.

Might. I have never turned it on, myself.

Sevad

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if you have gone into HTC'S function test menu to see if your sensor is actually working properly to begin with. Try this out to test many standard functions on your phone. Dialer <*#*#3424#*#*...brings up a test menu so you can test you're proximity sensor. If the test shows it working properly then you may just need to do a hard reset (hold down the power button for about 10 second until the phone shuts off completely and resets. If that does not work then you may need to do the dreaded factory reset, which should basically fix any issues.

downsouth11

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else having this issue? I take a screen capture of a Facebook page or SMS and it looks normal. Once I send the screen shot via SMS it comes out garbled and illegible.

I am also having this happen to me. I think it is related to the compression of photos when using MMS. If I am not mistaken we had this issue when the phone was first released. It was fixed with an update then.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing that even when my WiFi is off if I cone in range of an open network it will automatically turn on and connect.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the stock browser doesn't appear in the Recent Apps carousel. Other apps are there, of course, including the Dolphin browser when in use.

If I leave the browser to use another app, I have to manually go to my bookmarks widget to reopen the browser. Doing a hard restart doesn't fix the issue for me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Not the case with me,, that's odd.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing that even when my WiFi is off if I cone in range of an open network it will automatically turn on and connect

You have the "Connections Optimizer" on. Sprint wants that so people will use WiFi when possible (in a way, it is not a bad thing since there are so many, many clueless users out there). When the Connections Optimizer is on, WiFi is never really completely off, it will come on and search every now and then. Personally, I never turn WiFi off, unless I am trying to test 3G for some reason. I do not find that leaving it on uses much power.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Here another question for you guys. I seem to remember that a half press of the camera button used to make the camera focus. It's not working anymore on my phone. Just wondering if it's just my phone or not. I do really like the new touch screen to focus and snap picture feature though. =)

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
- My "USB debugging connected" notification is always there when plugged into a computer, even though I have USB Debugging, as well as Developer Options, turned off.

I can confirm this. Mine shows it is on and I would go look and it was actually off. Turned it off, then completely turned off developer options and it still shows it when you plug in through usb (I missed your post first time around)

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that "Best Wi-Fi Performance" was on by default after the update. I had never enabled it before. This might be another thing to check for people with increased battery drain.

goggles6

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had face unlock before JB update. Now it is gone. Not in settings, WHAT DO I DO?????????? also BL is bad, and GNOW inconsistent. Any tips, and other new features to tell me about?

MrSteez

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I've only had issues with my battery life going to hell and my sd card is freaking out. It didn't start acting up until after the update. It doesn't show up until I restart nor can I get the 32gb card to show as a disk drive on my pc. Anyone else experiencing issues with sd card?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I had face unlock before JB update. Now it is gone. Not in settings, WHAT DO I DO?????????? also BL is bad, and GNOW inconsistent. Any tips, and other new features to tell me about?

face unlock is in my settings stock not rooted 4.1.1 sense 4+

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Still trying to nail down why the voice typing mic on the new keyboard goes away, and how to get it back without a restart. Anyone else figure out anything with this?

mic has disappeared for me several times. restart is the only thing that has fixed it for me.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Weird issue last night...until last night I've had no issues before or since update. My band was playing at a club where signal was very weak, outside or near glass door I had signal and phone was ok but going deeper into club had nothing and was having problem with phone waking, screen would not come on, only buttons would light, had to hold power button to restart. after happening a few times, I put phone into airplane mode and phone would wake fine, once i left club, took out of airplane mode and connected fine and no problems waking since...Anyone else have waking problems when signal very weak or having no signal at all?

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
mic has disappeared for me several times. restart is the only thing that has fixed it for me.
I use swiftkey so i'm not having this issue but I saw in a thread somewhere that the mic will only be there if it's usable in app your typing in. Don't know if it's true or not, but poster said the mic will re appear if your in an app that supports it