Bugs in Jelly Bean

scott8

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
When I try to type into a input field that is at the bottom of a web page the keyboard pops up and covers the field so I can not see what I am typing.

I have been unable to get the quick controls in the browser to work after the update.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i think i found a new bug that i have not seen anyone mention yet

for some strange reason my GPS would automatically turn on and would drain my battery like it was it's job. this never happened pre-JB. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Of coarse mine is a launch day Evo so starting with a fresh reset probably couldn't have hurt :D

I don't see doing a factory reset before the update making any real difference. I would (and did) do the reset after the update. Get JB on there and then clear out anything left over from ICS

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't see doing a factory reset before the update making any real difference. I would (and did) do the reset after the update. Get JB on there and then clear out anything left over from ICS

Yes this was almost a week later I reset...phone seems way smoother now...will probably reset after any major update from here on..

TommyZ34

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue? The text keyboard initially pops up like this...I can temp fix it by minimizing it and bringing it back up, but it intermittently comes back during texting.

Picture5_zpsda425951.jpg

Picture2_zps5b44c9fb.jpg

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen... I don't think it started until I changed the backround in messages...

I eventually turned it back to white and soft reset .. haven't had the issue since

Andy McConnell

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
TommyZ34:

Yep, I started seeing that keyboard graphics glitch happen in some apps as soon as I enabled the arrow keys in keyboard options - the problem went away after disabling them again.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can the EVO do two finger swipe down like on emails ? Like how you can do it on the galaxy s3 and nexus devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the mic icon on the stock keyboard after JB update. Then it disappeared. Hard reboot of phone refreshed the mic onto the keyboard allowing me to use Google Voice Typing in the messaging app, chrome, gmail, etc. If that doesn't work, hard reboot again a few times.

By hard reboot, do you mean a factory reset or a press and hold power button until the 3 second count down for a restart? Thanks for the help. :)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is a reminder to everyone posting in this thread (or even just reading)....

* Don't assume that HTC is going to fix your issue.
* Don't assume that HTC knows your issue.
* Don't assume that someone else reported your issue.
* Don't assume your voice doesn't count.

It only takes a moment to let HTC know what you are unhappy about (or happy about). Feedback is important. The more they hear from us, the less likely they are to ignore a problem or delay addressing it.

Click : " HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets " and report it to HTC! Thanks!! PS- I rarely use such size/color tactics except on an important public service announcement :)

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
i think i found another bug.

whenever i hard reboot my phone, battery drops about 20%. anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I'm not sure by how much though it is significant. Before JB it would drop about 5%, now it is around 10-12%. When I reboot, while it's on the charger, I don't get any drop at all.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a reminder to everyone posting in this thread (or even just reading)....

* Don't assume that HTC is going to fix your issue.
* Don't assume that HTC knows your issue.
* Don't assume that someone else reported your issue.
* Don't assume your voice doesn't count.

It only takes a moment to let HTC know what you are unhappy about (or happy about). Feedback is important. The more they hear from us, the less likely they are to ignore a problem or delay addressing it.

Click : " HTC Smartphones and Tablets - Support for HTC Cell Phones and Tablets " and report it to HTC! Thanks!! PS- I rarely use such size/color tactics except on an important public service announcement :)

You're naive. HTC knows when things are broken. They said the multi-tasking was fine. Completely ignored the contact issues.

Contacting them will do nothing. Grandeur will make it worse.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You're naive. HTC knows when things are broken. They said the multi-tasking was fine. Completely ignored the contact issues.

Contacting them will do nothing. Grandeur will make it worse.

They didn't ignore the contact issue, they knew that factory reset would solve the problem for a while but ultimately they would have to provide a fix, I have a ticket with them that states this explicitly.