Bugs in Jelly Bean

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm pissed off beyond words now.. I don't usually complain and trust me I like my EVO LTE.. This has become such a big problem for me for issues that have no fix or work around.
The proximity sensor... How can I be on the phone with a client and mute calls or hangup or multi task when the screen is blank?!
The mms compression issue.. How can I send screen shots of my orders to customers through mms when it's not readable?!
I tried go sms which I hate but I have had no luck.. I have tried some work arounds so I'm not here to just complain. I've searched for any news on a fix and no word any where...

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok some say the update sucks others like it from what I'm reading it seems like the update makes stuff smoother and had a few disabled add ons for special need people but vs all the so called bugs I think ill wait as far as the msg compression I wouldn't be surprised if it was something sprint did to cut down on data traffic just like they are trying to force WiFi on all the time lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

sonny1223

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble android beam, here's the problem. My HTC Evo Lte Can Send Pictures to My Girlfriends HTC Evo Lte Using The Android Beam, But When I try to recieve one it does recognize and receives the beam and loads 100% but then says beam did not complete. I've tried turning beam off then on, updating prl and profile, turning phone off and on, even holding the phones together thru the entire process.
I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might have.
Thanks.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided to do a full reset on my phone last night. While reinstalling my apps I left a few apps off that Carot was saying as running in the background/foreground. Battery life seems to be better (at least standby time, I haven't used my phone much today).

I'm wondering if the battery issue is due to the JB update having done something that causes rouge apps to fetch data more often than they where before?

I haven't tested how much standby time I have while the phone is in power saver mode, but I do know I burned though the battery at 35% in less than 2 hours after the update before wiping the phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

fastcz5

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello semperfi22

I am also facing problems when connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 using a mhl/hdmi adapter along with a 5 pin to 11 pin converter. On connecting, the display keeps blinking after every 5-10 seconds. It used to work fine before the jelly bean update. Did you find a solution to this?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello semperfi22

I am also facing problems when connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 using a mhl/hdmi adapter along with a 5 pin to 11 pin converter. On connecting, the display keeps blinking after every 5-10 seconds. It used to work fine before the jelly bean update. Did you find a solution to this?

Probably have better luck in a s3 forum,, this is a HTC evo forum. ;)

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk HD

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my phone a few days ago. Now I'm noticing that text message notifications aren't showing up in the lock screen (The Sense lock screen customization for productivity, there is still a notification in the notifications bar though). Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix for it?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset on my phone a few days ago. Now I'm noticing that text message notifications aren't showing up in the lock screen (The Sense lock screen customization for productivity, there is still a notification in the notifications bar though). Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix for it?

I use that lock screen also and I've found it works more consistently than it did with ics

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed over the past few days that my battery life is returning to normal and I have not done anything as far as resetting is concerned. Yesterday, I was on Facebook a lot through the day, watched YouTube videos etc and still had 30% battery after 13 hours. After the update, I would be lucky to get 5 or 6 hours with the same type of use.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, but I was wondering if the problems we'rehaving with JB is due to an older build getting pushed out?

I noticed on the boot menu, the date listed is Oct. 18 2012. Now I'm not to falimar with the numbers in the various menus, but is this the build date of the version of JB that was sent out?

If so it's over two months old and I'd be curious if this is the same build date that was released on the ONE X.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious, but I was wondering if the problems we'rehaving with JB is due to an older build getting pushed out?

I noticed on the boot menu, the date listed is Oct. 18 2012. Now I'm not to falimar with the numbers in the various menus, but is this the build date of the version of JB that was sent out?

If so it's over two months old and I'd be curious if this is the same build date that was released on the ONE X.

You know, I was rooting my phone yesterday and noticed that and was wondering the same thing. I had the proximity sensor issue with the JB update.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
You know, I was rooting my phone yesterday and noticed that and was wondering the same thing. I had the proximity sensor issue with the JB update.

Considering we where told that the EVO LTE version of JB was pushed back a few weeks later than the ONE X for some improvements, if this is the build date, it does make sense at all and might explain a lot. Like I said though, I'm not familiar with the information that is presented in the hboot menu, so maybe someone else with more knowledge can fill us in?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Considering we where told that the EVO LTE version of JB was pushed back a few weeks later than the ONE X for some improvements, if this is the build date, it does make sense at all and might explain a lot. Like I said though, I'm not familiar with the information that is presented in the hboot menu, so maybe someone else with more knowledge can fill us in?

Why not open a ticket and ask HTC directly?? If you are afraid to let HTC know you've rooted your phone, or whatever, post a screen shot here and I will open a ticket.

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint support about the various bugs that were contained in the JB update. Tech said they had made the manufacturer aware of the issues and I should "expect" a release with the fixes "shortly".

I also complained to her about the totally piss-poor connections I am getting in the area surrounding a major US city. No LTE, voice calls dropped daily and total lack of any decent 3g speed. I basically told her the phone was useless unless I managed to get it connected to a WIFI spot. She admitted that they were working on upgrading the service in my area and that the upgrade to the Enhanced 3g service and LTE roll-out would be complete by 2013 nationwide.

I grilled her on where LTE would and would not be when this "Network Upgrade" ended this December. After doing a very delicate dance I pretty much got out that the LTE coverage they have been touting will be at best pathetic and that Sprint will be banking on this Enhanced 3g to fulfill the needs of it's customers !!! (She kept telling me how wonderful Enhanced 3g will be when I get it !)

I then explained the basics of customer service and economics to her. I asked her why I should remain with Sprint when AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Verizon and a host of other carriers in my area were already running their customers on 4g speed networks. The silence was deafening.....

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble android beam, here's the problem. My HTC Evo Lte Can Send Pictures to My Girlfriends HTC Evo Lte Using The Android Beam, But When I try to recieve one it does recognize and receives the beam and loads 100% but then says beam did not complete. I've tried turning beam off then on, updating prl and profile, turning phone off and on, even holding the phones together thru the entire process.
I'd appreciate any ideas anyone might have.
Thanks.

I'm having the exact same problem and it's not just with my wife's evo lte my buddy's s3 also does not send I can send all day but cannot receive without the beam did not complete error

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have been lurking in these forums for a while and have read all the JB threads, I have had many of the bugs with my phone as many of you have. I did a factory rest and most of them have gone away with the exception on the proximity sensor, that works most of the time but every now and again it stays blacked out. So if you have nothing to lose try the rest.
Just my .02 and thanks for a great site.
David

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I then explained the basics of customer service and economics to her. I asked her why I should remain with Sprint when AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Verizon and a host of other carriers in my area were already running their customers on 4g speed networks. The silence was deafening.....

Dude, she's customer service not a marketing exec...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar