Bugs in Jelly Bean

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
think i figured out the proximity sensor in call problem. I recently started getting it, restart didn't fix. Simulate battery pull didn't fix.

Realized i had an almost invisible smudge, wiped with my shirt and works perfect again.

Not saying it will work for everyone, maybe there is a real problem for some, but maybe try and see if it works for you

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint support about the various bugs that were contained in the JB update. Tech said they had made the manufacturer aware of the issues and I should "expect" a release with the fixes "shortly".

I also complained to her about the totally piss-poor connections I am getting in the area surrounding a major US city. No LTE, voice calls dropped daily and total lack of any decent 3g speed. I basically told her the phone was useless unless I managed to get it connected to a WIFI spot. She admitted that they were working on upgrading the service in my area and that the upgrade to the Enhanced 3g service and LTE roll-out would be complete by 2013 nationwide.

I grilled her on where LTE would and would not be when this "Network Upgrade" ended this December. After doing a very delicate dance I pretty much got out that the LTE coverage they have been touting will be at best pathetic and that Sprint will be banking on this Enhanced 3g to fulfill the needs of it's customers !!! (She kept telling me how wonderful Enhanced 3g will be when I get it !)

I then explained the basics of customer service and economics to her. I asked her why I should remain with Sprint when AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Verizon and a host of other carriers in my area were already running their customers on 4g speed networks. The silence was deafening.....

Dude, she's customer service not a marketing exec...

This whole thing just made me laugh. Anything that starts with "I then explained the basics of..." you know is going to be good

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint support about the various bugs that were contained in the JB update. Tech said they had made the manufacturer aware of the issues and I should "expect" a release with the fixes "shortly".

I also complained to her about the totally piss-poor connections I am getting in the area surrounding a major US city. No LTE, voice calls dropped daily and total lack of any decent 3g speed. I basically told her the phone was useless unless I managed to get it connected to a WIFI spot. She admitted that they were working on upgrading the service in my area and that the upgrade to the Enhanced 3g service and LTE roll-out would be complete by 2013 nationwide.

I grilled her on where LTE would and would not be when this "Network Upgrade" ended this December. After doing a very delicate dance I pretty much got out that the LTE coverage they have been touting will be at best pathetic and that Sprint will be banking on this Enhanced 3g to fulfill the needs of it's customers !!! (She kept telling me how wonderful Enhanced 3g will be when I get it !)

I then explained the basics of customer service and economics to her. I asked her why I should remain with Sprint when AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Verizon and a host of other carriers in my area were already running their customers on 4g speed networks. The silence was deafening.....

Obviously the trolls missed the entire point. Sprints 4g if and when it comes to a point near you isn't their flagship service. Enhanced 3g is....the girl was back line support, supposedly the best of their best.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Obviously the trolls missed the entire point. Sprints 4g if and when it comes to a point near you isn't their flagship service. Enhanced 3g is....the girl was back line support, supposedly the best of their best.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lol wut?

Lte is going to be the flagship service. Enhanced 3 is the superior fallback to provide coverage if lte fails.

No provider would scream look at my 3g when all the others are talking about lte.

Sprint screwed to pooch already with wimax, I know they had to at the time but they will not make that mistake again.

Lte in my area is decent. The coverage needs to get a bit better but I am getting Verizon speeds.

I am not sure why the EVO is causing problems, but lte won't be one of them when the rollout is done

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Self explanatory

If it were, I wouldn't have questioned it. The Samsung GS3 is no more a Nexus than an Evo LTE is... neither is. And the only semi-Nexus made was the USA Xoom WiFi, which didn't carry the name, but was a Nexus in most every other regard. Perhaps you were just trying to play on words with "nexus" instead of "Nexus" Nexus | Define Nexus at Dictionary.com but if so it is quite ambiguous and probably designed to just troll. Urban Dictionary: internet troll

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If it were, I wouldn't have questioned it. The Samsung GS3 is no more a Nexus than an Evo LTE is... neither is. And the only semi-Nexus made was the USA Xoom WiFi, which didn't carry the name, but was a Nexus in most every other regard. Perhaps you were just trying to play on words with "nexus" instead of "Nexus" Nexus | Define Nexus at Dictionary.com but if so it is quite ambiguous and probably designed to just troll. Urban Dictionary: internet troll

Or, you're just in a bad mood today crxssi. ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It is a small 'n', it is used properly in the sentence and at this point in time it is the most popular Android Phone in terms of units sold.

A ton of companies design products just for it, and you pretty much cannot turn on the TV for 10 minutes without seeing a commercial for it. Oh and most other phones are compared to it, not to mention new features are being released for it.

Kinda makes the statement correct and not a troll.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about your back, I seriously can sympathize with ya.

It isn't a troll by the definition you provided nor in my intent. It is a sig.

Julie S

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have trouble getting the screen to wake up during a phone call? It's always blank, even when another call comes in so I can't switch. Also can't bring up the keypad or switch to speaker. is there some gesture I should know about?

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes Julie, it's the proximity sensor issue that many have. Mine has gotten a little better over time, but still not as good as before the update. I don't know of anything that fixes it.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Since Sunday, mine has had issues waking up when I press the power button. I'm still in the process of trying to determine the root cause, but I'm starting to lean to a software problem.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you hit the power button on top it should wake up. The proximity sensor seems to have a problem in low light. Sometimes just turning the phone into a brighter light will wake it. I'm sure it's an easy sensitivity setting they will fix on the next update. That seems to be the only bug I having since the update. My battery life is now better than any smart phone I've ever had.

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
There's a new update available this morning, in case you haven't seen it in another thread. It reportedly fixes the proximity sensor issue.

Last edited: